Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Cops beat up a 5-year-old girl in Etawah
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2009, 06:00
Jessica [Private]
A five-year-old girl was beaten up by the police in Etawah district of Uttar Pradesh just because she allegedly stole Rs 280. The girl named Komal was brought to the police station by locals who accused her of stealing the money. The SHO and Sub-Inspectors decided to teach her a lesson and beat her black and blue.

"I sent my daughter to get Rs 15 to buy undergarments. She saw somebody running away with a wallet in the market. But the police caught my daughter," said victim's mother.
Six other policemen, who were present in the police station, stood as mute spectators while the entire incident took place on Monday afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JemH2_CIekY & http://www.nowpublic.com/world/cops-beat-5-year-old-girl-0

I saw this on youtube, I know it's a tad old. But seriously? The currency converter I used (here) Says that 280 Rupees is only $5.80!! (3.53 GBP). Is it really THAT necessary to beat the little girl black and blue? Surely getting arrested would've freaked her out enough!!
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2009, 07:08
Makayla
This made me want to cry. I swear that poor baby was probably scared to death. The "cops" should be the ones punished for abusing a child. I would like to volunteer to drag them by their hair and beat them black and blue.

What kind of behavior is the police setting for parents for their own children? If someone ,I don't care if it was a policeman, stranger, or president of the USA EVER touched my child like that. I would go ape shit on them, they would have to kill me before I killed them.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2009, 07:30
Jessica [Private]
My thoughts exactly.

How can you hurt something that defenseless?
If I ever saw someone hit a baby like that, I'd smack them upside the head. Even if I didn't know the kid.
That's ridiculous.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2009, 07:16
Poetic Justice
Wow. What kind of coward has to put their hands on a child?
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2009, 11:27
queenbutterfly
Though we may be shocked, corporal punishment is alive and well.

(The practice has been banned in 13 countries, even in Israel. Canada and USA not included).

In Canada, corporal punishment is banned in schools and restricted in the home to children between 2 and 12 years of age." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporal_punishment

Corporal punishment in schools remains legal in 21 U.S. states and is used frequently in 13:

More than 200,000 children were spanked or paddled in U.S. schools during the past school year.

The highest number was in Texas, with 48,197 students.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/20/corporal.punishment/

The Supreme Court of India banned corporal punishment in schools in 2000. However, in spite of being illegal, several incidents of corporal punishment take place and most go unreported. Significantly, in one of its judgments, the Delhi High Court held that children should be allowed to acquire education with dignity and in an atmosphere free from fear of punishment, physical or otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporal_punishment

I pulled this from the article. This is incredible! I would never allow someone else to paddle my child. That's just as bad as what happened to this little girl!
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2009, 20:01
Makayla
I was paddled at school when I was 17 years old, while I was pregnant!!! I didn't know it at the time, but they gave me the choice of being suspended for 3 months, or being paddled. I didn't want to be suspended for 3 months because I wouldn't get to walk with my graduating class. I was around 12 weeks when they paddled me, I found out about 2 weeks later I was prego.

I would NEVER let anyone else hit my child. NEVER in a million years. If a teacher was to ever lay a hand on my child, they better be ready to get dealt with.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jul 2009, 02:49
Jessica [Private]
They can't not let you walk with your class, that's just stupid.
I would've taken the suspension and sued ;D
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jul 2009, 03:30
Makayla
Well it's not them telling me I can't walk with them. It was if I got suspended, I would fail my classes because they don't let you make up work while suspended you just get zero's and after 3 months, there was no way I could get those credits before Fall graduation.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jul 2009, 09:18
Jessica [Private]
Ah, I could see that being a problem lol.
I had all my credits after the second quarter of the year. (would have had them all done in the first but I had half days)

My last quarter I literally did nothing. First block was a monitor class where I played computer games all day, and the second was a study hall. Then I went home.
Such a waste of my day ;D I skipped so much that semester, just slept right through it. :P
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jul 2009, 04:18
DecentralizedByGuilt
watching that video made me really angry

This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends