[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Sarah Palin Resigns
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 20:22
DecentralizedByGuilt
Palin to Resign as Alaska Governor on July 26

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) announced this afternoon she will resign from office on July 26 and return to private life, a stunning decision by last year's Republican vice presidential candidate to leave office before the end of her first term.

"We know we can effect positive change outside government at this moment in time on another scale and actually make a difference for our priorities," Palin said in a news conference alongside a lake in her hometown of Wasilla, Alaska.

Using a basketball analogy, Palin said, "I know when it's time to pass the ball for victory."

Palin, 45, is a major star in the GOP and is seen as a leading candidate for the party's presidential nomination in 2012. Her decision not to run for reelection in 2010 and to leave office imminently came as a shock to Republican strategists today.

"We've seen a lot of nutty behavior from governors and Republican leaders in the last three months, but this one is at the top of that," said John Weaver, a longtime friend and confidant of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), the party's presidential nominee in 2008 whose of selection of Palin catapulted the first-term Alaska governor to national prominence.

Alaska Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell (R), who will succeed Palin, appeared with Palin and complimented her service to the state.

http://www.washingtonpost.com

This lady has more drama in her life than I do! ;D
she cracked, or is planning to run for president in 2012

0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 20:41
Moonlight Shadows
LOL.. that is just fantabulous and made my day....
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 21:28
.love.struck.
I hope she doesn't try to run for President in 2012. Oh god, we are doomed if she does! Palin is an idiot. The thought of her being a President or Vice President is scary.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 21:46
ೋMindy☆
Shes already said shes running on 2012 and could beat Obama in a Race...this was all from her mouth. lol I used to live in Alaska and we're moving back next yr I'm GLAD she wont be the Gov.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 22:24
*Forever Changing*
I am having a party tonight to celebrate. I Loathe that woman.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 23:27
lovingquality104
i think it's all pretty funny...
she couldn't even last a year as a gov.!
how would she ever make it as president!?
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jul 2009, 00:26
.love.struck.
That is a good point! If she can't hang being a Governor then she has no business trying to run for President.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jul 2009, 01:42
Mary Magdelene
Not true. Not that I'm sticking up for her, because I don't think she CAN hack it, and I don't think she was a good choice for governor, but she began her "governage" of Alaska in late 2006. So she did make it more than one year. She made it like 1 1/2 years.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jul 2009, 01:28
Mary Magdelene
Oops, typo. Make that 2 1/2 years.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jul 2009, 00:56
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
she's cracked. I think the GOP may take this as a hint to find a new prime candidate for the 2012 election.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jul 2009, 17:46
Mojo Jojo
I love that I got an ad banner asking me to vote Palin on this thread...lmao
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jul 2009, 00:10
Lady Sheri
imo, she is backing down because she thought she would be VP right now. And she wouldn't have had to make ANY decisions on her own if she was in the white house.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jul 2009, 13:56
sumamen
Makes you wonder what she's done that is getting ready to be exposed..hmmmmm
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jul 2009, 20:07
Lady Elphaba
lol!!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2009, 17:56
DecentralizedByGuilt
The word on the internet is that Palin is about to be indited on federal charges, for building her home with supplies from a contractor, whom she rewarded the bid to build a hockey ring to. Her house was a bonus for giving them the contract, which is illegal.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2009, 18:02
Simply Mom
Im so glad she stepped down. I can't stand her! She is nothing but a fucking idiot! if there is something that is about to be exposed i hope it is good so we can laugh really hard at her foolish ass.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends