[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1  2 
MAC USERS!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 03:41
-kay
Tell me why Mac's are so amazing!
I'm thinking about getting a new computer when I move for school in September, and the school recommends Mac's.
I honestly don't know that I love Mac's so much, but I don't have a lot of experience with them, so I'm just curious what your experiences have been?

Please&thankyou!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 04:15
Sunlight Silence
Macs are awesome. I got my first Mac back when I was 15. I liked it but I hated that nothing was compatible with it. Now, almost everything is compatible with a Mac. If you need something that isn't compatible with Mac OS, then you can put Windows on your Mac and choose which one to run each time you start up! Macs are less vulnerable to viruses (at least until people decide to start making them to infiltrate the Mac OS instead of Windows). Macs are super easy to use, look pretty, and have really nice tech support guys and customer service people. Macs are also built extremely sturdy... both physically and technically. I've dropped my computer I don't know how many times and it's still perfect! I've had my specific Macbook for exactly 2 years now and have had ZERO problems with it!
There was a period when I was using non-Mac computers and I had such awful luck with them. In about 2 years, I went through 4 laptops!! 2 Toshiba (which SUCK HORRIDLY), an HP, and an Averatec. My Tohiba decided to just one day randomly COMPLETELY ERASE the operating system. I did nothing but hit the power button. Another Toshiba crashed after only 3 months, etc. They just all were awful.
I have had two different Macbooks and neither of them ever had any problems whatsoever. They are definitely worth the money in my opinion. I love my computer quite a bit. :)
I hope that helps some! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. :)
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 04:33
-kay
Hahaha! I have a Toshiba now. It's held up pretty good, but I think I'll back it up tomorrow, just in case. :]

Thanks so much for your help!!! :D
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 04:23
*Forever Changing*
Hey there! I want a mac too. I dont know why but it intrigues me.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 09:57
Transit
Firstly I will say, if you buy a mac on your college/university campus internet you get money off, I got about £100 off mine.

Well, when I compare my mac to my previous laptop (which had the same specs and windows xp)
My mac is far faster, even in starting up, which takes a few seconds and everything is loaded, it used to take a couple of minutes on my xp.
Crashing, my mac has never crashed, I've never had a program that didn't respond, but this used to happen loads on my xp.
You can get parallels which allows you to run windows and osx at the same time, but I don't see the point in that as there is no reason to use windows.
You don't have to do anything! At uni if you have windows you have to spend hours at the library getting your ethernet and wireless set up to use in your halls and at the library, macbooks do it all for you, so no trouble.
As someone else has said, virtually no viruses as no one can be bothered to make them yet, in general anyway.

You don't have a start bar, instead you have icons at the bottom of your screen for certain things, like safari, word etc. Then you files are in your hard drive which is a short cut icon on your screen.

The only thing I don't like is that my macbook is white, so I have to clean it quite often, sometimes with bleach otherwise it ends up quite dirty.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 10:08
Jessica [Private]
The only thing that's ever bugged me on a mac is that you can't right click.
It drives me up the freaking wall.

Like my friend has a mac. We'll be on the internet. On my desktop I can right click a link and open in new tab.
I have no idea how to do that shit on a mac, stupid giant one buttoned mouse.
hatehatehate. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 10:18
Transit
Yes you can
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 14:10
Catch May If You Can
why do people keep saying you cant right click on a mac? i have a mighty mouse mouse from Mac and yes, it is one button, but thats only the look, you can right and left click just like a regular mouse. i never understood where the whole "can't right click" thing has come from XD
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 01:23
BOTTOM
hold control and click down, that should be the same as right click i think?
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 06:59
Jessica [Private]
oh really?
I'll have to try that.

It was so irritating having to copy a link, go to make a new tab and then paste
hehe ;D
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jul 2009, 08:56
fighting_global
click control while clicking down.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 14:11
Catch May If You Can
amen sister! i
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 14:12
Catch May If You Can
i love my macbook pro
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 10:07
Transit
Oh also, you can now get a free ipod touch if you buy a mac online for uni.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 15:45
-kay
I saw that on the Apple site the other day! I don't really love iPods, but I wouldn't dare turn down a new, free one.
Hmm...So then the Macbook, or the Macbook Pro?
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 15:49
Transit
I've never used a pro, but surely the idea is to just get the spec that you need.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 15:55
-kay
Oh yes, that's true, but I was just wondering if one was a bit better than the other.
I have a computer not, obviously, but I just need one that isn't going to be so bulky (althought compared to my mother's HP, this is a breeze).

Thanks for your help!! :D
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 15:57
Transit
Before my macbook I had a HP which I absolutely loved, but the mother board died, actually I love it so much, even though it wont even turn on I still have it! Then I had a dell laptop, now our dell desktop was brilliant, but my laptop broke with 4 months, luckily it was under warranty so we got all our money back.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jul 2009, 15:42
panda bear.
*COUGH*Macbook pro*COUGH*
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 21:19
Kate.Monster
Yea, when I bought my mac about 3 years ago I got a free mini ipod and a huge discount on a printer. I sold the mini ipod and unfortunately the printer broke, but my macbook is still going strong!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 14:57
*Forever Changing*
Okay you all have talked me into a mac....I now just have to wait a while to be able to afford one haha.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 15:39
Ashley Winter
My mom said (haha yeah you can tell I'm 14) that I can get a laptop for Xmas next (or this?) year. I really want a macbook, but theyre way more expensive than just a normal, say, Dell laptop or HP.
Maybe I'll get a paper route. sneer. :(
aha. but I love Macs. I donno why. Theyre just so sleek and fast, haha
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 16:35
Transit
My HP was more expensive than my mac and my mac had far better spec.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 17:38
panda bear.
Dude and Macs are so much better for graphic based work, like photoshop and such! They're just so much nicer and awesomer. If you can save up a bit of money, and tell your mom that you can pitch in for your computer, get a mac! I'm sure you'll love them!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jun 2009, 16:26
Acid Fairy
I don't like Macs. Mainly because everyone who owns a Mac seems so self righteous. And the prices of them are absolutely RIDICULOUS. Then again I do use Safari and iTunes, because Microsoft's attempts are just FAIL ;D
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends