Page:  1 
Greys anatomy season finale cliffhanger answered
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2009, 15:32
Mami 2 ♥ 1
Katherine Heigl scrubbing back in to 'Grey's Anatomy'
June 19, 2009, 6:25 PM EST
Entertainment Tonight

On the heels of ET's confirmation that T.R. Knight is leaving "Grey's Anatomy," new info pointing to Katherine Heigl's return has emerged.

Heigl will be back as Dr. Izzie Stevens, says People.com. An ABC rep tells the site that Heigl is not departing the show, and adds that Jessica Capshaw, who plays Dr. Arizona Robbins, will become a full-time cast member.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=415370>1=28103

OMG YAY SHE IS STAYING!!!!! :) :) OMG NO HE IS GOING!!!!! :( :(

Izzie and Dr. George O'Malley (Knight) were both seemingly left on the verge of death on last season's cliffhanger finale.

Related stories on ETonline.com:
'Grey's Anatomy' Season Finale Shocker
Report: Katherine Heigl Stays, T.R. Knight Goes on 'Grey's Anatomy'

0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2009, 20:21
mommyto4bratz
awwwww the season finale made me sooooo sad. they didn't know it was George at the end until he squeezed her fingers. I was nearly bawling!
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2009, 15:32
Mami 2 ♥ 1
OMG i sooo messed this thread up but u all get the point.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2009, 19:25
~RedFraggle~
I like both characters, but medically speaking it's near impossible that either of them could survive in reality, so I'm glad they're killing one of them off. I'm still curious to see how they're going to 'save' Izzie from her terminal cancer though. That storyline really annoys me... it gives false hope to people who really are suffering from cancer (and does nothing to help the anti-sunbed campaigns either! ;) If she'd died it could have helped make people realise just how nasty malignant melanoma is). You cannot survive a skin cancer which has spread all over your body! But I'm sure somehow she will...

Still, it was quite clear that George's injuries weren't survivable either, so at least they got that one right.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2009, 19:38
Mary Magdelene
I hope they don't turn it into some sort of supernatural event where George took all of the cancer out of her body as he passed on into the next life so she could live.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2009, 19:43
Mami 2 ♥ 1
I dont think that would happen then why wouldnt Izzies dead fiancee (cant think of his name right now) just sit back. Greys isnt really supernatural type of show its more drama than anything.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2009, 19:46
Mary Magdelene
Denny.

I know it's not a supernatural type show. But really, if they plan on keeping Izzy around and they get rid of her cancer, there really is no other way to do so. The only other option is to prolong her misery and fans aren't going to be happy with that. And as RedFraggle said, you don't come back from that. So really, those are their only two options. Either some supernatural event takes away her cancer, or they continue with the cancer story and we watch her completely waste away.

I was simply saying that I hope that's now how they go about doing it. I have seen other shows that are more drama that Grey's go the supernatural route when they had no other way to explain something.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2009, 19:50
Mary Magdelene
The last sentence should have read:

I was simply saying that I hope that's NOT how they go about doing it. I have seen other shows that are more drama THAN Grey's go the supernatural route when they had no other way to explain something.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2009, 20:03
~RedFraggle~
They had Meridith come back from the dead after meeting her mother in the after life!
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2009, 19:41
Mami 2 ♥ 1
Yes you are probably right to say medically speaking it is unrealistic. But, its a fictional TV show. So I dont think if I (god forbid) ever had cancer i would compare it to someone who survived on a TV show. You know what I mean? It has got to be hard for you to watch shows like that when you know certain things would never happen. I used to get sooo upset when I first started watching Army wives for the same reason, certain things dont really happen certain ways in the real Army. But i got over it once i realized "why am i getting so upset its not real. haha"
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2009, 20:02
~RedFraggle~
You might not... but I think some people, when dying, get really desperate and look for hope anywhere they can find it. I don't think it's fair of TV shows to give false hope to people like that.

Do you realise how many people think they know how to do CPR just because they've seen it done on some TV medical drama? Some people really do believe everything they see on TV.

Grey's is terrible when it comes to medical accuracy though (ER was so much better). And it can be very misleading. There was one episode where a patient developed malignant hyperthermia during an anaesthetic (that's a reaction to an anaesthetic which is genetic, and potentially life threatening). Afterwards the surgeon (not the anaesthetist :P) explained the condition to the patient and told him that it meant he could not have a general anaesthetic EVER, and would have to have his open heart surgery awake, under epidural instead. Which is ridiculous... he could have had a different type of anaesthetic. That sort of mistake has the potential to frighten and mislead people who genuinely do have the condition and may need an anaesthetic one day!

There's so many mistakes I could go on for hours. But I won't. :) And I actually do think Greys do good drama (which is why I watch it). And the George ending was brilliant. It's just a shame they don't put more effort into the details though. ER could do it... so it's just laziness on the Greys writers parts really.

My guess is that they'll put Izzie on some trial drug that will turn out to provide a miracle cure. It's so unrealistic though.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2009, 20:15
Mary Magdelene
Ah yes, the "miracle drug" route. I forgot about that option.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends