Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Books
Page:  1  2 
Must read book.
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 01:02
jessicaツ
I just got this book. I haven't had a chance to start reading it yet.
0 likes [|reply]
20 May 2009, 01:09
Lauren.
I've been meaning to read some Jodi Picoult's books. The local Wal-Mart has a whole stand full of her books. I figure I'll start with My Sister's Keeper so that I can have it done by the time the movie comes out.
0 likes [|reply]
10 May 2009, 16:30
Minda Hey Hey™
So is Change Of Heart by Jodi Picoult!
0 likes [|reply]
10 May 2009, 16:42
Music God CJ Plain
I just finished the book The Wolf Of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort. It's an autobiography but it's an amazing read. Tons of life lessons to be learned from it.

BTW, Jordan is one of the guys whose life the movie BOILER ROOM was based on...
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 03:57
just samma;
Cunt: A Declaration of Independence
amazing book.

Veronika Decides To Die
another amazing read, action packed & definitely changes the way to look at things.
I agree with the others who said anything by Jodi Picoult.
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 18:24
chelseaz
Once upon a day by lisa tucker.

Fantastic book.
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 21:35
wugs
George Orwell's books have been mentioned, but I'll say again that 1984 and Animal Farm are amazing.
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger was very good. I tend to like the insane narrators, I have to say.
The Harry Potter series is good for a lot of people, like me. I loved it and got really, really absorbed.
Call me crazy, but I do like Dan Brown. I have The Lost Symbol reserved at the nearest B&N, but I don't know if another story about the Freemasons will be good. I'll have to see...
The Shack by William P. Young was good even to me, an atheist. I find it interesting to understand other religions and this was a pretty good one on Christianity.
Though I hated it at first, Mythology by Edith Hamilton has really, really grown on me. It's absolutely amazing. I'd hate to actually read Apollodorus's works.

I'm currently reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I don't love the writing style (it actually gets a bit tedious to read in some places...), but the story is interesting so far.
I'm awaiting Catch-22. I think it looks good. Plus, I've always been such an ass about when someone says something is a Catch-22 when it really isn't, that I'd like to actually read the book. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 21:36
wugs
I didn't mention John Green, the author, who is really good. Paper Towns is by far my favorite, but the other two (An Abundance of Katherines and Looking for Alaska) are very good too.
0 likes [|reply]
19 May 2009, 19:49
*Teddybear*blues*
I absolutely love Paper Towns! Currently my favorite book!
0 likes [|reply]
19 May 2009, 19:57
The Ryan
Love Catch-22, so funny!! And strangely poignant. Brilliant! And yes, Orwell was a God.
0 likes [|reply]
19 May 2009, 14:22
Ufie Dufie
I would say Fahrenheit 451 it was an amazing book. 1984 is a very good read, it does make you think about how thing could be. Brave New World is one of my personal favorite books. I read it in high school and wasn't sure if I would like it. I was proven wrong.
0 likes [|reply]
19 May 2009, 18:49
kein mitleid
Catch-22 is the best book ever written.
0 likes [|reply]
20 May 2009, 01:07
Lauren.
I LOVE Catch-22.
0 likes [|reply]
19 May 2009, 19:58
Estella
TWILIGHT, YO! CLEARLY IT MUST BE A MUST-READ BOOK, BECAUSE I TOTALLY FELT COMPELLED TO BUY IT!
0 likes [|reply]
19 May 2009, 20:47
jessicaツ
I must read it then, yo.
0 likes [|reply]
20 May 2009, 02:39
DecentralizedByGuilt
A must read book is John Allegro's "The Sacred Mushroom and The Cross"

Now you're not going to find it, maybe a used one somewhere. It came out in the early 70's and has been out of print. BUT the good news is....drum roll.... it's about to be re-released :)

This book changed my life, I had a roommate, whom is a Buhudist btw, who had the book. I honestly thought Allegro was off his rocker at first glance. but having then research the subject matter, Allegro was right!
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2009, 03:02
Mystic
"The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. It's such a great love story and a sci-fi for people who don't like the techie talk of typical sci-fis.

"Sunday's At Tiffany's" by James Patterson. Mostly because I love to believe in true love and this book has such a fantastical idea of love crossing any boundary.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends