Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
Email help
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2009, 15:52
canceroustears
Which website do you use as your email account?
(Like Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail etc.)

I have had my hotmail account for 6 years and it is comstantly being filled with spammers and junk.
Is there an email account place out there where this doesnt happen as frequently?

I have my email set up to my phone, so its annoying to get + 40 spam messages rung to my phone a day.
I heard that Gmail doesnt get as much spammers and junk as the other ones do.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2009, 19:00
international
Gmail! It's wonderfulness. I get some spam, but it all goes directly into the spam folder.

I think the trick with spam though is to not put your email on websites when asked for them, or have a separate email account for that purpose.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2009, 15:52
BeautifulBrownEyes
I love my gmail account. :D
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2009, 18:01
*Teddybear*blues*
I have both hotmail and gmail. I prefer my hotmail. It gets a lot less spam than my gmail.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2009, 18:11
Hayley McBayley
I have AOL, hotmail and gmail lol. With AOL and gmail I don't get hardly any spam a all. I like them all though!
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2009, 18:12
Hayley McBayley
I've just read my post back and I'm not sure if it makes sense lol. With hotmail I get loads more spam than I do with AOL and gmail lol
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2009, 19:51
foreverglow
I have a gmail account, and I love it. I do get spam, but as Bia said it goes directly to the spam folder.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2009, 20:56
canceroustears
I decided to try Gmail, and made an account. (:
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2009, 22:40
Lauren.
I have hotmail and gmail. I use my hotmail more as far as family members emailing me, my gmail started out just for close friends and I've kept it that way thus far. I like my gmail better (loads faster, easier to personalize, and LOTS of less spam), and like Bia stated, all the spam actually goes DIRECTLY to the spam folder.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Apr 2009, 05:08
Aiure
I have email accounts at Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo and Canada.com. They're all plagued with spam, naturally, but I've found Canada.com actually separates the spam a lot more effectively than the rest of them.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Apr 2009, 08:44
& skull.
my hotmail, though i never use it, actually does pretty well on catching junk. i prefer yahoo though. pretty good at catching junk too.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Apr 2009, 12:08
RealLifeComics
Im currently using a Yahoo one coz its connected to my Iphone. Its alright!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends