Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Dusty the cat updates?
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 17:32
« Krisstah »
Ive tried going through google about this and I have yet to find anything about it, mostly cause it might be removed due to the content of the situation.
But if anyone knows about this story, Does anyone know if the kid got charged as an adult? or if he is in jail?

---

For anyone unsure of what i am talking about it's this.

ANIMAL cruelty campaigners have called for an urgent investigation into shocking footage posted on YouTube of a cat being horrifically battered.

The sick video shows a balaclava-clad teen – self-styled as "The Animal Abuser" – bashing his pet cat Dusty senseless.

It lasts one minute 33 seconds and is so horrifying we have edited out the most graphic parts.

The clip – which has enraged pet protection charities – starts with a youth wearing a balaclava and pyjama bottoms saying: "Today's topic is animal abuse."

He then reveals: "My name is Timmy, but some people call me The Animal Abuser."

Seconds later the thug launches a frenzied attack on his cat by thumping its side on a tiled shower wall before punching, slapping and blasting it with water.

And as he's doing it he yells at the poor animal: "I hate you and you hate me."

Scores of viewers posted comments telling of their horror at what they'd seen – and some even tracked down a suspect and put his name and address online.

Today, The Sun tried to get hold of the teen they named and his parents, who are from New York, but they have not responded.

But anti-cruelty campaigners have reacted with disgust after seeing the video.

A spokeswoman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said: "The person in this video should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

"In addition to serving the maximum period of imprisonment, should be required to undergo a thorough psychological evaluation followed by mandatory counselling.

"The person should also be banned from owning animals in the future. Anyone with information about the identity of the person in the video is encouraged to contact authorities.

"We are very concerned about the cat in the video and will be closely following this case.”

YouTube have now removed the clip.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2241852.ece

----

I know that the cats are now in better care, but can't find any updates on what happened to this kid for what he did.

For anyone who clicks this link and see's the video, i did see the unedited version and with in 30 seconds i was balling my eyes out and couldn't stop. it was horrific.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Apr 2009, 02:36
lithium layouts.
What really gets to me is the wailing of the poor cat... I love animals. I don't see why anyone in their right mind would deem it necessary to inflict torture on them. I guess people aren't in their right mind when they do these things.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Apr 2009, 05:42
« Krisstah »
I hate videos like that when people do fucked things.. cause here we are, helpless behind the monitor of our own computer and even though its been over a month you just want to find that kitty and hug it.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 17:42
Kate.Monster
I couldn't even watch it after he first picked up the cat. I can't stand it.
This kid needs severe psychiatric help. That poor cat.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 17:48
Lauren.
That makes me sick to my stomach. I've never seen then video and I don't WANT to see it. Honestly, I'd hope they bash him on a tile wall, punch, slap, and blast him with water until he passed out.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 17:51
« Krisstah »
reading it cant even begin to scratch the surface of how bad it was..
I joined up with kenny-glenn.net (possibly .org) and signed their petition and posted a picture to their site of my cat and i.
I never cried so much over a video in my entire life.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 19:08
Villy
That made me cry.

I have to go cuddle my kitty now.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 21:54
~RedFraggle~
People who treat animals like that make me sick. There is also a clear link between kids that abuse animals and violence as adults. I'm really glad to hear the cat is safe now, but I hate to think how wary she will be of people now.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Apr 2009, 05:52
& skull.
the only place i heard about this was on encyclopedia dramatica, and they aren't exactly the best source.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Apr 2009, 05:53
« Krisstah »
I was invited to a facebook group which had a lot of info but nothing about the ending of the situation.
Only a video about the cats being adopted by other families soon and that they were doing okay.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Apr 2009, 06:00
& skull.
ED article. may or may not be helpful, but he was charged.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Apr 2009, 06:12
« Krisstah »
There certainly is a lot of uselessness inbetween the facts. Hopefully the truth about him being charged in true.
God i couldnt imagine being the parent of that kid.. honestly, i would be so torn between wanting to skin the kid alive and not wanting to because its my flash and blood.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Apr 2009, 06:12
« Krisstah »
..so many typos.

in = is

Flesh not Flash
0 likes [|reply]
13 Apr 2009, 07:17
& skull.
yeah that's why it's not the best source, lol. but i'm pretty sure he was actually charged.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends