Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Books
Page:  1  2 
Fave Young Adult books?
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2009, 23:54
boardwalkk
I recently got started reading a book a day. I read a lot, but I've never normally sat down and read a whole one in a day. Now I'm like a monster constantly feeding off books.
Any really good Young Adult/Teen or whatever books you've read? I just finished,
Wake by Laura McCann or something haha, and Raven by Allison Van Diepen, which was alright.

What're your faves?
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 02:51
.Ban.Ignorance.
All books by Ellen Hopkins (i think thats her name)
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 01:07
something amazing.
Crap... I thought this would be a slightly nostalgic. lol. I used to read those Lurene McDaniel books constantly when I was in middle school. Seriously... I think someone dies in every single one of her books in a horrible way. As for recent fiction... I have no idea. :) Yay for reading though!
0 likes [|reply]
4 Apr 2009, 17:45
theseeker
I used to read those too! And cry during every one! My parents were always asking me why I read them if they made me cry!?
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 01:12
Meghans Follie
james pattersen (or patterson cant find the book at the moment as Kianna's already in bed and I really dont want to wake her) has a new one out called "Max" that is supposed to be excellent. Kianna has been enjoying it very much, and the parts I got to read before she grabbed it and ran off with it seemed to be very entertaining and well written
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 01:26
Lauren.
Oh, I do love James Patterson. I've read his "Womens Murder Club" series at least twice, and I've heard that the Max ones are pretty good as well. I also enjoy any and all Nicholas Sparks books.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 13:33
Doc
Hella yea!!! I can't wait for the 8th book in the series to come out. :D
0 likes [|reply]
16 Apr 2009, 02:30
~alex
U have to read "When the wind blows" and "The lake house" and "Craddle and all" i think thats the tittle. The (in my opinion) best books ever written by him
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 04:52
omg it's jessica!
i read a ton of books last summer. one that was really short, that i read in a day and made me cry, Hanging Onto Max. i also loved the Luxe series.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 05:48
That.Darn.Miranda.
The Luxe series is REALLY good. It's by Anna Godbersen, I think.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 06:06
Tam I Am
Sara Zaar is really good.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 07:54
holdtehpickles
Arabat series by Clive Barker.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 16:58
-kay
Ummm...The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb. And anything by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. :]
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 00:01
Kelsey Lynn xox
a great trilogly is the uglies, pretties and speicals book by scott westerfeld are seriously amazing. it sounds weird, and i never thought i would be a science fiction nerd, but they are really great books.
i love anything by sarah dessen, and if you are looking for like teen books, the it girl series by cicely von zig-something or other and this one series called private is good too. :]
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 00:03
boardwalkk
thanks! ive always wanted to read the uglies series, but i wasn't sure if i'd like it. Is there romance? :P
And i LOVE Sarah Dessen, but still have some more of her books to read!
Also, just thought i'd say that i read the private series in the course of a week. (9 books!)
Haha, love them
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 22:59
Kelsey Lynn xox
yeahh, there is romance. they are realllly good. i didn't think i'd like them, and i actually got the first one from the library because it looked interesting, then never got into them. one day, i came across them again, and i read the first one and fell in love. they are amazing.
i recommend you try it, even if you don't like them afterwards. won't hurt to try!
0 likes [|reply]
4 Apr 2009, 16:06
thatsPEACHY ™
I absolutely love that series. (: Another REALLY good series by him is the Midnighters triology. They are amazing.

Did you end up reading the fourth to the Uglies series though?
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 22:59
Kelsey Lynn xox
yeahh, it was..interesting from what i remember. tally comes back for a few chapters, if i remember correctly.

nice read, wasn't as good as the first three though.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Apr 2009, 06:16
jane doe
The Uglies series (Its no longer a trilogy really, since Extras was published) is amazing. I read it in high school, and recently picked it up to read it again. It is a young adult book, and at 20 years old, I find it just as entertaining as I did at 15/16.

If you like fantasy, O.R. Melling has some amazing books as well. The Summer King and The Hunter's Moon are both fantastic. They're set in Ireland, and deal with magic and faeries. They're worth the read if you like that sort of book.

Simon Says by Alcott (Can't remember her first name) is very good, but an acquired taste. I loved it, but I know others who didn't so much.

James Patterson is awesome. I used to read his books back to back, but lately I've gotten away from them. His "Max Ride" books are spectacular. Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas makes me cry every single time.

Hmmm, what else. I used to read constantly in high school, so I really can't even remember all the books I've read lol.

Oh! The Three Sister's Island trilogy by Nora Roberts is a great trilogy as well.

And of course, Janet Evanovich. I'm not so sure I'd call her novels young adult, but I started reading them at 16, I think and I absolutely loved them. If it has the character Stephanie Plum in it, its guaranteed to be fantastic. I laugh out loud at least a few times with every novel. There are 15 books in the Plum series, I think. You don't necessarily have to start with the first one, but it definitely helps.

Happy Reading!
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 00:10
StaRRyEyDSupRiz
Ginger Bread series by Rachel Cohn (written before nick and norah even existed.)
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
uuuhmm..... lovely bones is good :D
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 02:25
Mami 2 ♥ 1
teen books...i loved sister hood of the traveling pants and read the whole series in like 1 week. I also loved books like go ask alice, speak, a child called it. james patterson's a suzannes diary to nicholas was really good too.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 22:16
His Brown Eyed Girl
i read go ask alice and a child called it. the book a child called it is soo sad. it's sad to believe his mother treated him that way compared to his brothers.
i don't remember to much about go ask alice though.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 08:29
fairytale.princess
Junk by Melvin Burgess - loved that book!
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 10:00
& skull.
all of john mardens books. he did the "tomorrow, when the war began" series. i think "so much to tell you" was my favourite of his.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 18:54
onalevel
Not technically young adult, but anything by Jodi Piccoult is good. Love her books.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends