Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
UPDATE: Alfie the 13 Year old Father
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2009, 21:53
KerriBlue
A boy who believed he'd impregnated his girlfriend at the age of 12 has been proven not to be a father by a DNA test.

Alfie Patten, now 13, took the test after six other teenagers came forward to claim they had also slept with Chantelle Steadman, the 15-year-old who gave birth to baby Maisie Roxanne last month.

The Daily Mirror reports the test has proven the infant is not Alfie's — a finding that is likely to leave the boy devastated.

"I didn’t know about DNA tests before but mum explained it's when they do a swab in your mouth and it tells if you're the dad," he was quoted as saying before undergoing the test.

"So if I have it, they can all shut up."

"It had not even crossed Alfie’s mind whether Chantelle had not been faithful to him," his mother Nicole said.

"He’s absolutely devastated that these lads say they slept with her."

Since the birth, Alfie has been a doting father who can’t bear to be separated from his daughter, welfare workers say.

Matters were complicated when Tyler Barker, 14, and Richard Goodsell, 16, came forward with claims they had also slept with Chantelle and could have fathered the baby.

Since then, four more boys claiming they had slept with Chantelle have also come forward.

And a family friend has previously alleged Alfie was a victim of a scam devised by his girlfriend's mother to cash in on publicity surrounding the young parents.

Teen mum Chantelle Steadman's mother told her 15-year-old daughter to say Alfie Patten was the father of Maisie Roxanne, according to Clive Sim.

He claims Penny Steadman had told her daughter Chantelle to keep quiet about other boys she had slept with because "she knew Alfie being the dad makes a better story".

"I think there's a big scam going on here" he was quoted by the Daily Mail as saying.

Both Chantelle's and Alfie's parents are thought to have already earned thousands of dollars in media deals since The Sun broke the story.

Source: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/793968/dna-test-proves-alfie-13-is-not-a-dad
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2009, 00:06
Acid Fairy
I KNEW IT!!

It was obvious she was a slag, they only said he was the dad to sell the story.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2009, 03:34
Makayla
Why is this in the news? I mean it's crazy how young they are, but this thing happens all the time.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2009, 22:02
brooke !
i read about this. that's sad, he seemed like he honest-to-god loved that baby. i hope they actually find the father and make him help out, then.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2009, 22:10
lady bri.
I'm so confused. I really thought that the results were to be kept private!

Either way- This is very sad! That little boy believes he is the father. He cares for his "daughter". So, what now? They're just going to take her away from him???
I understand that maybe he's not "qualified" to be a father. But he's doing his best, and everyone can see that he cares for and loves that little girl!!
Are any of the other boys going to step up like Alfie? Probably not!
Scam or not, they should have left it alone!!
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2009, 23:50
~*Shannon*~
Whether the judge orders the results to be private doesn't matter if the family leaves the courthouse and opens their mouth. Unless the judge orders a gag order, they can talk about it all they want. From what I understand, his judgment only means that people can't access the files.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2009, 22:55
jodi
i disagree, bri. it doesn't matter how much he loves the little girl. you're right, he's not qualified and i'm really happy he's not the father. he can wait until he's older to father a child - when he is mature and understands. even if he IS doing his best, he's clearly not old enough. and he could end up hurting the child because he doesn't know about parenting...he was confused on the whole testing bit. it's just not right. he's a kid himself.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2009, 01:15
lady bri.
I understand that, but if we're going to go by those standards alone then none of them are old enough and the child should just be put up for adoption.

All I'm saying is that he has stepped up. More than the others will probably do.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2009, 01:19
jodi
the child should be put up for adoption. obvs the girl's mother isn't able to parent, so she can't do it.. :/ :[
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2009, 01:23
lady bri.
I just don't understand why everything is being put on Alfie. That girl is only 15! Why isn't she in the press? And how much does she know about babies? You're right, If her mother were any kind of parent then her 15 y/o wouldn't have had a baby to begin with. So why should this child be brought into all of this? Sometimes adoption is the answer!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2009, 01:47
jodi
i don't understand either. she's the one giving her body to multiple people at such a young age. personally, i was just talking about him because he is the one in this particular thread that is the main focus. i feel bad for the baby.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2009, 01:59
lady bri.
I do too! It's a sad situation! :[
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2009, 22:55
jodi
i disagree, bri. it doesn't matter how much he loves the little girl. you're right, he's not qualified and i'm really happy he's not the father. he can wait until he's older to father a child - when he is mature and understands. even if he IS doing his best, he's clearly not old enough. and he could end up hurting the child because he doesn't know about parenting...he was confused on the whole testing bit. it's just not right. he's a kid himself.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2009, 22:56
jodi
WHAT THE FUCK. BLOOP ALWAYS DOUBLE POSTS MY POSTS! ARGH.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2009, 23:10
.Blue Bella.
This is such a sad situation because I don't think that Alfie is old enough to understand these results either... The whole situation is goin to mess him up. Kudos to him for loving the baby and wanting to be there for her when he was of the belief she was his baby... but I'm glad for him that he can have his life now and grow up himself... I think people having kids that age is stupid, and I think parents who allow it have a lot to answer for... Especially when things like this happen... he is young enough that he'll have grown a strong attachment to that baby and won't understand why exactly it is that is being taken away from him.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends