Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Television
Page:  1  2 
Favourite TV Shows
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 05:07
Aiure
Mad Men is incredibly well done, I agree. And Alias is definitely high on my list of favourite shows. I used to have all night Alias marathons a few years back. My friends and I used to time the intro scenes; how long before the starting credits would run. I remember one of the longest being about 15 minutes lol
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 07:12
valerieeeee
LOVE scrubs. do you watch the new season? Dr. Cox was insulting JD, then it cut to Jack (dr. cox's son) saying, "you're one ugly baby, janice!" and showed JD's baby crying. "You taught him to be mean?!" "only to your son."

;-D it was amazing. ugh you have to watch it, i probably butchered it.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 19:44
starsmaycollide
hahaha, that's great. i like the new season so far :)
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 11:53
~RedFraggle~
I just about cried when I saw the end of last week's ER (I watched it last night). I can't wait to see where they're going to take the story. I really think this has been on of the best seasons in it's 15 years.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 12:58
starsmaycollide
I know!! I'm depressed about Michael Crichton and the fact that it will be gone forever. :( I agree, these are some of the best written episodes in ages.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 11:56
~RedFraggle~
I do love Scrubs too. I think people who work in hospitals have an added appreciation for it too as a lot of the hospital politics they get absolutely spot on. There's definitely a few 'in jokes' in there which only doctors and nurses etc would really get. My best example is the one where Elliot has to beg for a CT scan for her patient. Radiologists REALLY are that possesive about their machines, and they can be pretty childish about it. Although I've never resorted to Elliot's method to get them to do a scan for me!
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 13:00
international
I do enjoy Mad Men too! Not many people seem to know it...
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 04:18
starsmaycollide
oh! and Seinfeld-the show about things people really talk about, that they did not think anyone would actually talk about on TV. ;-D
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 05:42
Minda Hey Hey™
The lady with 'man-hands' cracked me up. Oh and Kramer with his pet rooster...I could go on! Lol.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 12:59
starsmaycollide
oh, I loved man hands. Also the Soup Nazi (I met him in NYC for real! His soup is good!) and 'Master of your Domain.' ;-D T
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 13:33
Minda Hey Hey™
I totally forgot about the Soup Nazi! I didn't even realize there was a real one lol. I can't remember what he used to yell. Something, "You don't like my soup. GET OUT, GET OUT!" I'm sure I'm way off ;-D.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 19:45
starsmaycollide
it was 'no soup for you!!'
hahaha.
yeah, it was based on a real soup place in NYC. After the episode the guy was famous. it was on his sign for the place and everything. and he really was grouchy. lol.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 04:20
starsmaycollide
Okay last time- The Daily Show and the Colbert Report, because I couldn't have survived recent years without them ;-D
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 04:35
jodi
i love m*a*s*h. i grew up with it and i think it's hilarious.

i also love the office [american version] because it's hilarious - it's that simple. i love every episode. awesome.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 04:35
jodi
i don't watch tv anymore, though. :[[[ i watch the office online.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 06:30
Villy
Back in the day I watched Stargate SG-1 religiously. I still love it, but as for shows that are currently on, the ones I can't miss are House and NCIS.

I'm rather fond of Law and Order: SVU as well, but its something I watch if I'm bored. I don't go out of my way to see it.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 07:14
valerieeeee
I really like Law and Order: SVU. I think it's always really interesting and exciting.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 11:51
~RedFraggle~
Best EVER? OK, in this order:

1. ER (even now, still amazingly written. Made me decide I wanted to be a doctor when I was just 13 too ;D)
2. Friends
3. Buffy (never been a show like it since. Absolutely brilliant writing)
4. Lost
5. Scrubs (the first few seasons, when they were still new doctors. It's not as good now)
6. Sex and the City
7. Brothers and Sisters
8. House
9. Ally McBeal (the first few seasons before they lost the best characters)
10. 24
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 13:03
international
Oh Sex and the City, yes!

See, that's why I just stuck to mentioning Friends, because I knew if I made a list I'd forget a few I love!

Ally McBeal was awesome too for a while. And I enjoyed Buffy too.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 14:05
Let It Be
My favorite show of all time is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, because it's just absolutely hilarious. The characters are a bunch of selfish assholes that you can't help but love, Danny Divito's character totally makes the show. I'm super sad that season 4 ended so quickly, but you can watch all the episodes on Hulu.

I also just started watching Weeds and I really like that too, because it's about a drug dealin' Suburban mom and it's really dramatic but it's also pretty funny. Unfortunately I don't have Showtime so after I finish watching Season 3 on DVD I'll have to wait forever to watch Season 4, which I believe is airing this summer.

I used to love Nip/Tuck but I can't stand it anymore, it's turned into a soap opera. The first few seasons were good though.

I also love watching Mike & Mike in the morning on ESPN....only because my boyfriend is a sports addict, but those guys are just hilarious, I don't even mind watching ESPN if they're on :-p

I'm also very found of John and Kate Plus 8 ;D it's just such a cute show.

South Park and Family Guy are favorites too, for the obvious reasons :-p. Apparently I like funny TV shows lol.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 14:13
Mami 2 ♥ 1
1. general hospital- literally have been watchin it all my life and still love it.
2. greys anatomy
3. dancing w/ the stars
4.sex and the city
5. gilmore girls
6. one tree hill
7. Monk
8. friends
9. will & grace
10. house

0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 14:21
Doc
Dexter. I love my Dexter!!!!
House.
Burn Notice.
In Plain Sight.

Before they canceled them... Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis. Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Ally McBeal.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Feb 2009, 14:23
Doc
Oh yea... left off the reasons I like them. Because.... I LIKE THEM! :P
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends