[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Sports
Page:  1 
A-Rod and Steroids.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Feb 2009, 17:10
omg it's jessica!
What do y'all think?

I don't care that he "manned up" and admitted, like Curt Schilling is praising. It's a nice change from Giambi, Bonds, and Clemens, but it doesn't make what he did any less despicable.

He say she used from 2001-2003. He claims to have been young and naive, when he'd been in the game for eight years!

What do you think of him admitting it?
What do you think this does to him, personally and publically?
Do you want him to keep up his chase for the home run title?
...If he GOT the home run title, would you put an asterisk next to it like we do Barry Bonds'?
Do you respect him as a player, or have you ever?

I'm infuriated - he lied to us all, he tainted yet another decade of baseball. I am not a Yankees fan by any stretch, but I was looking to him to lead MLB out of the steroid era, and instead...this happens.

Also: Do you think the other 103 players' names on that "confidential list" should be released to the public? I find it unfair that we're singling him out. I want to know who else was/is doing this!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2009, 05:24
Mami 2 ♥ 1
i think the others should be out'd. but i am not one to judge that sexy fine as hell A-Rod. I think "manning up" was noble. But no he gets what he deserves. You reap what you sew. (Sp?)
0 likes [|reply]
10 Feb 2009, 17:11
omg it's jessica!
He says he***
0 likes [|reply]
10 Feb 2009, 17:40
starsmaycollide
the others should be outed. it's sad for the whole league, it's crap, and we need to weed this people out.
and absolutely, anything the man does has an asterisk next to it now. we'll never know when what he did was influenced by drugs. it sucks. :(
0 likes [|reply]
10 Feb 2009, 18:00
omg it's jessica!
I agree. On the topic of not knowing what all he did and when, then, do you think there may be merit to the rumors that he was tipped off before the 2004 season about the testings, or that he just sopped jucing because he was going to NY? I'd think if he really wanted to keep afloat in NY, he'd have either kept juicing when he got there at the same or much higher amounts! It doesn't make sense, now that I think about it that way!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Feb 2009, 23:18
Music God CJ Plain
Personally, I've ALWAYS thought A-Rod was a 'Roid Baby. It doesn't surprise me in the least. And yes, I absolutely think they SHOULD publish the list of the other players that have tested positive. And I think they should do it in ALL sports...NOT just the Major Leagues. I also believe it should lead to a permanent ban from all pro sports as well. If you can't play fair, then you don't deserve to play the game, in my opinion.

And yeah, I also believe the commissioner and his people were tipping people off, for the most part.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2009, 04:52
omg it's jessica!
That's like what Lance Berkman said - he plays fairly, and it's extremely unfair for the honest guys to play against players who are cheating. I'm a little iffy on the lifetime ban thing. Maybe a certainty that they'll never make the HOF.

Going on what Jenna said below this post, do you think they should be punished? Or is it too late? I'm thinking since it was supposed to be completely confidential and there was no punishment in place at the time that these specific users can't be punished...but their records sure as hell need an asterisk.

On that - do you all think there should be a "time limit" for the punishment given to the players?
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2009, 04:43
Jenna bean....
My thing is, werent they tested???? and if so, who else will get in major trouble for lying about the results.... but atleast he manned up and said yeah, i did years ago... instead of like, getting caught on a test recently... it takes ALOT of balls to say, yeah i did 5 years ago......

yes, he should still be punished with whatever they will do to him, but so should others for helping him cover it up... and didnt his coach notice?!?!?!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2009, 04:48
omg it's jessica!
At the time of the test, it was to be completely random and confidential. No one was ever supposed to know the results, outside of the players union. There were also no punishments for players using steroids at the time. If he did it correctly, which it appears so, it wouldn't be completely noticeable; i.e., Bonds or Clemens' physical changes or "roid rages." I'm not defending him, I wish he'd get some sort of reprimand other than an "drugs are bad, mmkay?". Just to clarify. lol
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2009, 04:56
Jenna bean....
Yeah. they def need to reprimand whoever used during whatever time period they used.... so kids know they will get introuble for doing stuff they shouldnt.... Thats stupid it was random and confidential. If they were using, they should have been outted. Hopefully they will learn now. Thanks for the clarifications.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2009, 13:49
Let It Be
I am so tired of the steroids issues and of individual players being outed. All players names should have been kept confidential like it was promised they would. The fact that there are 104 names on that list, and probably soooo many more players who've taken steroids, shows that there is a problem IN MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL with steroids, it's not any individual player's problem. The entire LEAGUE needs to take steps so this stops. You can tell that every player WANTS to say it but can't....'everyone was doing it'. The rules were loose, trainers and others were probably encouraging usage, etc. I just hate that over one hundred people can be accused of the same thing, but only the super star is made into a huge deal. I seriously cannot wait for this shit to be over. The people who were giving these players steroids and encouraging the usage are just as at fault. You know they want their players to preform well just as much as the players want to preform well. This whole thing has really hurt the game of baseball...and I think making it all public only makes it worse. Kept it private, solve it, and be done with it. We're probably going to face the same exact thing in every other sport before long...

I was surprised how A-Rod handled himself...I have a love/hate relationship with him and currently I hate him, but I think he did handle this very well. I knew he lied in the Katie Kouric (sp?) interview because his lip twitched right after he said he'd never done steroids lol. I thought he gave a good confession interview...he might have been in the league for 8 years by then but that doesn't mean he wasn't naive or taking advice from people who he thought knew more than him. He did seem sorry. I highly doubt any player is going to want to take illegal substances after seeing all the bullshit A Rod, Clemens, Giambi, and everyone else has had to go through. I'm just glad he didn't try to bullshit his way out of it like Clemens did. Baseball needs to start testing every player, every season, and punish those who fail...but I don't see any point in punishing a player for something that they were tested for years ago and weren't punished for at the time. Ug, damn you greedy overpaid athletes.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2009, 13:55
Let It Be
Oh, and I disagree with the people who think that 'we can never know if what he did was his own performance' we don't even know how much of an impact steroids has on a persons playing ability, and if the sport would test their players than we would KNOW that they aren't on anything. I think players would be smart to volunteer to prove that their clean. I don't think being accused for it once, for a specific time period, warrants a permanent asterisk.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends