Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Television
Page:  1 
Managing!
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2012, 19:29
Kelsey Lynn xox
Hey guys. I've been helping work on a project for about the past month and a half. I'm a story editor for this new show that a group of my friends have been working on for a little over a year. It's a group of people made up of University of Michigan alums and current students. We're trying to raise money for the pilot episode. We're currently running auditions for some of the smaller parts, we have all the equipment and the drive, we just need financial support. This is where you come in. If you can't donate, that's fine, we need to spread the word and have people watch the pilot when it comes out! But any little bit of money will help.

The story is about four main characters, trying to come to terms with their life after they graduate college. A lot of shows deal with this issue - think "New Girl" or "Friends" - but, unlike these shows, that show the characters as "already making it" (they have nice jobs, fancy apartments in the big city, etc), Managing is about a group of adults who haven't made it..who are still suck in suburbia hell, just trying to get by..a reality that many of us are facing today. What happens when you graduate college with a degree, but haven't found yourself in the process?

Here's the kickstarter link. Watch the video, share! We have just under 11 days to raise around $1,600 dollars. Any amount would be awesome! Like I said, I'm a story editor, so I've read the most up-to-date versions of the script and I laugh every time. Thanks for your time!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/529981397/shift-happens-pilot-episode
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2012, 21:43
~Aiure
That looks awesome! Might just be the kick in the pants sitcoms need. A familiar subject from a completely different, relatable angle. I can't commit any money myself.... D: However, I'll share it on facebook and tumblr and hopefully help keep the ball rolling. You're well on your way, at least. I'm glad you've been doing so well thus far! :)
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2012, 00:59
Kelsey Lynn xox
Thanks so much! I'm really excited about this project, actually. And thanks for sharing :) Always appreciated.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends