Post the first sentence of the book you are curr
0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2009, 19:42
Estella
And then state the author and title.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2009, 19:45
*~Loving You~*
im a sap for pysch books on relationships i dont know why "the five love languages" by gary chapman

0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2009, 19:57
[mandie knickers]
Dominick Corvasis went to sleep under a light wool blanket and a crisp white sheet, sprawled alone in his bed, but he woke elsewhere-in the darkness at the back of the large foyer closet, behind concealing coats and jackets.

Strangers by Dean Koontz.

It's a re-read of course, but I love it. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2009, 19:48
Estella
OH GOSH, YO. NAUGHTY BLOOP CUT OFF THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD! LET ME REWRITE IT HERE, YO:

POST THE FIRST SENTENCE OF THE BOOK YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING. (AND THEN STATE THE AUTHOR AND TITLE).
0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2009, 20:11
*~Loving You~*
OH ok lemme re do it

at 30,000 feet, somewhere between Buffalo and Dallas, he put his magazine in his seat pocket, turned in my direction, and asked, "what kind of work do you do?"
"the five love languages" by gary chapman
0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2009, 20:08
ღPhoenix
An alarm clock clanged in the dark and silent room - "Native Son" by Richard Wright
0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2009, 20:14
Chloe
"Let me guess. You want to know why I tried to kill myself."

"For One More Day" by Mitch Albom
0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2009, 22:02
Aiure
Swallows darted through the clouds of midges dancing over the mudflats.
Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson.
Nearly 1200 pages of epic fantastical awesomeness. :P
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 00:00
Lauren.
"Deputy Keith Clayton hadn't heard them approach, and up close, he didn't like the looks of them any more than he had the first time he'd seen them."
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 00:10
Kelly
"Tyler gets me a job as a waiter, after that Tyler's pushing a gun in my mouth and saying, the first step to eternal life is you have to die."

Fight Club, baby. By Chuck "god" Palahniuk.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 00:47
entertainer
"Norton threw down his knapsack and scooped up a double handful of water."
Bearing an Hourglass
Piers Anthony
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 01:17
Mnemosyne
"They say that the prospect of being hanged in the morning concentrates a man's mind wonderfully; unfortunately, what the mind inevitably concentrates on is that, in the morning, it will be in a body that is going to be hanged." Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun." So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish by Douglas Adams

(I've been jumping between these two books when I don't want to lug this huge compilation of Douglas Adams stories around...)
0 likes [|reply]
8 Feb 2009, 19:26
Kate.Monster
I loved Going Postal. Awesome book. Making Money is definitely not as good though.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Feb 2009, 20:31
Super Logica
ooo, i love both those books!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 02:56
Amber Rae
"Burn this book. Go on. Quickly, while there's still time. Burn it. Don't look at another word. Did you hear me? Not. One. More. Word."
Mister B. Gone by Clive Barker
i know it said first sentence but i love the opening paragraph.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 07:07
kein mitleid
Abandon all hope ye who enter here is scrawled in blood red lettering on the side of the Chemical Bank near the corner of Eleventh and First and is in print large enough to be seen from the backseat of the cab as it lurches forward in the traffic leaving Wall Street and just as Timothy Price notices the words a bus pulls up, the advertisement for Les Misèrables on its side blocking his view, but Price who is with Pierce & Pierce and twenty-six doesn't seem to care because he tells the driver he will give him five dollars to turn up the radio, "Be My Baby" on WYNN, and the driver, black, not American, does so.

I'm going to leave this one a mystery, but most people can guess and/or figure it out...
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 07:08
kein mitleid
Crap, that got screwed up with the italics.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here is scrawled in blood red lettering on the side of the Chemical Bank near the corner of Eleventh and First and is in print large enough to be seen from the backseat of the cab as it lurches forward in the traffic leaving Wall Street and just as Timothy Price notices the words a bus pulls up, the advertisement for Les Misèrables on its side blocking his view, but Price who is with Pierce & Pierce and twenty-six doesn't seem to care because he tells the driver he will give him five dollars to turn up the radio, "Be My Baby" on WYNN, and the driver, black, not American, does so.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 13:51
Doc
This sounds like American Psycho. :)
0 likes [|reply]
6 Feb 2009, 20:38
kein mitleid
You are correct, sir!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 11:12
grandlinegirl
Rachel clutched her doll tighter to her chest and stared at the dark thing watching her from the bushes.

Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind (Sword of Truth series)
0 likes [|reply]
6 Feb 2009, 20:33
starsmaycollide
my husband loves that series. I haven't tried it yet...
0 likes [|reply]
7 Feb 2009, 02:50
grandlinegirl
It's really good. I'm totally addicted. The tv show is good too, but it doesn't really follow the book very much.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 13:25
malaika
'I write this sitting in the kitchen sink.'

Dodie Smith, 'I Capture The Castle.'
0 likes [|reply]
15 Feb 2009, 20:32
Super Logica
oooo, that is my favourite book ever!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 13:48
Doc
On a very hot day in August of 1994, my wife told me she was going down to the Derry Rite Aid to pick up a refill on her sinus medicine prescription--- this is stuff you can buy over the counter these days, I believe.

Bag of Bones - Stephen King
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends