Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Movies
Page:  1  2 
Top 5.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2011, 17:05
*Forever Changing*
If you met a caveman/woman...what are the top 5 movies you would make him/her watch...basically what are 5 movies you think everyone should see?
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2011, 17:23
Music God CJ Plain
My List would be:

What's Eating Gilbert Grape
The Crow
Full Metal Jacket
Once Were Warriors
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2011, 17:39
*Forever Changing*
@Music God...thanks...I have only watched What's Eating Gilbert Grape from that list...:)
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2011, 18:07
Music God CJ Plain
@Forever: The Crow is amazing. Once Were Warriors is a foreign movie from New Zealand about a Maori family. I definitely think you would relate to it A LOT from what I've read in your entries. And Bill & Ted is just a silly, fun movie from the 80's...one of the earlier Keanu Reeve's movies.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Oct 2011, 01:41
Meghans Follie
LOVE the Crow, the follow ups to it sucked.. no one could recapture the way Brandon Lee played erik/the crow. Once were warriors I am going to have to look for... my father was half Maori
0 likes [|reply]
14 Oct 2011, 02:16
Music God CJ Plain
@Meghans Follie: It's a brilliant movie but it's VERY brutal and definitely NOT something you want young children seeing. It has some pretty brutal domestic violence and rape scenes in it.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2011, 21:20
The Crafting Wife
1. 13th Ghost
2. Cruel Intentions
3. Legally Blonde
4. Fire Proof
5. Lion King
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2011, 19:15
True
Mr. Nobody
A Beautiful Mind
Titanic (don't judge me) :D
Stand By Me
Braveheart
Big Fish
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2011, 19:47
starsmaycollide
in no particular order:

1) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
2) Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
3) Slumdog Millionaire
4) Memento
5) Casablanca
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2011, 22:44
True
"1) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" Loved it!!! :)
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2011, 17:42
~RedFraggle~
1) Lord of the Rings (OK, technically three movies)
2) Back to the Future
3) Harry Potter (yeah, I know, 8 movies...)
4) Love Actually
5) Eternal Sunshine
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2011, 18:13
Estella
Well, a cave person might have to watch something like Mork and Mindy first, to be introduced to how the modern world works! Otherwise movies are likely to be way too confusing to follow!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2011, 18:44
Music God CJ Plain
@ Lady Puck: Look at you going all Old School 80's with the Mork and Mindy reference! KUDOS!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2011, 19:14
Estella
Haha - I am old skool! I used to watch Mork and Mindy all the time back in the day! ;D I'm not in with today's popular culture, being the Bloop fogey that I am, so that's the most recent 'explaining life to an alien' show that I know of! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2011, 19:44
*Forever Changing*
I have actually watched Mork and Mindy....people used to make references to it all the time because of my nickname so I had to watch it so I understood them HAHA. And @RedFraggle...thanks...the only ones I have watched on your list are the Harry Potter ones :)
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2011, 21:20
Music God CJ Plain
@Puck: That's awesome! I miss all the old shows like Mork & Mindy, Grizzley Adams, BJ & The Bear, Punky Brewster, Mr. Belvadere...

Those were the days!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2011, 23:39
Kayra+2♥
1. Moulin Rouge
2. Hannibal Rising
3. Cowboys & Aliens
4. The Breakfast Club
5. E.T.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2011, 15:06
Beautiful Lies
1. Taxi Driver
2. The Crow
3. All That Jazz
4. Pulp Fiction
5. House of 1,000 Corpses

These are in no particular order (except for the 1st, everyone NEEDS to see Taxi Driver. It's AMAZING.) and if by chance there was a number 6 on the list it would be Shawshank Redemption. :)
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2011, 16:18
foreverglow
1. The Crow
2. The Lion King
3. Remember Me
4. Tangled
5. Zombieland
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2011, 17:17
Giggle
1. The Green Mile
2. Artificial Intelligence
3. Hitch
4. Moulin Rouge
5. The sixth sense
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2011, 23:00
Jessica
1. The Godfather Movies
2. Dirty Dancing
3. My favorite tearjerkers: Titanic, The Notebook and A Walk To Remember
4. Goodfellas (/drool Ray Liotta)
6. Disney movies (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and The Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Cinderella, The Lion King... it seriously just goes on and on ;D)

So I may have cheated a little bit, but I could go on and on with movies I love :)
0 likes [|reply]
12 Oct 2011, 23:30
Bellatrix Lestrange
@ Jellyka ;

Another amazing Disney film classic is Hunchback of Notre-Dame.
It's my absolute favourite along with The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin -- and Pocahontas =)
0 likes [|reply]
13 Oct 2011, 00:22
Jessica
@lady severus snape: I've never been too fond of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It's not a bad movie, but it's never been one of my go-to Disney movies. I definitely agree on The Little Mermaid, The Lion King and Aladdin. Pocahontas is good as well, but it's not a favorite of mine ;D

I love my Beauty and the Beast :)
0 likes [|reply]
13 Oct 2011, 08:15
Bellatrix Lestrange
@ Jellyka ;

I love the Hunchback of Notre Dame mainly because of Esmeralda {the Gypsy}. I used to rewind + fast-forward a lot to see her scenes because she's seriously an awesome character! =) Also, Frollo {the villain} is an epic villain -- and he's beyond perverted. But, tbh, no one can beat the villain-awesomess of Scar from TLK. He will always be my absolute favourite villain ^_^

Pocahontas is great -- I love her story in general. And you know the film 'Avatar', that reminds me of Pocahontas, too. The whole thing where a completely foreign person goes into another land and learns the ways of the natives from that land. Well, despite that Pocahontas is set on Earth and Avatar in Pandora, there seems to be quite a few similarities.

Beauty and the Beast is amazing + beautiful. I can't believe I forgot to mention that in my list of Disney favourites! Le gasp! I just found my Beauty and the Beast DVD {I think it's a gold edition or something -- it's a very big DVD case, ha ha} and I really want to watch it right now. Lol. Btw, Gaston is such a jerk -- and the freaky thing is that I've actually known someone who was just like him. Yuck. LOL.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Oct 2011, 02:20
~Aiure
In no particular order:

American History X
Reservoir Dogs
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
Apocalypse Now
Run Lola Run
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends