[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Gaming
Page:  1  2 
Favorite Games
0 likes [|reply]
3 Feb 2009, 14:13
CWB
Both right now and of all time.

I'm back into playing World of WarCraft lately after a few months out. I've also been playing a fair bit of Fallout 3 and Lord of the Rings Online. The latter would take up all of my time if I had friends or family on it - but they're all addicted to WoW.

In the past... so many great games. The Escape Velocity game (the first) by Ambrosia for Apple consumed me for a year or two. Myth and Myth II by Bungie. Hell, Marathon and Marathon 2 from them as well. Awesome game-makers. I like Halo too, but it's not a patch on their earlier stuff before they sold out to big daddy Microsoft.

Neverwinter Nights 2 was a blast, but not as good as Planescape Torment. That game will forever rock my world, even if it doesn't have much replay value.

On consoles... I had a stunted upbringing in that regard. The first console we had in our house was an N64 when I was sixteen or so. World Cup Soccer 98 still stands out as the best football game I've played.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Feb 2009, 15:20
Doc
I have been a World of Warcraft junkie since it came out. Haven't really tried anything else far as MMORPGs go.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Feb 2009, 15:22
CWB
What realm are you on? Or are you a European gamer and thus inaccessible to us Oceanic/American players?

LOTR is different. It's definitely not a WoW clone, which I like about it. Plus, it's kind of fun to run around in the world of Lord of the Rings.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Feb 2009, 15:24
Doc
I am on Drak'Thul, a central time zone PvP server. I couldn't play on a European server is I wanted to. heh... I live in Houtson.

0 likes [|reply]
3 Feb 2009, 17:34
Mnemosyne
Planescape Torment!! I love that game. I honestly think it's my favorite game for the PC, even though it's really, really old. (...electronics wise...) Usually no one knows what I'm talking about. ;D

But I like games with a good storyline, not just games where you shoot things (though Halo is addicting). So I get rather addicted to games like Morrowind or Neverwinter Nights. I'm also just plain super dorky.

I'm SO behind on the games, though. Too poor. The most recent game I have is Fable II, but I haven't even hooked up my 360 yet (a present from my wonderful brother). Can you believe that college actually gets in the way?!

(I personally don't like MMORPGs because I don't like associating with other people. :P)

I grew up playing SNES, so Zelda will always have a place in my heart. :P
And I'm totally not going to lie: I love Monkey Island. That and Loom were the very first computer games I ever played. And Indiana Jones, too. They're AWESOME.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Feb 2009, 22:32
Chèvre noble
Monkey Island is prob one of my fav games ever.. Along with Sam and Max hit the road, Day of the Tentacle, Beneath a Steel sky... oh such oldies now.

Loving RPGs. Fallout 3, all the Zelda's, Knights of the old Republic (1&2)
Never been a fan of shooters, but I'm kicking ass on Left for Dead.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Feb 2009, 23:21
Mnemosyne
I haven't played the second, but I loved the first Knights of the Old Republic. Very fun.
I've heard a lot of good stuff about Fallout 3, but I've never played it.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2009, 00:08
Chèvre noble
I cant decide which one of the KOTOR ones I like best, though second one has better gameplay. Heard a 3rd one is coming out, WOW style (MMORPG? don't know the terms.... I've never played WoW), which is a pity because it wont come out on 360.

Fall out 3 is prob best RPG I've played in a while, there's SO much to do in it. Plus I love the ones that you can make your own character, this one you can go as far as changing characters face to look just like yours. You can choose to be male or female too. Has the same be good or evil theme like KOTOR.

0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2009, 22:36
RealLifeComics
Was Myth that game were you had like an army against the undead? I think I've played the first one, has like humans, dwarves and beserkers? redheaded viking looking dudes. Was a cool game indeed!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 02:42
CWB
Yep, that was the one. No resource collecting, an awesome dark storyline. The sequel was pretty awesome, but then Bungie got bought by Microsoft and gave the Myth Rights to Take Two. They rushed out a prequel, answered every unanswered question from the first two, and killed the franchise.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 03:53
RealLifeComics
I think Ill have to try out the second one just for shits and giggles.

Oh Carmageddon!! now there was a classic!!!

"IWASINTHEWAR!" *runs over granny*
0 likes [|reply]
5 Feb 2009, 04:02
CWB
It was pretty sweet. I still play it occasionally.

Carmageddon and American McGee's Alice were my college addictions. They were both awesome after a rough day.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Feb 2009, 18:03
chelseaz
I'm not much of a gamer. But I've been all about Zelda lately :]
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2012, 20:36
Jessica
I've had a friend get me addicted to League of Legends. It's free, so it was right up my alley!

Graphics aren't fantastic, but it's apparently really popular (at least according to Wiki). ;D
0 likes [|reply]
3 Feb 2009, 19:54
Aiure
I love World of Goo. I'm addicted to it. I had to cancel my WoW and Warhammer accounts because of lack of funds, so World of Goo passes the time :P

All time favourites:
Final Fantasy (entire series, though 11 was less than stellar simply because it was online)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mortal Kombat 3
Gran Turismo series
Fallout series
Heroes Chronicles series
Starcraft
Warcraft series (WoW included)
Warhammer series (as well as the 40k series)
Breath of Fire series

...I could go on. There's a lot.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Feb 2009, 23:58
Acid Fairy
I'm a Sims lover. Haha the original 'non-gamer'. Although I used to LOVE Unreal Tournament back when I was about 15 ;D

I just found out that The Sims 3 has been delayed until June. Not happy, since they only announced it today, seventeen days before the original release date. Bad marketing, or what?!

I also love Guitar Hero. I rock at it on the DS, since the buttons are much closer together. I am terrible at it on the PS2, but I try!

I have tried WOW but never got into it. I think they need a serious in depth tutorial, as when I tried it I didn't know what the hell I was doing! Haha. Plus I'd never pay a monthly subscription to play a game.

And omg, I remember my dad playing Monkey Island on our very first computer. We had a black and white monitor and everything! Gosh, I must have only been about 4/5. I used to try and play and my dad would get frustrated that I couldn't double click fast enough ;D
0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2009, 18:51
CWB
Monkey Island was bad-ass. Probably my first real gaming addiction. I remember visiting my Dad's school and playing it during lunch breaks and such. Loved the bit where you had to formulate insults to win 'duels'.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2009, 22:33
RealLifeComics
They should definately continue the series! so no one remembers Sam and Max!!?
and you can't forget ... LEMMINGS!!!
0 likes [|reply]
16 Feb 2009, 15:39
& skull.
SAM AND MAX! AND LEMMINGS! you know there's a sam and max game coming out soon? i read that in some magazine.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Feb 2009, 22:31
RealLifeComics
Yeah!! I think it comes out on Wii! hope so anyways, there is also a cartoon, not sure it came out here in Aus though.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Feb 2009, 03:34
one + twins.
Sword of the New World FTW. =D and of course, LEMMINGS! funny, we just talked about lemmings in class today, and the first thing i thought of was that game! ha ha!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Feb 2009, 06:24
RealLifeComics
Lemmings was such an awesome game. I miss those li'l green haired bastards
0 likes [|reply]
6 Feb 2009, 05:36
PBK1987
for really tips bluh, anyone down for xbox live skate 2, cod 4 or Cod 5

gamertag: MSC Tone

hahaha I like cake(portal)
0 likes [|reply]
15 Feb 2009, 18:52
Just another Sarah
Holy Shit Mnemosyne! I thought I was the only one who knew of Monkey Island?!!!!
Used to be balls out for WoW, funding cut short on that so now I'm just playing Super Mario Bros. Melee and Mario Kart.
Gotta love Croc as well, and SW Battlefront.
And I think I'm going to go buy myself Myst because I want to treat myself to nostalgia.

Anyone ever heard of Twinsen for the PC?
0 likes [|reply]
16 Feb 2009, 03:29
Kelsey Lynn xox
haha i think i used to play monkey island.
alas, i don't have a 360, so whenever my friends and i get together, thats all we play.
favorites have to include cod 4 and left 4 dead. best games, hands down.
i grew up playing 64, and mario karts...i could play that for hours, and have before x]
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends