Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Spartacus Actor Dead At 39
0 likes [|reply]
12 Sep 2011, 04:27
love♥nik
Andy Whitfield, who starred in TV's Spartacus: Blood and Sand – only to leave the show to treat a recurrence of non-Hodgkin lymphoma – died Sunday of the disease at age 39.

The actor's wife Vashti said in a statement that the "beautiful young warrior" died on a "sunny Sydney morning" in the "arms of his loving wife," the Associated Press reports.

Born in Wales and a resident of Australia, Whitfield was preparing for a second season in September 2010 when he announced that he would not be returning to the Starz series so he could undergo aggressive cancer treatment. He was replaced by actor Liam McIntyre.

In Whitfield's statement, he said, "It seems that it is time for myself and my family to embark on another extraordinary journey."

Link

WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! He was freaking amazing as Spartacus!!!! :( So sad he's gone, and so young.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Sep 2011, 08:10
& skull.
holy crap, poor guy. i only really knew him via seeing him on freddie wong's channel.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Sep 2011, 08:14
RealLifeComics
It's a damn shame.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Sep 2011, 15:57
SoA
This is so sad. My heart goes out to his family. I would think the only thing that keeps them from completely falling apart is knowing that he won't be in pain any longer.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Sep 2011, 22:01
~*Pagan*~
Very sad- he was very young and was utterly awesome as Spartacus.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Sep 2011, 22:21
love♥nik
I think what his wife said was just so poignant and sad. Poor guy.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends