[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
The girl named "Like"
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 01:20
Unauthorized
Wow...

A newborn baby girl in Israel has been named Like, in a tribute to Facebook.

Like's parents, Lior and Vardit Adler, gave their daugther the unique name because "Facebook had become the icon of today's generation," according to Israel's Haaretz newspaper.

"If once people gave biblical names and that was the icon, then today this is one of the most famous icons in the world," Lior Adler told Haaretz.

The Adlers, who live in the town of Hod Hasharon, near Tel Aviv, have a history of giving their children names outside the norm.

The couple's two other children are named Dvash, "honey" in Hebrew, and Pie, Haaretz said.

Despite that, the name Like caught the Adlers' friends by surprise.

"They simply didn't believe it," Lior Adler told the newspaper. "I believe there will be people who will lift a eyebrow ... but it is my girl and that's what's fun about it."

0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 02:16
Conservative Values
a clear example of this country going right down the shitter.
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 02:28
~Aiure
@ Conservative Values:
If you'd read any of that post, you'd notice that the people are from Israel. You're my hero. :/
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 03:38
Conservative Values
israel? that explains alot...
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 05:31
~Aiure
@ Conservative Values:
You strike me as someone that would name their child after some sort of cheap liquor. :D
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 05:43
SugarNSpice Surveys
LOL! @ ~Aiure
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 11:48
an empty frame.
Like isn't the worst name out there by far. And at least they had a real reason for the name.
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 15:09
DivaAshley
Ditto that!
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 03:04
*Forever Changing*
@Conservative, you convince me with every single post that you are an ignorant waste of flesh and bones. You come into a forum post and make comments that do not even pertain to the post. You need to do a few things. You need to 1: Learn to read before you respond, 2: Remove your head from your ass so when you say what you have to say it doesnt get contaminated by the enviornment of where your head is located, and 3: realize that despite what you think is right it does not mean its always right.
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 03:38
Conservative Values
"3: realize that despite what you think is right it does not mean its always right."

so what you are saying is that i should just start saying things i think are wrong? if i am saying something, and i do not believe it is right, then i would not be saying it. maybe you should just think before you speak, or better yet...shut up
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 03:19
Unauthorized
@ Conservative Values...why won't you be my friend?
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 01:21
Unauthorized
^from http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/05/israeli-couple-names-daughter-like-in-tribute-to-facebook.html

0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 01:35
Aubrey;
Ah, whatever. People are always going to be naming their kids weird things; it's their choice. If it bothers them, then the kid will either go by a nickname or change their name when they're old enough.
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 03:19
Unauthorized
@ Aubrey: I wasn't like, Oh my god, that's awful...I just thought it was interesting :) haha I said like..
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 03:46
Aubrey;
@ Unauthorized -- yeah I didn't say that you said it was bad. But I knew somebody was going to say how stupid it was (and I was right, see Conservative Values's response). I don't understand why the kid's name affects anything anyway. A name is just a name.
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 03:48
HorrorVixen XO
That's nothing. I remember a cast member from MTV's "real world/road rules challenge" named YES!! No it wasn't short for anything.. That's what his MOM named him.

PS: MINDI, I love u but stop feeding the trolls!
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 04:06
*Forever Changing*
@Fearless. I couldnt resist! My husband suggested Spartacus for our sons name. I looked at him like he had a third eye. Seriously WTF.
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 03:55
Unauthorized
@ Aubrey;-lol my son's middle name went horribly awry thanks to my husband's spelling. Note to future moms: Make the spelling VERY clear or you will be stuck with Releigh instead of Riley. A name is just a name, you're right, and there are some curious ones out there..for sure.

@fearless..like "Yes" that's a perfect example. Dammit. I said like again...I feel like Austin Powers and the "Mole" right now..

@Conservative, I'm still very upset you are ignoring me. :(
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 14:05
Emily the Strange
At least they didn't choose "Unfriend" or just the thumbs up symbol. Haha
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 19:24
Unauthorized
Unfriend would be an awesome name! And, with the thumbs up sign..well, I suppose if prince can be known as some random symbol...it's fair game. I'm calling rights to using the peace sign for my next kid! CV thinks I'm a hippie so he should love that...
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 20:31
Estella
'Block' would be an even better name! ;D Or 'comment' or 'share' - gosh, there is a whole host of potential names in FB! I think I shall name my kids 'mobile upload' and 'app request'. And 'poke'.
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 21:04
Emily the Strange
@Estella- Your youngest could be named "Most Recent." haha
0 likes [|reply]
20 May 2011, 00:05
Bellatrix Lestrange
Hm.. Poke seems a decent name >____< lmfao.
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 21:05
Emily the Strange
CV's still around!? lol lamesauce.
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2011, 14:37
& skull.
pretty sure there's a whole generation of kids called "olympic games" in china. not totally bizarre.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends