Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Fla. dad tells 911 toddler fatally shot mom....
0 likes [|reply]
22 Apr 2011, 21:58
Music God CJ Plain
AM I the only one that doesn't believe this guy for a second? I hope they fry his ass.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_mom_shot_toddler
0 likes [|reply]
24 Apr 2011, 04:41
Bellatrix Lestrange
What the hell is with people these days!?

How can you blame a toddler for a murder?
That's just...weird.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Apr 2011, 23:16
♥ jes
..really? What a way to try to get off a murder charge.

Poor kid, having to grow up without a mommy now.. :(
0 likes [|reply]
23 Apr 2011, 01:59
Music God CJ Plain
There is NO WAY in hell that kid did it. A 9 mm Glock weighs almost as MUCH as a 2 year old. There's no way he could pick one up, aim it, AND Fire it
0 likes [|reply]
23 Apr 2011, 05:48
Chris
MGoB: You know a gun doesn't need to be picked up in order to be fired.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Apr 2011, 02:25
*Forever Changing*
This is off topic but do y'all remember the toddler who picked up a gun and shot himself in the head? It happened a while ago..he was like 2, and lived in Wisconsin I believe.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Apr 2011, 03:08
Music God CJ Plain
@Mindi: I never seen that story. What kind of gun was it? And did the police actually investigate it?

I stand by what I said here. The LIGHTEST Glock 9 mm is almost 2 lbs in weight and has a 6 lb trigger pull. There's no way a 2 year old is picking that up, aiming it, AND scoring a headshot.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Apr 2011, 03:24
*Forever Changing*
Oh I completely agree with you on that point, but I think in general toddlers getting a hold of guns and shooting them is more common when we think, when I just googled it I got 4 stories right away, and that was without looking...here is a link http://www.wisn.com/r/23813316/detail.html
0 likes [|reply]
23 Apr 2011, 05:26
Music God CJ Plain
Mindi: I have no doubt it happens. It really bugs the shit out of me when parents are careless with guns when kids are around. You'd think if the person was smart enough to go through the process of getting a permit and all that, they'd also know that it must be secured at ALL times. There's just NO excuse for it NOT to be.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Apr 2011, 05:56
*Forever Changing*
MGoB: I agree. My parents taught us gun safety basically from the time we could walk...when I was 5 years old I "owned" a 22, and shot it, under intense supervision. We were taught to respect the gun, and in return the gun would be allowed in our hands. My sister was 7, she swung around and did not point her gun at the ground instead pointed it at all the people around her, and she was not allowed to touch another gun until she was 13 and passed hunters safety. So many people want to own guns, but do not respect the weapon or teach their children to respect it. Its pretty pathetic.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Apr 2011, 17:59
Music God CJ Plain
Mindi: yes it is.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Apr 2011, 23:46
[accepting.change]
Agreed!!! Especially about scoring a headshot. Not possible.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Apr 2011, 16:49
~Just the 3 of Us~
Which is exactly why my gun is locked away in a case, at the top of my closet...no bullet in the chamber and no bullets in the magazines (which are not in the gun anyway). Lastly, the bullets are down in the basement. So, bad for me if someone decides to attack me in my home...good if my 3 yr old toddler somehow gets a hold of it (which he never will - he doesn't even know I have it). So sad either way. :(
0 likes [|reply]
23 Apr 2011, 18:00
Music God CJ Plain
Bunny: I keep our stuff locked up as well but accessible if needed.

Honestly, my FIRST instinct would be to grab my Klingon Fighting Knives. Those things are FAR more wicked looking and would probably make someone run in fear just seeing them. LOL
0 likes [|reply]
24 Apr 2011, 00:39
SoA
How messed up do you need to be to blame your kid? Maybe I'm missing something but how could the kid get access to the gun if it's concealed? I mean in the article it says "The father.....was visiting her apartment..." So unless he took it off & carelessly left it within reaching distance of the kid, I highly doubt it was the son.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Apr 2011, 07:06
American
Just from that [very short] article about, I doubt the kid did it. They don't really give much of what the father actually DID say, so I can't tell if I think he is lying...because they didn't get a quote form him (or just didn't write it in the article). What I read that made me think "Yeah, right" was when he was visiting her apartment (with a concealed weapon, since that was what he was licensed for) and the TWO year old somehow finds his concealed weapon, pulls it out and shoots it at her? Or what, did he remove it while at her apartment (more of the story that's missing)? Not likely, though. I mean, if I had a concealed weapon license (AND a weapon to conceal) I'd be sportin' it all the time. Either way, he consciously put it down (if he did at all) somewhere that the kid could reach it (if his story is true), which makes him the culprit; or the kid couldn't reach it because he had it on him, concealed, and shot her and blamed the kid, which akes ihm the culprit. Either way this goes: he's the culprit, in my opinion. I know I went waaaay too into that, but..yeah.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Apr 2011, 07:08
American
Wow. Ignore the typos. It's 2AM, that's gotta count for something.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Apr 2011, 16:26
Music God CJ Plain
@iWRITE: I know what you're saying. I agree 100%. I don't believe for a second the kid did it. And even in the worst case scenario that he DID, you still have to question the decision making of ANY parent that leaves a loaded Glock 9MM where a 2 year can access it in any form.

I think in the end, this guy is looking at a long time in a small cube.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Apr 2011, 15:50
F C U K
I hate guns, always have and always will. I was terrified of them as a child and Ma always told us guns were bad. I don't know how my siblings feel on this and my younger sister [who is 22] want's to get a gun "for protection"... she can have anger issues though and I even fear that. I mean I know people do get them for protection but still...
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends