Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
Antivirus
0 likes [|reply]
18 Apr 2011, 16:07
Shar
My mom has so many issues with her antivirus so I've been looking for something new for her to try. Her year subscription for AVG runs out in 30 days and I really need to get her something better. So I was wondering what everyone else uses and what is considered the best.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Apr 2011, 18:06
Meghans Follie
i use avast.. LOVE it.. and its free
0 likes [|reply]
18 Apr 2011, 21:01
Chris
Windows Firewall and the ability to not stumble on to sites and open e-mails that look like they might give you a virus.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Apr 2011, 04:12
*Forever Changing*
We use Avast..we got a virus on our laptop, and needed a quick antivirus this one was free and completely wiped the virus.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Apr 2011, 20:34
Beautiful Lies
I use Webroot SpySweeper with Antivirus. It's $30 a year (the first subscription was $40, but after that they e-mail me a few months before my subscription ends and they give me a sweet cheaper deal). I used to use just the SpySweeper but after my McAfee subscription ran out I decided to save some money and just upgrade to the Spyware protection + antivirus for just an extra $10 on top of the usual Spy Sweeper Fee.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2011, 00:53
kein mitleid
Most ISPs nowadays provide some form of free antivirus software, but I suggest periodic runs of Housecall by TrendMicro (google it, it's online, and it's free.)

Safe computing is the only true protection you have though. That means abstaining from being retarded.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2011, 01:18
Tam I Am
I use avast. I've even told people who come into Wal-Mart to buy antivirus protection about avast and saved them money. It's protected me several times and shut down stupid idiots who use my computer and open bad sites. They get mad when it won't open them, but I tell them they're idiots if they try to go past that point.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2011, 02:21
~*Queen Bee*~
I use Norton, but it costs me about $80/ year. When my computer was hacked this year their tech support was a huge help and took over my computer and totally got rid of everything bad on it.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2011, 02:35
Chris
@Cuban: How much you wanna bet your computer wasn't "hacked"?
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2011, 17:43
Jessica [Private]
I use norton as well. You can catch the three pack of licenses on sale for $30 every other month or so at Office Depot/Max.

You're ripping yourself off paying $80. I pay $10/year.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2011, 04:33
Fiat
I use AVG free edition. It occasionally pretends that my "free trial" is about run out, but I've never had to pay. That program has saved my computer on more than one occasion too. Highly recommend it.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Apr 2011, 03:55
Unauthorized
Avira. It's free.

I also have spybot and malwarebytes..not sure if that's wise as some claim it causes problems having spybot and avira together, but it hasn't for me. I think you just can't run them at the same time, although, not sure why you would do that anyway...
0 likes [|reply]
21 Apr 2011, 15:50
& skull.
i use the free version of avg, and don't visit sites or download things that look as virus ridden as a crack whore.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Apr 2011, 21:08
Shar
Thanks for the advice. She's got the paid version of avg, I'm not sure what sites she goes on but she's not really good at figuring out what could potentially carry a virus. I've just now got through to her that not all the spam goes in the spam folder and she needs to be very careful what she clicks on.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends