Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Hickey = Paralysis
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2011, 00:42
KerriBlue
Well, apparently STD's and Pregnancy is the least of anyones concern because before you get down to doing the dirty with you're partner - things can go wrong much sooner. Yes Ladies and Gentleman - apprently Hickies are dangerous! Ok, I always heard that rumour that hickeys could cause skin cancer, but I never thought this could happen:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8200022/nz-woman-partially-paralysed-by-hickey

A New Zealand woman was taken to hospital after being partially paralysed by a "hickey".

The 44-year-old woman experienced a loss of movement in her left arm after her former partner gave her a lovebite near an artery in her neck while she watched television.

The unusual incident happened last year but has recently been written up in the New Zealand Medical Journal.

Dr Teddy Whu, who treated the woman, said he believed it was the first time someone had been hospitalised by a "hickey", Christchurch newspaper The Press reported.

Dr Whu said the patient had a clot in an artery underneath the bite.

"Because it was a lovebite there would be a lot of suction," Dr Whu told the newspaper.

"Because of the physical trauma it had made a bit of bruising inside the vessel."

Dr Whu said the clot moved into the woman's heart and caused the minor stroke

While it sucks to be her - it's just such a strange thing to happen. Can you imagine the conversation? "Honey, I went to the doctor today, You didn't get me pregnant during sex but SURPRISE, I had a stroke while you were sucking on my neck"

I just told one of my guy friends about this, his response was: "Where?". I feel like saying "DOES IT MATTER WHERE? Clearly if it's unsafe on the neck, I wouldn't risk it anywhere else!!"

AHAHAHA I totally thought of a funnier conversation:
"Oh...well...I didn't oragasm during sex, but I did stroke during hickey"

Ok it's not funny. It's serious. This is a serious medical issue I'm making a joke of. I'm ashamed of myself.

*snickers*
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2011, 00:47
Jessica [Private]
Sweet Jesus! How hard were they sucking on her neck?!

The goal isn't to suck the skin off the poor woman!
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2011, 00:52
KerriBlue
@Jessica haha your comment FTW.

Although that raises a question in my mind...well several. What is the point of a hickey? I know I used to give/get them as a teenager, but - I don't know if it was something to show off in public or something. And then, at watch age do you stop giving hickies?

Haha ok as much experience as I have with hickies, I want to know: What is the point and when (if at all) is it appropriate to quit the hickey habbit?
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2011, 01:09
Jessica [Private]
From my understanding it's just a sensitive area. Like breasts/inner thighs.
I think like anything, it's time to stop when it isn't fun anymore ;)

Although I think people know if they're easily marked. My skin is so fair that even a slight scratch will leave a burning red mark for a day or two. Sooo as a rule I avoid getting hickeys lol ;D
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2011, 01:11
love♥nik
@Kerri well I don't like getting hickeys anymore but last time during a rather vigorous amount of love play my bf did bite me quite hard and what looked like hickeys were actually teeth marks/bruises, which I don't mind. Hickeys would be like a cock tease. XD Idk, I think most ppl just grow out of it b/c eventually it didn't feel that great for me anymore. XD
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2011, 04:46
Poetic Justice
I think they're fun and almost naughty... Like pretty much any other slightly-kinky fetish. When people display them boldly in the middle of their necks for everyone else to see, I agree, it looks sleazy. But having one that's covered that only you and your partner know about is like having a dirty little secret that (in most cases lol) is harmless.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2011, 08:31
mixie
I agree with Poetic Justice, I kind of like having a hickey that is hidden. I was never one for them on my neck, though, even as a teen.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Feb 2011, 10:06
eadigteon
It's a childish thing. you stop giving/recieving when you grow up.

Actual bites are different. That's just fun all the time. :P

but hell, 20 years ago my mother was telling me hickies were dangerous, and it's still true. look at that story. it's rare, but it happens. Sure as hell isn't worth dying over.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2011, 08:32
mixie
also, WOW. That is insane. I guess at least she didn't die!? What if the clot had stayed and grown and then the subsequent stroke killed her? Maybe s/he saved this woman's life XD
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends