Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
"Senate GOP pledges to block all bills until tax
0 likes [|reply]
1 Dec 2010, 21:03
Chris
Washington (CNN) -- Senate Republicans promised Wednesday to block legislative action on every issue being considered by the lame-duck Congress until the dispute over extending the Bush-era tax cuts is resolved and an extension of current government funding is approved.

All 42 Senate Republicans signed a letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, vowing to prevent a vote on "any legislative item until the Senate has acted to fund the government and we have prevented the tax increase that is currently awaiting all American taxpayers."

Yeah, it's almost like they're threatening to do exactly what they've been doing since the 2008 presidential election. Republicans are like a crying toddler throwing a temper tantrum, and the Democrats are the over-coddling mother who spoils this toddler. And the entire country suffers because of it. The government fucking sucks.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Dec 2010, 21:03
Chris
The title should have been, "Senate GOP pledges to block all bills until tax dispute resolved"

These forum thread titles really need to be longer.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Dec 2010, 11:28
Music God CJ Plain
Yeah, I'm pretty conservative on most things and even I don't think this is the right move AT ALL. In fact, it makes me want to go down to my local Senators office and REALLY give them an earful.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Dec 2010, 15:00
Madeline Rain
I'm pretty liberal, and although I don't agree with the means, I do agree with the end results. This tax hike that they're calling "The expiration of the Bush tax cuts" is ridiculous and should not happen. So yeah, although I don't agree with these idiots halting all legislative action, I am happy that they're going to extend the tax cuts.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Dec 2010, 15:19
Music God CJ Plain
@ Rain: yeah, I agree overall with them extending the cuts...I just do NOT agree at all with the way they are going about doing it.

This mindset of of US vs THEM realllllllly needs to stop.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Dec 2010, 15:40
Silent.Beauty
I am pretty sure the mindset of them versus us was what started the civil war, north versus south. People think that history will no repeat itsself, but it very well could. Especially since no one can seem to work together anymore for a common good.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Dec 2010, 15:54
Music God CJ Plain
@ Silent.Beauty: I agree totally. I don't think it's far fetched to think that it could happen again, either. The classes are becoming so divided that it's a matter of time before you have an uprising of the French Revolution type.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Dec 2010, 19:28
Chris
@MGoB: I do think this country needs another revolution. Probably something ushering in an era of personal and economic freedoms. Sans religious domination.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Dec 2010, 19:32
Music God CJ Plain
@Anon: i agree. I believe it's only a matter of time. When it does, I know I'm ready to get out there and bring the chaos.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends