Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
Baby killed... over Farmville.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 07:29
Jessica [Private]
Oh yes, I'm quite serious. Farmville isn't even that damn fun!

A Jacksonville mother charged with shaking her baby to death has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.

Alexandra V. Tobias, 22, was arrested after the January death of 3-month-old Dylan Lee Edmondson. She told investigators she became angry because the baby was crying while she was playing a computer game called FarmVille on the Facebook social-networking website.

Tobias entered her plea Wednesday before Circuit Judge Adrian G. Soud. A second-degree murder charge is punishable by up to life in prison.

Prosecutor Richard Mantei said Tobias' sentence could be less because of state guidelines that call for 25 to 50 years. Soud offered no promises on what he'll order during a sentencing hearing scheduled for December.

Outside the courtroom, Mantei said Tobias' plea will help avoid the family reliving the tragedy during a jury trial.

Tobias told investigators that she shook the baby, smoked a cigarette to compose herself and then shook him again. She said the baby may have hit his head during the shaking.

Source: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-10-27/story/jacksonville-mom-shakes-baby-interrupting-farmville-pleads-guilty-murder

There was also an update, posted a few days later.
Update: http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2010-10-29/story/more-information-jacksonville-woman-who-shook-baby-interrupting
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 18:13
Chris
At least she's going to jail.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Nov 2010, 04:35
Bellatrix Lestrange
What the fuck is up with her eye? o.O

Ugly bitch.

Can't believe one could kill a baby over a freaking game!

Death sentence, please?
0 likes [|reply]
9 Nov 2010, 23:52
Makayla
I want to know why they aren't pursuing a first degree murder charge on her! She stopped smoked a cigarette & then shook him some more. That sounds like premeditated murder to me.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Nov 2010, 03:04
Katie xoxo
Wow, this lady totally deserves everything that she is getting. A babies brain is fragile and the baby boy was only 3 months old. She killed her own child over a stupid youtube game ( not trying to diss farmville). What more important a beautiful precious baby boy, or farmville. You can always play tat again, but you can not replace that child.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Nov 2010, 03:06
Jessica [Private]
*Facebook game ;)
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 09:33
Poetic Justice
I think the most ridiculous part of the whole thing is that she shook him, STOPPED... Smoked... And then shook him a second time. You would have thought that she would have realized what she was doing by that time.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 09:51
Jessica [Private]
She doesn't really look like the sharpest crayon in the box ;D
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 10:23
NoJoMo 2011
You rock.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 13:07
once.upon.a.time.
Holy shit!!! That's just...I don't even have words! :(
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 16:26
Music God CJ Plain
I have THREE words to sum it for you pretty easy...

CLACK CLACK BOOM!
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 13:30
minor_catastrophe
I saw this on failblog actually. Thought it was older. But yea thats.... ugh. She needs to be fixed...
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 14:42
canceroustears
What the hell is wrong with some people these days?
I .... I'm at a loss for words.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 20:12
Music God CJ Plain
@Canceroustears

Like I said...CLACK CLACK BOOM!
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 15:40
Aspiring Boxer
This is just like this article I read about that Japanese (or Chinese or Korean?) couple with a brand new baby that died from neglect because the couple was too busy taking care of a virtual baby online.

Some people really shouldn't be allowed to play these kind of games because while they are very boring to some (including me - no interest in FarmVille or any other game), people with an addiction issue can get addicted to that kind of game and sometimes get violent tempers if they are interrupted. Not giving this girl an excuse but there's definitely something wrong with her, mentally.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Nov 2010, 23:05
.love.struck.
That is a little ironic. They were too busy taking care of a virtual baby but not a real life baby? How do you do that? Does being pregnant for 9 months and feeling the baby move inside her not give a clue she has a baby on the way? People really need a license to have children.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 16:51
I'mStillTatartot
ummm.... woah.

this girl has some mental issues to get checked out. first of all, we all know farmville is addicting, but for someone to get THAT addicted to it to kill their baby for crying while they are trying to play it. thats ridiculous.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 18:36
valencia
This just shows that our society is so addicted to the computer that they will kill their own children. It is completely sad that basically the computer owns her.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 19:36
♥ jes
She needs to be shook to death. Just sayin'.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Nov 2010, 23:07
.love.struck.
@bumblebee- I agree! She needs to be shook hard, real hard. Maybe sterilize her too.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 22:52
~*Pagan*~
Theres an excellent argument for involuntary sterilisation right there.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Nov 2010, 00:39
♥ Monique
Her rotting in prison will fortunately prevent her from further producing so sterilizing her really isn't needed. But I think that the whole "do un to others as you would want others to do un to you" should be practiced her and lets shake her to death. Let some big muscular man shake the piss out of her. See how she feels. For the sake of the child, it is probably best that he not survive the shaking and suffer for the rest of his life with complications from shaken baby syndrome.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Nov 2010, 04:01
The Narnian Ninja
ugh.why do all the truly digusting people live in my town?
i just,wow,i dont even have words for this..
0 likes [|reply]
5 Nov 2010, 04:06
Jessica [Private]
Lol, I had Dahmer live in my town. I know how you feel.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Nov 2010, 04:51
The Narnian Ninja
i guess there is just horrible people in every town.
i still wanna shake the ever living fuck outta this woman,and be like 'WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU??"
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends