Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Homework Help
Page:  1 
ms Excel 2007
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2010, 06:35
SO I am doing a collage course I need to pass my excel module or I am crapped but I cannot do it, I have and infection at the moment which means I have a crap memory.
I need tips on memorizing the formulas for it.
This is just simple stuff at the moment for tables addition subtraction multiplication that's about it.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2010, 18:25
xanderthebuttmonkey
Are you asking how to do basic math functions in excel?, to do that you just type "=" then the first number or cell that contains a number, then whatever operator you're trying to use (+,-,/,*) then the second number or cell that contains a number. To reference a cell you just put the letter then the number that correspond with the cells position, for example A1. So if you wanted to add the very first cell (upper left) to the one below it the formula would be "=A1+A2". Obviously this would be typed into some other cell other than the ones you're calculating. Hope that helps.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Nov 2010, 01:00
xanderthebuttmonkey Yes basically, god I hate excell sorry I took so long to reply I have no idea why I signed up for this course at all anymore.
To be honest I am bored out of my brain an I want it to be over.
God I could rave all day about how stupid Microsoft is. Not to mention why the heck would anyone vent want to touch excell but it wont get me a pass.
The company isn't that bad their problem is all their programs are beta's and they never fix the problems all they care about is money.
Which might be good for them, but not for the people trying to use the crap.

Gah, one day I shall convert to linux and that will be the end of it bye bye virus's bye bye stupid programs.
Okay maybe not an ideal idea.

Now I am having more problems.
Can someone tell me what they are trying to ask me to do?
Your Task

Choose the appropriate MS Office program and the information below to design and create an appropriate solution for the first three months of the year (1st Quarter).

Refer to the appropriate Style Guide to assist you to produce this to the organisational standard.

Consultant John - January = 34; February = 12; March = 56

Consultant Mary - January = 36; February = 150; March = 78

Consultant Jill - January = 3; February = 67; March = 34

Everyone gets paid a commission which is worked out by multiplying the number of students by $10.00 each month. You need to show this for each consultant each month so you will have a Monthly Commission column for each month.
If they reach a Quarterly Student target of 200 or more they get a bonus of $50.00. You will need to show this Bonus column .
You will also have to show the total number of students for each month and for the quarter .
Apply suitable formatting.
Create a chart comparing the total number of students the consultants have signed up each month.
When the First Quarter has been successfully completed it should be reproduced three times (2nd Quarter, 3rd Quarter and 4th Quarter).

You will also need to include a Summary Sectionlinked to the totals in the other sections. This must include an appropriate Chart.

When you remove the data (student numbers) zeros should appear for the results of the calculations and the chart should become empty.
Test this by typing in some test data and the calculations should work and the chart should display something relative to the data entered.
Aslo make sure that the Months are changed to reflect the quarter such as 2nd Quarter = April, May, June and so on.
NOTE - Refer to the appropriate Style Guide

Save it as a normal file called consultants_your_name. This file will contain all the test data for each quarter.

Save it as a template file called template_your_name. This file will have the test data removed so that the actual data can be entered.
So far I have this: Jill John Mary Total
January 3 34 36 73
Pay $30.00 $340.00 $360.00
February 67 12 150 229
Pay $670.00 $120.00 $1,500.00
March 34 56 78
Can someone explain the rest for me?
I feel like I am reading french.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Nov 2010, 00:09
Jessica [Private]
You gotta make formulas, so that it fills in the sum they make for the students automatically.

Like say Column A is the students, and they make $10 a student.

You'd put something like "A1*$10.00" (I'm not exact on that, I'd have to play in excel to have the formula right) in the cell you want the sum to appear in.

In a bonus column if theres more than 200 students for the consultant in Jan-March they get an extra $50.
The formula in the bonus cell would be something like "IF C1 = 200, then +$50" again, I'd have to play with it because I don't remember the formula.

Makes me sad, I can see it all in my head, but I can't explain it for anything :(

But basically it'd be set up like

[A1] BLANKCELL [B1] JANUARY [C1] FEBRUARY [D1] MARCH [E1] TOTAL STUDENTS [F1] COMMISSION TOTAL [G1] BONUS TOTAL
[A2] JOHN [B2] 34 [C2] 12 [D2] 56 [E2] 102 [F2] $1020 [G2] $1020
[A3] MARY [B3] 36 [C3] 150 [D3] 78 [E3] 264 [F3] $2640 [G3] $2690
[A4] JILL [B4] 3 [C4] 67 [D4] 34 [E4] 104 [F4] $1040 [G4] $1040
[A5]
[A6] MONTHLY TOTAL [B6] 73 [C6] 229 [D6] 168
[A7] MON. COMMISSION [B7] $730 [C7] 2290 [D7] $1680

I hope that makes sense.

Although I dont know if I'd total the months vertically or not. It'd depend on how it looks in Excel ;D

Basically you need to make formulas for the E column [Total Students] which would add up Columns B-D and total them there.
Then Column F [Commission Total] Needs to be the total number in it's corresponding E square multiplied by ten.

For G, I'm not really sure how to do that formula offhand. BUT. It needs to have a formula that like If Column E = 200+ then add $50 to Column F.

Now lets hope this looks like I have it typed when I post it. If it doesn't look the same, I apologize :(
0 likes [|reply]
3 Nov 2010, 00:10
Jessica [Private]
Well I HAD it all spaced nicely so you could read it correctly.

But I labelled all the cells? Idk. hope I at least helped a little?
0 likes [|reply]
3 Nov 2010, 09:09
Thanks you helped so much I mean I can do the formulas but I read the paper and it all goes yuck.
It just goes straight through my mind.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2010, 07:49
Estella
What are the formulas?
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends