Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
What am I doing wrong? Anyone know how to burn D
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jan 2009, 21:43
.xoxo
Okay, so I downloaded a movie online, and I want to burn it onto a DVD. I tried to do it with the DVD burning program I have on my computer, and it said it burned then when I try to play it it says the disc is blank! I look at the disc, and it looks like it's a disc that is written on. So I try another one and it still won't work. The program I have is power2goDVD. I don't know what I am doing wrong! Anyone have any suggestions? I keep having this problems and it is very very annoying!
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jan 2009, 23:22
Lauren.
Some DVDs that you download require special programs to be put on a DVD. I didn't know this until recently when my uncle put a program on my new laptop specifically for ripping DVDs that I download. He put ConvertXtoDVD3 on here as well as DVDFab5 which are both free and have put any movie/TV show I download on a DVD that my other programs wouldn't. You could try a new program?
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jan 2009, 05:15
.xoxo
Thanks, I will have to try those! I didn't think it would be THIS hard..
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jan 2009, 01:12
saminal
How big is the file? Is it around 700MB, or 1.4GB, or more like 4.7GB? What type of file(s) are in the download? Are you trying to burn to a DVD or a CD? What are you trying to play it in, the computer or a separate DVD player?
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jan 2009, 03:31
.xoxo
It's 800MB. It's AVI format, and it's not an actual DVD it's Twilight and so it's recorded. I want to play it on another DVD player.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jan 2009, 03:31
.xoxo
Oh yeah I am trying to burn it to a DVD-R
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jan 2009, 10:40
saminal
Ok, cool. I don't know about power2goDVD but I reckon it's the program you're using that's causing the problem. Like May.9th says, try Nero if you've got it / can get your hands on it. Otherwise, Lauren.'s suggestions will most likely sort you out but I've never had any experience with them so I can't say for sure. They sound good though.

It definitely doesn't sound like something you're doing wrong, at least.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jan 2009, 07:18
Bittersweet
Okay here is what shawn and I do when we burn dvds.

We open up Nero (since that is what we use) and in Nero in the DVD opition there is a thing that say "Make your own dvd video" I click there and it askes you either make a video (ie.using a webcam) or you can browse and find a file already on your computer. Once we do that it lets you make your own Menus and everything it's pretty cool, then it converts the avi to dvd for us it takes just less then an hour but all the dvd players they have played on works so I must be doing something right!!!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends