Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Husband's Last Act Saves Wife and Unborn Child
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2010, 18:08
minor_catastrophe
I saw this on the Today Show this morning. It about made me cry. Selfless people like this GMH.

Sept. 13) -- Brian Wood's last act was a selfless effort to save the life of his wife and his unborn child.

"It breaks my heart and it also fills me with gratefulness," a weeping Erin Wood, 31, told NBC's "Today" show this morning. "If it would have been a head-on crash, we both would have been killed and our baby," she said.

Brian Wood, 33, was pronounced dead at the scene Sept. 3 after an oncoming SUV careened across the center line on Whidbey Island in Washington state, and hurtled over the roof of Wood's 2004 Suburban. His wife was in the passenger seat. The North Vancouver, B.C., couple's first child is due in early November.

Her husband of five years slammed on the brakes and swerved hard to the right, ensuring that he would take the brunt of the impact, his wife said. She had been dozing and woke to see the Chevy Blazer racing toward them. She suffered a banged head and a black eye, which was still visible today, but is otherwise fine. The unborn baby boy was unharmed, she said.

Two passengers in the back seat of the truck were also killed. Last week, prosecutors charged the driver, 20-year-old Jordyn Weichert, with three counts of vehicular homicide and two counts of vehicular assault, the Whidbey News Times reported. Authorities at the scene found heroin, cocaine, marijuana and a handgun in the truck, according to court documents, local media reported.

Weichert had been pulling off her sweatshirt when she asked front-seat passenger to steer for her, the Vancouver Sun said. They then lost control of the Blazer. Authorities are mulling charges against the passenger, Seattle television station KOMO reported.

"Physically, I'm doing pretty well," Erin Wood said today. "I'm not coping well. I don't think you can cope well in a situation like this."

Source: http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/wife-says-husband-brian-woods-last-act-saved-her-and-their-unborn-baby/19631101

Or there's also:

http://www.nsnews.com/news/dies+save+wife+unborn+child/3494557/story.html
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39146785/ns/today-today_people/ This one has the video.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2010, 19:01
Jessica [Private]
I've totally got tears in my eyes. That's an amazing man right there, no doubt about it. It's such a shame that a person like that had to be lost so young.

And in reference to the people that hit them: Who the FUCK takes off their sweatshirt while they're driving? Bitch if you're hot roll down a damn window.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2010, 19:22
Opie's Old Lady
OMG thank you!!! Seriously, who the fuck does that while they are driving?!
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2010, 19:38
Jessica [Private]
Honestly :-/

Like I totally understand getting warm while driving. It happens to everyone. You put on a sweatshirt and get in the car and start moving about and you're like 'oh its not that cold, holy shit I'm warm.'

I'm 100% positive she wasn't about to die from the heat. And if that was the case she should have pulled her ass over to the side of the road for a second and taken it off. But you know she was just like 'ugh its warm in here. /dramaqueen' and was like I HAVE THIS SUPER AMAZING IDEA. ILL JUST TAKE THIS SHIRT OFF WHILE IM DRIVING. HERE HOLD MUH WHEEL.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2010, 02:36
Lovin'MyLittles
This story just breaks my heart.. the poor family and what they're going through. I can only imagine that she wouldn't be coping very well in this situation.

The dumbasses driving the other car need to have charges pressed on them as well as beaten in the head or something. Why the f--- do you take a sweatshirt off while you're driving? What on earth makes you do that?! Turn the a/c on or open a window. Ugh!
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2010, 02:50
starsmaycollide
That story is just...unreal. I can't even imagine what I would do if I lost my husband right now (I'm 22 weeks pregnant). I feel so terribly for that woman and the whole family. :(
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2010, 03:08
♥ Steph
That's so sad, I knew someone whos husband drowned on the Salt Lake River (I live in AZ and it's a popular place for people to go tubing) trying to save their 5 year old son...It's just sad, but at the same time makes you realize how selfless and brave people really are...
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2010, 18:39
Opie's Old Lady
Oh my god that poor woman. Her husband was a brave soul, that is for sure. I hope that they do charge the passenger too. The stupidity of some people just amazes me. My heart and prayers are going to be with her and her son and the rest of her family.

I wondered if it would have been easier for her if they where together for longer then 5 years.... but then I realize that if Jason was taken from me after 50 years it would still be just as painful if not more so then if he was taken from me after 5.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2010, 18:48
minor_catastrophe
Yea, they said on Today that they found cocaine, heroine, and pot in the Blazer, so I think drug charges, as well as vehicular assult or manslaughter, are headed their way. It was very depressing. I don't think I could handle knowing my husband or bf or anybody for that matter, died saving me. Has to be very painful.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2010, 18:51
Opie's Old Lady
God I hope they give them life. Yeah, I don't think I could handle that either. It's hard enough to lose someone as it is, but then to add to it the fact that they put their life on the line for you to live..... yeah that is some powerful stuff right there.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2010, 19:43
Opie's Old Lady
yeah, like GOD people need to use their brains, that lump three feet above their asses.

I want 5 minutes alone with that stupid bitch. All I need
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2010, 00:14
HorrorVixen XO
that's so stupid of them all.. fck!! if u r warm, then pull the fck over!! that poor little boy will never know his father all b.c ur dumbass wanted to take ur sweater off.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2010, 01:17
jessi bear(:
i was about to post this.. it made me cry ):
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2010, 03:01
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
What a great man to sacrifice himself for his wife and unborn child. It's so sad that he will never meet his son and watch him grow up. :(
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2010, 05:32
jessi bear(:
not only did that girl kill that poor woman's husband, but two of her own friends that were in the back seat.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2010, 23:17
Mom♥X's 3
Absolutely unbelievable. Some people are just f-ing stupid.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2010, 01:24
Doc
Much respect to her husband. Very tragic death, but also a very honorable one.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2010, 19:18
Opie's Old Lady
I couldn't agree more
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends