Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Suggestion Box
Page:  1 
Most Recently Used section for the Circles page?
0 likes [|reply]
28 May 2010, 22:26
American
I'm not sure how many people actually USE the Circles page for anything, so this may fall on deaf ears, and that's alright.

Why don't we have a section at the top that shows the circles most recently used?

Not sure how or where it would be placed or anything..I'm not very good at stuff like that. But I seem to want to read the circles that have some recent posts to them. I would probably use it a little more if there was a section for the most recent posts in a circle. If that makes sense.
0 likes [|reply]
28 May 2010, 22:27
American
Why don't we have a section at the top that shows the circles most recently used? add: within the 'circles' page..not on main page.
0 likes [|reply]
28 May 2010, 22:37
Chris
Because among the many problems the site is facing right now, the circles page is definitely not one of them, especially because barely anyone uses them.
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 00:37
KerriBlue
I have to add though - before the last major bloop crash, people did use them a lot more frequently. I admit, before bloop crash, I use to use them a lot more frequently...

hrmmm...maybe that will be my goal for next week :)
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 01:10
American
Why do you think people don't use them now? And..would it cost Steve (or whoever pays for the site) less to get rid of the whole page? Would you know the answer to that? lol
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 01:15
Tommy Decentralized
It's no extra cost at all. It only links your entry

people do use them, how oin the hell do you think entries are in there, by magic? lol
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 01:39
KerriBlue
I just had an attempt before, maybe I wasn't looking hard enough or maybe the feature really has disappeared: Didn't you use to be able to nominate which circle the entry went to before you published your entry? I had to go the long way and publish my entry and then go to the circle page and submit it on the circles page.

I think it would be more convenient if it went back to being able to nominate the circle before you publish. (I may be wrong, it may never have been a feature - if not - it should be :))
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 09:11
Tommy Decentralized
oic, publish only to the circle, or both at the same time or something,lol

nope, I don't think bloop ever had that feature. Not that I recall. But damn good idea :)
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 16:12
American
I was talking about the whole circles page. Since nobody uses it, why do we have it? And if he got rid of it, would it save money?

I just don't see the point in having a page that no one uses. So, I was trying to think of something that might get people to use it more, but if no one is going to..why not just get rid of it? That was my question. heh.
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 01:42
KerriBlue
I think maybe SOME of the circle pages could get the boot. Maybe see which ones can be retired - just keep the main ones or the heavily used ones. Like honestly, do we still need a Harry Potter circle? I love me some Harry Potter (specifically Sirius Black...) but it's hardly used. Maybe just keep the main headings and scrap the subcategories? Or maybe just send the lesser used ones into retirement?
0 likes [|reply]
28 May 2010, 23:04
Tommy Decentralized
That's a great idea.
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 17:04
Ashalicious
I like the idea of having something that says which circle was posted in most recently, even having it on the frontpage might be a good idea to try to get it more attention. I do remember years ago when they were more used as well. There are a lot of circles listed that have 0 entries, it might clear things out a bit to delete those. And adding a button when you write your entry to post in a circle is a great idea! That might make more people use them as well. They definitely need to be revived somehow.
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 20:25
American
Yes, that was the hope behind this post. To somehow provide a way to try and revive them. Heh.
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 22:09
Ashalicious
Message one of the Admin's and ask them if it's possible for them to add a listing on the frontpage for Circles, just like they have for forums, with the most recently submitted postings. If it's possible they will let you know. If not ask what is possible that can be done to help revive the circles.
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2010, 23:44
Hidden Depths
I would use the circles a lot more often if there were a chance to cross publish the entry into the circles from the entry editor page. That'd be cool. Ashalicious-that was a great idea!
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2010, 23:28
lithium layouts.
That's a good idea!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends