Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Thread Graveyard
Page:  1 
Sunburn Remedies
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2010, 06:59
Essential Oils
Dip some gauze into milk and apply it to your sunburned skin. The tannic acid in the tea draws the burn out of the skin and heals it. After just one application, most sunburns are no longer painful and are much less red. However, this treatment will act on the pain but may not prevent peeling.

Another effective remedy for sunburn

Coconut oil is very gentle for skin. Massage whole body with coconut oil before going out in sun. It hepls in sunburn prevention.

Milk is also a good food remedy for sun burns. To get relief apply on affected area using a cloth.

Appling ice to the burned area is beneficial.

Using cold tea bags will remove tanning from the sunburns.

Sliced small pieces of raw cucumber or potato and applying to affected area will reduce redness and inflammation caused by sunburn. Application of sandal wood paste also provide relief from the burning sensation.

Mix wheat flour, milk, olive oil, or barley flour, honey, and raw egg white paste to make a mixture. Use this mixture for treating sunburn. It will be prove best home remedy for sunburn skin. Taking a bath of tide laundry detergent will provide relief from sunburn blisters.

Take 2 tomatoes puree, cucumber puree and Mix with lemon juice. Apply this paste all over the suntanned and sunburnt skin. Let it dry. Dab the puree again. Repeat 3 times and let it dry thoroughly, then rinse off. Use this treatment for a week and see the difference. It not only helps to soothe the burnt area, it adds a glow to the skin too.

Boil and mash some cabbage leaves. Apply the pulp all over the tanned and sunburnt areas. Leave on for 15 minutes before washing off with cold water. Repeat this sunburn treatment at least for a week. This remedy acts as a protective and soothing balm. Use whenever you have been exposed to the hot sun.

Rub GREEN GOURD all over the affected areas. Repeat 3-4 times. Helps in curing sunburn and soothes skin.

ALOE VERA is a natural and soothing treatment option for sunburn and tan. Just pluck a few leaves of the plant, mash them and mix with lemon juice. Apply all over the affected areas. It cleanses, clears and nourishes the skin.

Honey and lime juice is also used in treating sunburn. Mix 2 spoons of honey with lemon jucie and apply over the sunburned or tanned skin areas. Helps to lighten and soothe the skin.
Homemade Sunburn Treatment using TUMERIC POWDER AND MILK

Take 3 tablespoons of milk and add to it one tablespoon of turmeric powder. Apply all over the face or affected areas. Leave it to dry. Rub in circular motions and then rinse off. It not only helps to remove tan it also helps remove fine facial hair.

Essential Oils
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2010, 07:14
Tam I Am
Speaking from experience here, you guys. Trust me on this. it really works.

Get a large tomato. Cut tomato in half. Rub the tomato all over the sunburned area. Leave on for several hours. I've left mine on overnight before. It draws the heat and the red out.

I've done this and it works so good!
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2010, 07:16
lithium layouts.
Hehe. xD Unfortunately we had to delete the diary because it was spam, and the forum posts might get deleted quite soon too, but it's cool that the tomato thing actually works. xD
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends