Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Beware of DIRTY bath toys.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2010, 12:46
Mama2One
I haven't figure out how to embed the video, but it's from my local news site, so here ya go, just click the link

click here to watch

This made me go through my daughter's toys and throw a TON out and clean the rest VERY well, with bleach and water for a disinfectant. I knew they could be bad, but...wow.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2010, 15:32
Lovin'MyLittles
Wow, that is disgusting. Seriously disgusting. Thanks for posting that, I linked a few of my close friends to it.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2010, 18:03
Mama2One
I know isn't it?

And you're welcome.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2010, 08:18
Dreamer ♥
wow, ima gonna go bleach all our toys, thats scary!
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2010, 13:00
brooke !
we clean the toys *at least* once a week anyway, but i'll probably do it more often now.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2010, 15:11
HorrorVixen XO
i noticed a while back that my son and daughter's bath toys had little black stuff inside them. i grossed out b.c i was pretty sure it was mold so i tossed them out. they were on the old side anyways. well my crackhead MIL put them back into the basket. she always does that shit. if u throw something in the trash, she'll assume it was thrown there by accident. she always wants to keep crap thats either falling apart or broken!!!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2010, 02:21
Lauren.
OMG, I HATE when people do stuff like that. If something is in the trash, I can almost *GUARANTEE* you that it didn't end up there by ACCIDENT! Lol. I mean, I do realize that kids can do stuff like that.. but come on.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2010, 06:32
Jessica [Private]
Especially when its more than one toy. I could see like, one thing. But come on!

This makes me glad I always cleaned bath toys D:
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2010, 17:52
Makayla
I've never let Jordyn have any toys in the bathtub because I know how dirty they get. The only thing she plays with in the tub is a cup & washcloth. =)
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2010, 18:39
*Forever Changing*
We dont either, my mother in law cut open their squeeze toys and they were full of mold and they were only a week old. We no longer let them have toys except this small boat. It is just one piece of plastic, no cavities, or holes for water to get "inside" to cause mold, and no inside to speak of. They look like this...http://images.birthdayinabox.com/BIABViewLarger/BathtubBoat.jpg
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2010, 18:52
.Marissa.
Wow that is grossss. My baby is only 5 months old so Im glad I saw this before we started using bath toys, lol.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2010, 19:02
Transit
Surely washing bath toys is just common sense.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2010, 08:12
Meghans Follie
You would think so Transit but apparently not.. then again this is bloop HA
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2010, 19:39
Half Dozen Mama
We don't do squeeze toys in the tub. Only toys that are open faced to where they can fully drain, dry, & be wiped down. We had a yellow rubber ducky, which squeezed to make the squeeky noise, and regardless of the fact we squirted all the water out of it after every bath, it still got some raunchy crap inside of it.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2010, 04:11
& skull.
yeah you can't embed videos in the forums. they should really make it so you can.

we never had toys in the bath. just cups.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2010, 04:18
Meghans Follie
You don't have to stop using them - good lord. Every two baths either run the toys through the dishwasher or get a bottle of beach and follow the directions for cleaning toys (I cant remember the ratio of water to bleach) make sure you squeeze the toys in the mixture so it gets into the toy. Squeeze as much of the mixture out as possible and - when possible let them dry in the sun. If not make sure they are completely dry before the next use after cleaning them and there shouldn't be any mold growth inside the toys.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2010, 16:45
Mami 2 ♥ 1
I saw this video on the news the other night. I had wondered about it before but I usually just soak all of Moises toys in bleach water for an hour or so then rinse them really well. So i wasnt too concerned. My BIL came over and he wanted to cut open a rubber duckie to see what it looked like in side. I let him take a rubber duckie that i recieved as a gift at my baby shower. He cut it open and was satisfied to know that his nephews bath toys are clean. But still seeing this made me want to get rid of moises bath toys and just let him have some cups and bowls to play with in the water and i can just do dishes and put them away when he is done. Moises rarely plays with his toys anyways.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Mar 2010, 12:14
brooke !
my son would get pissed if all he could play with was a cup, lol. like transit said, it SHOULD be common sense to wash bath toys, just as you'd generally clean your children's other toys.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Mar 2010, 15:26
Half Dozen Mama
The problem w/ enclosed squeezie toys is not wether you clean them or not.. its the fact they can not fully dry. Squeeze and squeeze all you want, there will still be moisture and the moisture is eventually going to grow bacteria. Before I quit using it, we would wash our kids toys, squeezies included, in a clorox and water solution then set them in sun to dry. Regardless, the squeezie toys continued to get a nasty film inside of them. Thank goodness its noticable inside a yellow rubber ducky. You don't have to quit letting them play w/ bath toys in general, there are plenty of "open faced" bath toys.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2010, 02:48
*Forever Changing*
Exactly, my MIL is ocd about cleaning her bath toys, every day after a bath she would clean them, I showed her the news story about that, she cut open the squeeze toys, and they were still nasty!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2010, 02:37
Hidden Depths
yeah, I don't know about you guys but when I was a kid I played with all sorts of toys. And yeah, it's pretty disgusting to think about right now, but I used to use the squeezy toys as vessels to hold the water and then squeeze it into my mouth. Yum! haha..... Ignorance is bliss =P
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends