Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Television
Fave TV Shows.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 00:56
Acid Fairy
So I'm really, really bored right now, and I fancy watching some TV online. But I don't know what. I love British comedy but a lot of American comedy doesn't make me laugh (aside from Friends, which has always been pure genius), and I don't like anything to do with crime, or too in depth. Basically, light entertainment. What shows would you recommend?

I would recommend:
The Inbetweeners (I don't know how well this would translate to Americans but I don't know one Brit who doesn't love this programme. It's comedy genius.)
Nip/Tuck (mmm Julian McMahon! I tried Glee which is by the same writers but so did not get it.)
QI (comedy/panel show presented by the legendary Stephen Fry)
And of course the infamous Top Gear.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 01:04
~RedFraggle~
I can't stand Top Gear. Jeremy Clarkson is an idiot. :P

I hardly watch any British TV (only Spooks and The X Factor!) so most of what I watch is American and am not sure most of it would be your kind of thing (Greys Anatomy, One Tree Hill, Lost, Heroes, 24, Brothers and Sisters).

Have you been watching Flash Forward though? It's pretty good. And for comedy there's of course Scrubs (the earlier episodes). How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory are also funny.

Have you watched Gavin and Stacey? I never did but everyone's saying it was fantastic.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 01:11
Acid Fairy
Ahh nooo Jeremy Clarkson cracks me up!

I tried Gavin and Stacey but it just irritated me lol. But I will try some of those so thanks!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 01:05
~RedFraggle~
Oh also, if you want some dark American humour and don't mind going back a few years, try Six Feet Under. It was brilliant.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 01:06
Lauren.
I LOVED Six Feet Under!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 01:08
~RedFraggle~
Me too. I never saw the final season though because they took it off of TV here and that was before I knew I could watch American shows online. I should try and find that final season online sometime.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jan 2010, 18:56
DivaAshley
I agree! That was one of the best series I have ever watched!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 01:10
foreverglow
Supernatural
House
Fringe
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 01:11
Acid Fairy
Ahh yes someone I know suggested Supernatural, thanks for reminding me of that!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 01:15
~RedFraggle~
How did I forget to mention House?
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 18:23
Acid Fairy
Ok, so I watched the first episode of Supernatural last night. It is awesome. Am going to watch the next one now as it's on Mega Video and you can only watch so many minutes of video every couple of hours :(
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 19:27
foreverglow
I recommend borrowing the seasons from someone or renting them.. if you don't have the patience for megavideo. Megavideo frustrates me in so many ways. lol
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jan 2010, 18:46
~RedFraggle~
www.projectfree.tv

The zshare and smotri videos don't have megavideo's stupid time limit.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jan 2010, 19:04
Acid Fairy
I'm watching Supernatural now on this site that uses videos from a place called Yuvi iTube. No limits which makes me happy :)
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 03:28
Chris

That's all I have to say.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 12:51
ICky VICky
LOVE IT!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 08:21
Jessica [Private]
See, when Nip/Tuck first came out, I Was in love with it.
But now it just grosses me out =/

I don't really watch much TV. But I'm obsessed with True Blood on HBO. It's between seasons, but if you haven't seen, then its the perfect time to get caught up!

Other than that I never watch tv =/
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 10:49
Let It Be
I agree, I loved the first couple seasons of Nip/Tuck.....but then the story line kept getting more and more ridiculous until it was like a dirty soap opera lol. I stopped watching it a couple seasons ago, after they did the whole 'reality/surgeon show' thing I was beyond done. I think they're currently airing the final season?

For comedy (also on FX :-p), I loooove It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Though their newer seasons aren't quite as funny as the first three were :-/
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 14:31
Acid Fairy
They are! It's so sad. The writers moved on to Glee, which I don't like. Mainly because there aren't any hot guys in it haha! Some seasons were better than others, and yes it's completely over the top, but hey, Julian McMahon ;) Haha!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jan 2010, 13:51
Let It Be
LOL yeah well you can't deny that ;). And at least you get to see his bare ass like, every other episode haha! I remember the last episode I watched Julia had amnesia because her female lover's daughter poisoned her or something....after that I couldn't bare to keep up with the storyline ;D. And I hated the whole Kimber/Matt/Scientology thing. Oh and don't forget the meth addiction lol!! I'm probably going to wiki the final season just so find out what happens :-p
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jan 2010, 14:35
Acid Fairy
Mmm he has a lovely bum!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 14:29
Acid Fairy
Haha it is pretty rank, but my love for Julian McMahon helped me to overcome my squeamishness ;D
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 19:36
*~Loving You~*
Buffy the vamp slayer
Angel
Desperate housewives
Dawsons creek
7th heaven
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jan 2010, 18:48
~RedFraggle~
You've totally just named all the shows I loved when I was 17 (well except Desperate Housewives, that came later).
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jan 2010, 19:10
*~Loving You~*
Lol those show were so awsome! Lol and full house when I was younger I enjoy golden girls sometimes
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends