Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Apparent Sex Attack Rocks Suburban Mall ...
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2010, 06:00
xox
this story really hit home for me, considering it's one of the malls i frequently travel to.
it's really pathetic you can't even let your children enter a bathroom unsupservised, especially if your a parent of the opposite sex.
i really hope to god this creep gets EVERYTHING he deserves, he's dispicable .

CBS 2 HD has obtained surveillance photos of a man wanted in a frightening incident at the Palisades Center Mall in Rockland County -- the victim, just 7 years old.

This holiday found lots of boys and girls with their parents enjoying a Friday at the AMC Loews Theater. In one of the women's bathrooms was a man who shouldn't have been there.

The matinee menacing happened at the Loews movie theater inside the mall. As her father waited outside, a little girl walked into the women's room and was met by a man who police said put his hand on her body.

"As far as we know at this point, it was a stranger and he touched her. It didn't rise to a rape at all," Clarkstown Police Sgt. Gerard O'Connor said.

The girl ran outside and told her father who then told police. Surveillance cameras inside the mall caught images of the alleged suspect, whom police described as a white male in his 40s, wearing black frame glasses, a black puffy coat, a charcoal grey sweatshirt and orange pants with white stripes on the side.

Shoppers were dismayed and disgusted by the suspect who took advantage of a busy day at the movies.

"I'm in a criminal justice major so that's disgusting. Lock them all up," said Jim Raphael of Northfield, N.J.

"It's really crowded today. The 1st of January everybody is off of work, so it's surprising," added shopper Latoya Johnson.

Meanwhile, the girl was taken to the hospital and evaluated but is expected to be fine. As for the suspect police are still putting together their investigation.

"We don't know what he was doing in the bathroom," Sgt. O'Connor said, adding there were no witnesses.

But there are the images. Thanks to the surveillance pictures police have a pretty good idea of who they're looking for, a man they say possesses a sick mind.

http://wcbstv.com/local/bathroom.palisades.mall.2.1401081.html
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2010, 15:20
HorrorVixen XO
I know what u mean. my husband gets so paraniod when we go to mall. not too long ago we heard that some creep tried walking off with a girl that was on a fieldtrip there. ever since then we've been watching out kids like the secret service!!!

I just don't understand why sick people like that still walk among us. to me, if u do something like that, they should be killed. I'm sorry but if any sick bastard touches my kids, they'd be dead!! I'm so serious. today I'm taking my almost 5 year old to disneyland & i'll be holding on to her really tight!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jan 2010, 04:02
Jessica [Private]
That's how I am. Anytime I see a kid with no parent nearby, I always keep an eye on them.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I saw that kid later that night on the news as missing :(
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jan 2010, 02:15
Soul Rebel
Ugh, I've been to that mall plenty of times too. I hope they get the guy.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jan 2010, 06:03
Finally Mrs. Bailey
I am surprised the father had the control enough just to call the police. I know if it were me, my dad would have KILLED that guy. No joke. Creeps like this should be the only exception to cruel and unusual punishment.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2010, 21:36
Mama2One
That's just sick.

If anyone ever hurt my daughter, I'd gladly sit in prison the rest of my life because I wouldn't be able to NOT go kill them.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jan 2010, 02:45
Meghans Follie
Not to blame the father by any means - but - this is why I insist that if the girls are out with Tim and I am not with them - that he ask a female employee of where-ever they are to please go with the girls to the bathroom and wait with them until they are done.

I also agree had this happened here - that man would not of come out of that bathroom alive... I am a little surprised that with it being such a busy night there was no one he could of asked to summon the police while he stood at the door to ensure the guy didnt get away. BUT I know that as a parent that was not his first concern or thought it probably honestly wouldnt of been mine either.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends