Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
Tila Tequila Preggo with Brothers Baby?
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 17:28
♥Cam'sMommy
http://www.okmagazine.com/2009/12/tila-tequila-tweets-shes-pregnant-with-brothers-baby/

as listed above in the article from OK!, I see Tila Tequila is going to be a surrogate for her brother and his wife to have a baby. I am just wondering how many of you would do this for a friend or family member? But, do you think this PARTY crazy girl should be harboring someone elses child in her body??
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 17:37
Artistic Muse
hmm, not sure if she is ready for the serious responsibilities that being pregnant brings. But, also, it might make her calm down and relize she is carrying another life in her hands. Also, her brother and his wife may keep tabs on her hard core lol. But if my brother asked this of me, I would help him after a long long discussion lol
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 18:23
Chris
That seems to be dangerous, what with serious genetic problems that can occur with inbreeding.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 18:36
♥Cam'sMommy
well, it isnt technically inbreeding, she is going to be carrying their fertilized egg... but I mean, I suppose something could occur from it!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 18:38
Chris
Please correct me if I'm wrong, and I know I have minimal knowledge of the intricate workings of the female body, but...

Isn't some of the nutrition the egg receives partially DNA strands from the physical mother (in this case, Tila)?
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 19:36
Acid Fairy
How about Phoebe in Friends? ;D
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2010, 02:12
Lauren.
I LOVE you for making that reference.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2010, 21:36
.Ban.Ignorance.
haha love this!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2010, 03:45
lithium layouts.
I don't know much either, but from what I do know, I would say that since the egg is entirely from the biological mother, and the sperm is entirely from the biological father, there is no inbreeding risk. Tila is merely a vessel.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 18:41
Chris
That being said, Wikipedia has shit for information on the subject. :(
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 18:47
Mojo Jojo
I don't think there's any inbreeding risk. I've read several cases of people carrying children for their siblings/other relatives with no ill effect. It's not something I'd do myself though. The foetus is genetically complete once the egg is fertilised by the sperm, so don't see how any other DNA could embed. The foetus recieves nutrition from the maternal blood. There's always a risk of miscarriage via embryo rejection in any pregnancy, I don't know whether it's a higher risk in surrogacy.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 18:51
Chris
I would imagine a number of factors would have to be determined, the major one I could see happening is a difference in blood type. Has that ever been an issue?
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 19:33
♥Cam'sMommy
yeah, if the mother has a different blood type than her baby (like +/-) problems can occur
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 20:31
Mojo Jojo
If a mother has rhesus negative blood and has had a rhesus positive pregnancy before (without having anti-d administered - the baby doesn't have to actually be carried to term, post-12 week miscarriages will cause the same antibodies), she will have antibodies that will cause a miscarriage if a subsequent embryo is rh.positive. So, all rh.negative mothers are give a drug called anti-d to stop the antibodies forming at approx 28 weeks pregnant and then at birth with ALL their pregnancies. I presume that surrogates have the same blood tests as biological mothers during pregnancy, so the anti d can be given if necessary.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 20:41
Chris
That's interesting.

Would this drug prevent these antibodies from doing its job anywhere else, say, if the mother gets sick with some blood disease?
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 20:50
Mojo Jojo
Not sure. Blood can hold antibodies to almost anything and anti-d is purely for the 'd' antibody which is related to the rhesus factor of the blood grouping. Blood grouping is far, far more complex than the ABO system would have you believe.
However, it's interesting to note than in my own family, only the members with rhesus negative blood have become ill with blood cancer (really common in my family, unfortunately).
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jan 2010, 01:35
.xoxo
The only DNA a baby receives is from the egg and the sperm, so because the egg and sperm aren't related there will not be a risk of in breeding.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 19:01
Transit
I would of thought the rate of miscarriage would be similar to that of non-surrogate IVF.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 19:25
*~Loving You~*
I think its a great thing 2 do for ur family - BUT tila?! *shudders* I wouldn't let her she looks so sick so skinny like annxeria the baby would break her, and she prob wouldn't take that good care of the baby she doesn't seem responsible and from her 2 season what I heard and seen - she's pretty dumb
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 19:36
Acid Fairy
But this might make her grow up, you never know!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 19:59
*~Loving You~*
Maybe but I hope she EATS
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 20:08
Transit
I keep forgetting that only fat people eat.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 20:13
*~Loving You~*
Ah- tellin ppl who aren't a toothpick annerxia sick person that eats are fat - nice

Okay obviously u have some beef with me - what is it? U seem 2 want to cause problems or say something to make me look stupid or whatever everything I have 2 say is either wrong or u create it with saracasim
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jan 2010, 20:44
Chris
Well it's because you're making blatantly unintelligent comments.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2010, 00:04
.love.struck.
Obviously she is going to eat while she is pregnant. It's kinda a natural thing to do with a growing fetus inside you. Also that fact that she is helping her brother and sister-in-law so of course she is going to take care of that baby.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends