Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan from Avenged Sevenfold
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 08:13
Immortal Shadows
here is a statement from the Avenged Sevenfold official web site
JIMMY "THE REV" SULLIVAN
Tue, 12/29/2009 - 05:22

* General news

It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we tell you of the passing today of Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan. Jimmy was not only one of the world's best drummers, but more importantly he was our best friend and brother. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jimmy's family and we hope that you will respect their privacy during this difficult time.

Jimmy you are forever in our hearts.
We love you.

M Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance and Johnny Christ

I am in complete and utter shock. I can't believe this happened. He was one of THE best drummers in the music scene. It seems to unreal. My thought and prayers also go out to his family, and A7X.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 10:10
Jessica [Private]
I was just going to post this :(

For the first time in forever I'm absolutely speechless.

Forever loved, forever missed♥
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 18:09
gravity girl
When I just saw this I was like, "Ohmy Jess, working fast girl." I figured it was you that had posted it but I was wrong!

But yes, RIP Jimmy. Definitely will be missed.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 21:41
Jessica [Private]
No no dude.
I would've been on top of this shit if I hadn't pulled the biggest stupid regarding Joelboo's tweet.

Like, I looked at it, and was freaking out cuz I KNEW it was someone we knew. And I was so stupid sleepy that I couldn't put two and two together.
So I gave up on it, and turned A7x on, and then it fucking hit me so hard. I flipped out googling it, and just started crying when I found out it was true.

No news sites have it, so seeing it on their site was like BAMFINAL. :(
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 14:46
ICky VICky
omg why are their so many deaths in 2009 i just want this year to be over with so my famous people i love can quit dying!
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 08:27
Aiure
Wikipedia lists his death as such:
"apparently of natural causes."

I wasn't aware that a 28 year old could die of natural causes. o.O
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 09:55
Transit
My 29 year old sister died of natural causes.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 10:02
Immortal Shadows
oh my, sorry for your loss.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 11:38
Jessica [Private]
Couldn't "natrual causes" apply to a lot of different things.

I heart heart attacks, cardiac arrest and things like that are considered natural causes.
Although I could be wrong, since I'm obviously not an expert in the matter, lol. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 12:04
Transit
Anything that naturally occurs is natural causes, cardiac arrest (which everyone dies from), cancer, pneumonia, septicemia etc.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 22:11
Aiure
I don't really consider cancer and other illnesses natural causes. But apparently I'm alone in that.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 22:16
Transit
What do you consider to be natural causes?
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 23:01
Aiure
Well, "old age," for one. Which is why I commented that I didn't think a 28 year old could die of natural causes. "Old age" being defined mostly by a body weakened by age, as nothing lives forever.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Dec 2009, 01:25
Lauren.
"In medicine, death by natural causes is a loosely-defined term used by coroners describing death when the cause of death was a naturally occurring disease process" (wikipedia)

Which would leave me to believe that any number of diseases that progress and can be fatal in certain situations, even diseases that the patient weren't known to have, could cause death and be considered a death by natural causes.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Dec 2009, 04:39
Aiure
That term has never made any manner of sense to me. The English language is a funny thing.

Also, I really don't think such a "loosely-defined" term really should be used in medical sciences. lol
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 09:51
Immortal Shadows
I read that the police are doing an investigation into his death. Maybe it was an accidental overdose. But I don't know. I'm still in shock. First Brittany Murphy and now him. Who is next?
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 11:35
Jessica [Private]
Oh don't say that :(

Deaths come in threes =/
0 likes [|reply]
30 Dec 2009, 01:21
Lauren.
I think police would most likely do an investigation into any famous persons death.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 10:33
SugarNSpice Surveys
Holy cow, 2009, enough death. Let 2010 be a better year. I can't believe all the celebrity deaths...it's just shocking. Although, when you think about it how many "normal" people die every day? It's just...odd.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 17:03
bakerjessica87
It drives me crazy when people assume drugs cause all young deaths (granted, I'm sure most of the cases are caused by drugs in celebrities) .. but how do they explain situations like this:

I have a cousin who was deaf.. Her husband got up in the middle of the night with their baby to fix it a bottle.. He died in the kitchen floor of a massive heart attack. He was in his 30s. He was not on drugs either. My cousin found him that morning..

I also read a article where a 2nd grader had a heart attack in school the other day.. Luckily, the kid was saved by the school nurse.

Crap happens... Drugs or not.. it's all sad.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 17:12
Transit
I don't understand why a lot of people think that only old people die of natural causes, I mean, I wonder what conclusions they come to when a child dies.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 22:02
Chris
Heroin. *shrug*
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 21:16
ღPhoenix
RIP Jimmy.... wicked wicked drummer.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Dec 2009, 00:28
- misseriin*
This is so sad.
2009 needs to be OVER. the world lost so many talented people this year!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends