Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Mystery Couple Starts "Magical" Chain Reaction
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2009, 06:09
minor_catastrophe
I thought this was pretty cool. There's a video on the site too.

It played like a scene from a holiday movie -- a mystery couple, who didn’t leave their names or numbers, walked into a restaurant, finished their meal and then set-off a chain reaction of generosity that lasted for hours.

That’s just what employees at the Aramingo Diner in Port Richmond said a man and a woman did during their breakfast shift last Saturday morning.

“It was magical. I had tears in my eyes because it never happened before. I’ve been here for 10 years and I’ve never seen anything like that,” said Lynn Willard, a waitress.

Willard and other waitresses told NBC Philadelphia that the couple started the chain reaction by paying double: for their own meal and for the tab of another table of diners at the restaurant. There's no evidence that one group of diners knew the others.

Holiday Shopping Guide: Gifts for Greenies
LOOK
Holiday Shopping Guide: Gifts for Greenies
Holiday Shopping Guide: Gifts For Kids
LOOK
Holiday Shopping Guide: Gifts For Kids
The Decade in Cinema: From "Brockovich" to "Batman"
LOOK
The Decade in Cinema: From "Brockovich" to "Batman"
“I could not believe it … and it continued and continued, it was very nice,” said Willard. “They asked us not to say anything until they left, but we said ‘Merry Christmas, that person picked up your tab.’”

For the next five hours, dozens of patrons got into that same holiday spirit and paid the favor forward.

The diner’s manager said not one person was concerned about price of the check -- which averaged between $12-$30.

“It was a surprise to all of us, the girls were even taken aback,” said Linda. “Those who took the check also tipped the waitress. So nobody had to do anything other than pass it on and that’s what they did. They just passed it forward.”

It’s a true holiday story that proves how a small gesture of kindness can create some magic.

Source: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Mystery-Couple-Pay-It-Forward-79179347.html?yhp=1
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2009, 06:09
minor_catastrophe
sorry about the random gibberish in the middle. forgot to delete it.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2009, 06:20
i blame mac
That's cool. I like when stuff like that happens.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2009, 15:01
Makayla
That's so nice. Stuff like this needs to happen more often.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Dec 2009, 02:01
Lovin'MyLittles
That's awesome! =) My husband and I were just talking today - his very good co worker friend at work - bought a soldier & his family's lunch today - didn't tell them, just paid for his whole meal and said to tell him thank you. It made me really happy :)
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2009, 07:02
True
This reminds me of the movie "Pay It Forward".
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2009, 07:33
crazybeautiful;
someone started that at my work. it only lasted about three or four people though but it was real fun while it lasted!
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2009, 22:17
something amazing.
That happened at a Starbucks drive thru I went to. The people in front of me bought my coffee, so I bought the coffee for the lady behind me. The barista was laughing because it had been going on for two hours both outside and inside during the morning rush. :)
0 likes [|reply]
16 Dec 2009, 02:50
Lauren.
That is SO awesome :)!
0 likes [|reply]
17 Dec 2009, 05:37
»Olivia«
That is AMAZING!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends