Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Television
Page:  1 
The X Factor
0 likes [|reply]
25 Oct 2009, 21:02
~RedFraggle~
Honestly, how ridiculous... John and Edward go through... Lloyd goes through (even although he was awful this week), and Danyl and Miss Frank end up in the bottom two?

WHO is voting for those terrible twins?

I realised the Americans don't have a clue who I'm talking about, so here's the link...

These were the acts in the bottom two...

Danyl Johnson (I recently read an American magazine refer to him as 'the new Susan Boyle')

Miss Frank (they were the act to leave)

And somehow these idiots got through...

John and Edward

The British public have a lot to answer for. :P
0 likes [|reply]
25 Oct 2009, 23:15
Acid Fairy
Who's voting for them? People who don't want the X Factor to claim yet another Xmas number 1 ;D

Ok ok, I'll stop bitching about it... for now ;)

I have seen bits of the show (my mother is an addict), and my favourites were Miss Frank, so it sucks they've gone. There is something very unlikeable about Danyl. I don't know what it is, but even if he were the best singer, I wouldn't vote for him because he doesn't have the likeability factor, which I believe is what Louis has said to him. To win this show, you need to appeal to the public with your personality as well as your voice. Although that really doesn't explain Leona ;)

John and Edward might be crap but Jesus, so is Robbie Williams, and people lap him up. They are cheeky and lighthearted. They won't win, but they will do ok out of it. I can see them in pantos in the future.

I quite like Stacey but we have had too many female singers out of this show and I know if she won she'd annoy the hell out of me. She's ok so far though; she's down to earth and seems like she'd be funny. I can imagine her doing interviews and saying stuff she shouldn't, and everyone loving her for it because she's kooky. So for that, I like her.

My favourite is Jamie because they never ever have rock acts on this show (which is why it bores the pants off me). He's so very different to previous winners and contestants and he has oodles more stage presence than anyone else. He definitely deserves to win. But he won't, because the public don't like different.

I don't remember anyone else. Oh aside from the other 2 girls. Lucie? Is that one? She's a bit crap, don't know why she's on it. Have heard better singers. And the black girl (Rachel?) needs to sort her hair out, I just want to take a pair of scissors to it.

As for the show itself, I really think they need to get rid of Cheryl and Dannii. I couldn't believe what came out of their mouths in the first week when Kandy Rain came on (who I also liked, aside from the abysmal band name). It was nothing but jealousy. WHY Dannii is on this show I have no idea, and Cheryl irritates me beyond words, but that is mainly because she is from Girls Aloud who I would like to jab in the eye with a sharp pencil. It irks me when audience members boo Cowell, when he speaks nothing but the truth! It would be a much better show if it were made up of 4 male judges, as they appear to a lot more impartial than the girls, who let their emotions get in the way of doing a job.

Right, rant over!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Oct 2009, 19:02
~RedFraggle~
Goodness, don't hold back! Lol.

I agree, Miss Frank were great. I hope someone else signs them. They definitely didn't deserve to go.

The voting is stupid. Apparently John and Edward got the highest vote of the show, and they're clearly the least talented. And Lloyd is only there because little girls fancy him. :P I only hope that when the show gets further on, the vote for the talented singers will be less split (currently there's a handful of really good singers, but as they start to go, the people voting them will probably tranfer their votes to others who can actually sing).

Yeah, I agree, I can imagine them doing panto or TV presenting, and they are funny... but it's a singing contest! And they can't sing!

I really like Jamie too. I LOVED his Kings of Leon performance in his audition.

Lucie is a bit crap?? I just watched last week's performance again to check if I was missing something... Are you hearing the same thing that I am? You really think THIS is a 'bit crap'?? I can understand you not liking her personality, because she's a girl next door like Leona (and I know you don't like her. ;)), but I think calling that performance 'a bit crap' is insane!

And I think Cheryl is a great judge. I think her comments are pretty fair most of the time, and her criticism is usually constructive. Dannii I'm less fond if, but she's been less irritating this year. And Kandy Rain WERE horrendous! They looked like sluts (and I think Cheryl and Dannii were right... if they want to be taken seriously as singers, and not seen as lap dancers, don't dress like lap dancers!) and they were totally out of tune the entire time! Not to mention the vast majority of the voting audience are young and female, and they are not likely to vote for girls who are out of tune and look like lap dancers! And there are certainly 'better singers' than Kandy Rain. Lol.

Opinion on Danyl seems to be so split. A lot of people seem to think he's arrogant, but I can't see that personally. And I think he's a fantastic singer. He didn't deserve to be in the bottom two. And I think the majority of the public DO like Leona (and I've never really understood why you dislike her so much), and I think people like her because she's normal. She is a girl next door, and people love that. Personally I really like her. In every interview I've seen she's come across as very pleasant and totally down to earth, and she's clearly extremely talented (and has succeeded where so many haven't, by being the first British woman in forever to have success in America). Leona is a good reason for keeping the X Factor going, because she's exactly the kind of person who has talent that never would have been discovered otherwise.

I agree though that Simon totally speaks the truth. I think he's been unnecessarily harsh to Lucy, but otherwise I usually agree with his comments. And he knows the business, and he knows what sells. And I don't think he's even particularly unkind, just honest.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Oct 2009, 19:17
Acid Fairy
I didn't watch last week's, I only saw the first 2 but Lucie certainly wasn't amazing in those.

I probably have really high standards because I have music training and have been surrounded by talented performers for most of my life, so I know I am more harsh than the average viewer. I actually went to college with someone who has a record deal (her first single is being released in Jan but I don't think she's all that good, she's called 'Scarletta'), and I went to uni with a girl who was featured on Perez Hilton a few weeks back; Ellie Goulding.

Leona is just too much of a 'goody goody' for me. Not that long after she won, she did a TV thing for Oxfam or something, going to visit kids in third world countries. All very commendable. But she completely broke down in tears and it was so terribly annoying that I had to switch off. She was crying in front of starving kids. They were probably wondering what on earth she was crying for!
I definitely prefer Alexandra over Leona. She's just that bit more 'edgy'. But I will never like anyone who wins X Factor, for the principle behind it. Also I'm a bit of a snob and prefer musicians who write their own songs and play their own instruments (I always prefer bands over solo artists).

But I think it's been going on long enough now and it should stop stealing the Christmas number 1 from artists who have been in the music business a lot longer and worked a lot harder for it. I accept that winning X Factor isn't an easy thing to do, but it's certainly easier than how long it has taken a lot of artists to find fame and recognition.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Oct 2009, 19:38
~RedFraggle~
But the Christmas no.1 has always been a joke. Before The X Factor it was taken by the likes of Girls Aloud, The Spice Girls (three years running I believe), Robbie Williams, Westlife, East 17, Bob the Builder and Mr Blobby!

Serious artists never release singles the week before Christmas. And honestly I'd much rather see someone talented like Leona or Alexandra take the Christmas no.1 than a Children's TV character or teeny bopper pop band!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Oct 2009, 19:43
Acid Fairy
LOL good point ;D
0 likes [|reply]
27 Oct 2009, 08:34
Sarah*
lol. Aww I love cheryl and I love girls aloud :) You're sooo right about simon though. The constant booing is such panto because he isn't even nasty in his comments. He is being honest and stating his opinion. All the others do it yet people don't like simon doing it. He is right when he reiterates that this is just HIS opinion and that it is stupid to lie and tell people they were great when they are clearly not.
I like Danyl but then that's also because he is from my hometown so I'm gonna support him lol. I think he is a good singer too and his first audition was fab.
John and Edward are totally cringy but they make me laugh with every performance.
Lloyd isn't strong enough vocally and is only a baby. I don't think he'll stay much longer but I think he'll find it tough when he is voted off! I guess he has the votes from the teen girls at the moment though..as does that Joe guy.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Oct 2009, 19:03
~RedFraggle~
Except that Joe is actually talented. Lloyd is awful. He deserves to go, but the teen vote is keeping him in. He should have been in the bottom two, not Danyl and Miss Frank. :P
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends