Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Thread Graveyard
Page:  1  2 
Glasses in wedding photos
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 03:42
Hidden Depths
I -love- my glasses and hate how I look without them. Not to mention how I get all squinty. LOL I've never been one to wear contacts and my glasses are like jewelry to me. They make me look beautiful.. I've only been wearing them since I was 16.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 03:42
Beautiful Lies
Really? I mean, honestly?

Someone wrote an entry because they think glasses make people ugly? What a load of shit. I can't stand this kind of douchebaggery.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 03:54
The Narnian Ninja
i've been wearing glasses since i was about 8.i tried contacts,an i absolutely HATED Them,so im def sticking with glasses,if i ever get married,yep,you guessed it,you're gonna be seeing my emo glasses in everypicture! seriously,i would rather have glasses on then not be able to see what the heck is going on.
an who says glasses can't look good in wedding pictures?my sister wore hers when she got married,an she still looked amazing
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 04:15
Makayla
I wear contacts almost 24/7. I have wore glasses before but prefer contacts. I wouldn't wear glasses with my wedding dress because it's like wearing tennis shoes under your dress. You are supposed to be dressed formal head to toe & glasses just throws the look off in my opinion. I think glasses are cute with casual wear but not for a formal event like your wedding. If I couldn't wear contacts & was almost blind without them, I would much rather wear my glasses than stumble down the aisle half blind not being able to see my groom, guests ,or decor. But if it all possible, I would do my best not to wear glasses at my wedding.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 23:21
Lauren.
A lot of people DO wear tennis shoes or cowboy boots under their wedding dress. Personal preference. But tennis shoes and glasses do not equate to each other. Someone has a CHOICE of their preferred shoes on their wedding day, a lot of people do not have the CHOICE of wearing their glasses.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 23:33
Makayla
That's what I was saying. I said if at all possible I wouldn't wear glasses on my wedding day. Obviously, I said I would much rather be able to see than to stumble down the aisle. But in my opinion it looks tacky. But that's just my opinion. The way I was comparing tennis shoes with glasses I was comparing how they both would look tacky with a wedding dress.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 04:20
Aiure
I can't clearly see any further than the end of my nose without some sort of assistance. I used to wear big, ugly glasses that didn't look very good on me. I now wear contacts. Were it ten years ago when high prescription contacts were unheard of, and I were to be married, I would have worn my big ol ugly glasses anyway. It's MY day, after all - I should be able to enjoy it. And seeing nothing but blobs of colour the whole day is certainly not enjoyable (not to mention a huuuuuuuuuuuuge strain on the eyes!), especially when everyone went through so much effort to look beautiful for you.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 05:30
Minda Hey Hey™
It's sad how shallow some people can be.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 08:12
Transit
When I don't wear my glasses I just walk into things and get a headache pretty much straight away, I don't do anything but sleeping and showering without them on.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 10:58
*just me*
Haha love this thread. I made some comments too, and told her that some people's identity is WITH glasses and that without glasses they wouldn't look themselves, and that the wedding is not wholly about how good someone looks, it's about two people loving each other. I also said she was shallow, and of course my comment was deleted. How very childish and shallow of her! I love the ironic title of the entry in question too :
"Your opinion is NOT the only one".
Well, it seems hers IS the only opinion, as she didn't like anybody elses!
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 20:06
Bittersweet
I have tons to say on this topic, but I am going to keep my mouth closed for a lot of the comments I can make!

I got married in May of this past year and I kept going back and forth on my decision on whether I should wear my contacts or should I just keep my glasses on, I decided to just wear my glasses. I've been wearing glasses since I was 7 years old, so everyone who was at my wedding has known me to have glasses, and I just couldn't walk down the isle to someone who I was just pretending to be. I actually do have contacts, but because of the shape of my eyes contacts do not stay in and pretty much always pop out, something I wanted much to avoid.

Without any sort of vision correct I cannot see 2 inches in front of me, could you imagine walking down the isle not being able to see my husband to be at the end of the isle, that would have just been a shame.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Oct 2009, 00:22
RealLifeComics
Glasses are hot on most girls I think.

Specially when they run around with nothing but a white shirt and tie.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Oct 2009, 00:42
Hidden Depths
People who think glasses are ugly obviously haven't seen the new styles that are available. Glasses can be sleek and glamourous and pull a look together like no other piece of jewelry can. They accentuate the eyes of the person wearing them and draw attention to the face. If you think a person with glasses is ugly--it's not because of the glasses--it's because of the ugly.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends