Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Body of baby boy found after search of dump site
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 07:45
-kay
Monday, January 5, 2009 – updated: 6:00 pm PST January 5, 2009

PORT ANGELES, Wash. --
The body of a baby boy has been found by investigators combing through 60 tons of trash at a dump site near Tacoma.

Port Angeles Police Chief Terry Gallagher told The Associated Press the body was found about 2:10 p.m. Monday, three days after the investigation began, and six hours into sifting through the trash.

Gallagher said forensic tests are planned, and DNA results to establish the infant's parentage may not be available for weeks.

A 16-year-old girl was arrested Friday on suspicion of first-degree murder after a neighbor in Port Angeles told police she saw a dead baby in a garbage can. The girl's father, 41-year-old Ronald Last Jr., was arrested for investigation of concealing the birth by disposing of the body.

According to court documents filed on Monday, the girl gave birth on Tuesday to a baby boy, drowned him in a toilet and put his body in a trash can.

Court documents prepared by the Clallam County Prosecutor's Office alleged that after the boy's birth, the mother's father looked for a new bathroom rug. The girl told him she had bled on it and that she threw it away.

The father looked for the rug in a garbage can, found the baby's body but was too stunned to remove the body from the trash, according to the documents.

The girl is being held on $500,000 bond. She remains in juvenile detention for investigation of first- or second-degree murder.

Prosecutor Deborah S. Kelly says another hearing is scheduled for Wednesday. She says the girl will be charged as an adult.

The girl's 41-year-old father, Ronald Last Jr., also was arrested and is being held at the county jail on $10,000 bond.

The 60 tons of trash were in two containers that were taken to a site in Graham for shipment to Oregon. The trash was handled by Waste Connections, Inc.

"Our belief was the baby was born alive, but died shortly after the birth," Gallagher told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.

He said the trash was picked up Wednesday. Chopper 7 video showed investigators at the Graham site, where Washington State Patrol officials could be seen.

Gallagher said a woman came to the police station Friday and said she had seen a baby in a trash can in an alley behind the girl's house, but the can was empty when officers arrived.

I started crying when I saw it on the news tonight. How can people do things like this?
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 07:52
Doc
That is horrible. :(
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 07:55
Beautiful Lies
All she had to do was take the baby to a fire station, hospital or a police station.... NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Fucking sick.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 07:56
.Blue Bella.
If you are willing to have sex, and don't want to protect yourself AGAINST getting pregnant, OR having an abortion when you fuck it up and DO get pregnant and THEN choose not to be responsible about it... THEN DON'T HAVE SEX. This girl is a fucking moron and I hope someone sits her in front of a television with lots of beautiful babies and what joy they bring and she realises what she has done.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 09:13
Fiat
This is horrible. I bet they'll be lenient with her punishment. :P
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 09:27
Just_live
If they are, there is no justice in the world.
I don't care if she was 16 and whatever else they might try to say. What possible excuse is there for that?
She deserves the full punishment, and to be tried as an adult.

Makes me sick.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 09:53
.love.struck.
Why not take the baby to the hospital? They would of taken the baby in and the baby would of went into an adoption agency. I swear, people need to have a license to have sex.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 10:05
Ash77
Wow thats so unbelievable, quite disturbing. Gonna hug my kid as tight as I can next time I see him.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 18:38
~*Shannon*~
Around 12 years ago or so a friend of mine was working at a dump and found a newborn's body in the garbage. Scarred him for life.

This is absolutely horrendous. There are those of us who would do just about anything to give birth to a live healthy baby, but we can't. And there are those who can who choose to just throw it away...literally. It makes me sick. Absolutely SICK.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 18:57
love♥nik
GAAAAAAAAH!!!! This is why there are safe haven laws in place!!!! FUCK! I can understand if she's too scared blah blah blah, so leave the baby at the hospital!!! Jesus. -_-
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 19:24
kein mitleid
Sadly, this isn't the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last. Put her in prison until she's gone through menopause, so she can never have kids.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 19:54
Makayla
This is so tragic. I wonder why the father helped to conceal it. It could quite possibly be incest. I don't know and Im not one to judge, but I do think that the girl is very young. It takes someone who is very mentally disturbed to do something like this. Maybe she had been going through sexual abuse her whole life from her father, and out of shame and guilt she killed the baby so nobody would ever find out. I do believe that she does need punishment for this don't get me wrong, it was a horrific and unthinkable thing to do. But unless you have been through sexual abuse (which I have) you have no idea what it can do to your mind. I am not saying in anyway that I would have ever done this if it were me, bc I couldn't kill a bug even after it's bit me. That's just the kind of person I am. But right now, nobody knows what this girl has been through in her life. Charging her as an adult isn't the right thing to do right now, until they found out why she did it. If my theory is correct, I believe that she should be charged as an adolesant.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 20:26
Tracie
Bitch should have her uterus ripped out of her body through my mouth.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jan 2009, 20:53
Transit
You want her uterus in your mouth?
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jan 2009, 00:45
Tracie
Nope that was a silly typo. HER mouth
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jan 2009, 02:56
prettylittlekitty
She needs to be locked away forever and have her uterus taken out so she can't have any more kids. The poor baby. Being born into this world only to be drowned in the toilet... someone needs to stick her head in the toilet.

People are sick. Really really sick.

I want to go hug my baby now. :(
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends