Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Political Debate
School Children Sing About "Obamacare"
0 likes [|reply]
8 Oct 2009, 22:42
Chris
You're right, I shouldn't have worded it like that. I'm just saying, a strong majority of middle-class conservatives in this country are... just not smart. And it's frightening to me.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2009, 18:13
kein mitleid
A strong majority of all people in America are just not smart. Why bother picking straws about it one way or another. Most people that voted FOR Obama are idiots, and most people that voted AGAINST Obama are idiots.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2009, 15:49
xoxo♥
yeah funny. so are a lot of liberals too. go figure.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2009, 16:00
Chris
At this point, I don't mind liberals being sheep. At least their shepherd is leading them in a somewhat decent direction. Not the direction I would have taken, but at least it's not completely backwards.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Oct 2009, 16:06
Chris
Let me rephrase: In an ideal world, everyone is intelligent enough to come up with their own decisions, and probably won't be swayed by fear mongering and smear tactics. That way both sides can work toward progression, and we can forget all the bullcrap that is preventing this country from achieving that progression.

Except we're not, and the only chance of progression I can see is with the democrats, who, admittedly, need some conservative help on the economic side of things.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Oct 2009, 07:01
kein mitleid
Which is precisely the wrong ideas. Realize the democrats and republicans are happy with the status quo -- as long as America remains a two party system, they're happy.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Oct 2009, 11:42
Chris
Which is why it's an ideal world. A system like that would be terribly fragile and collapse as soon as only ONE corrupt person screws it all up. I was just raised on the value of heavy trust and carried around that ideal until I was in my mid-teens.

This country has a shit-tacular system run by shit-tacular, corrupt politicians who don't even seem to make efforts anymore to cover up the fact that they're corrupt.

The rest of them just have absolutely no idea how the world works.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Oct 2009, 18:53
kein mitleid
"Except we're not, and the only chance of progression I can see is with the democrats, who, admittedly, need some conservative help on the economic side of things."

The idea that one can choose the lesser of two evils, such as the democrats over the republicans, is precisely what keeps the two-party system in place. People fail to vote independent candidates under the assumption that either a republican or a democrat will win, that the individual vote doesn't matter.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Oct 2009, 21:33
Chris
That concept came from the idea that only the republican or democrat will win, which is highly true. No one cares about politics, they just care about who they see on TV the most, or what their biased news sources tells them.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Oct 2009, 23:43
kein mitleid
There is no "progression" from either side, unless you consider the rolling back of freedoms earned by the blood of soldiers over the last several 300 years. I call that regression. Each side makes government larger, takes a little bit of autonomy away from the individual, and the end result is a government that permeates all aspects of daily life.

0 likes [|reply]
14 Oct 2009, 01:05
Chris
Well if we're going to get back down to basics, we need to worry about how to change the fundamentals of living in this country. In terms of health care, I believe the governments legitimate concern is getting people proper health care, not expanding their power - at least, not yet.

You're right, I believe state laws and individual freedom are the two ultimate goals for this country, but we really need to get back down to basics.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Oct 2009, 18:11
ღPhoenix
yay.... politics.

My 2 cents- You (well not just you, but everyone who is mad about this video) needs to realize something. Barack Obama is our PRESIDENT. Wether you like it or not, there is nothing YOU can do to change it. He is here to stay for a few more years. This man will be in our childrens history lessons, like George W was in ours. (or at least mine). It doesnt matter if YOU like obama or not. He is the president of this country and the children WILL learn about him. Did i like george? hell no. But i still learned about him and what he did and was doing at that point in time. Its SOCIAL STUDIES...its GOVERNMENT... how can you be in a "government class" and not know about obama? seriously.

as far as you think people are trying to brain wash these poor babies into thinking that obama is better than anyone you could have picked is down right stupid. How do you know these children SUPPORT obama? (i know, how do i know that they dont) but just because they LEARNED about him, and put on a song and dance about him, doesnt mean they believe hes a good guy or what he's doing is right. It means that they are doing something that is required by there school as part of the LEARNING process to understand what is GOING ON IN THE WORLD. (which i think them learning about health care is totally amazing, considering those kids are going to be taking care of US when we get up in our ages and need to be taken care of).

You can teach your children that Obama is wrong. You can teach your children what ever political or religious offiliantion you want. You can give them a million and one reasons why YOUR way is right, and THERES is wrong... but sooner or later, there will be SOMEONE who makes them think for themselves. There will be someone who pushes the envelope and makes them question everything they've been taught. A 13 year old that is told that obama is a great president by their teacher and a bad one by you is going to be very confused, and she will go looking for answers, and she will draw up her own conclusions and theres NOTHING You can do about your children having a brain and thinking for themselves.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Oct 2009, 18:13
ღPhoenix
damn it *theirs
0 likes [|reply]
8 Oct 2009, 22:23
lithium layouts.
A lot of debate in this forum has been about the possibility of public healthcare in America. I can probably ascertain that I am the first non-American to comment on this; in fact, I am from a country that - shock and horror - DOES have public healthcare.

And you wanna know something? PUBLIC HEALTHCARE WORKS.

IT WORKS! IT IS GOOD! It's great, in fact.

Sure your taxes go up, but taxes go up for all sorts of stupider and less-worthy reasons that you probably don't even want to know about.

The way it works here, it is not only those who can't *afford* private healthcover who get to benefit from public healthcare. My family, in all my 23 years, has never been in a private health fund. We are not poor, we're not living on the street in rags, we are probably pretty average in terms of income and assets and whatnot, and we've quite comfortable. And we've survived perfectly well this way. Sure we fork out the money when the occasional private hospitalisation happens, but it probably works out the same as paying for private cover anyway.

For those who are resistant to this, please open your eyes to other possibilities for just *one* minute. Look around you, at the rest of the world, and realise that other countries are a perfect living example of what works and what doesn't.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2009, 06:08
just samma;
i agree. =)
0 likes [|reply]
8 Oct 2009, 23:26
Miss
errrrghhhhh (did not mean to create a drama forum topic)

lets forget about all this and watch this video instead?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sILnTjYlNxc
0 likes [|reply]
8 Oct 2009, 23:31
Mary Magdelene
Not been on Bloop that long? ;-) Eventually you'll come to realize that no matter how innocent the topic, there will always be drama in it. But the ones to avoid the most are religion, politics, and parenting. ;-)
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2009, 00:11
Miss
i've been on bloop for 4-5 years :P
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2009, 00:15
Mary Magdelene
Well then you should have known. ;-) NO topic is a safe topic for Bloop.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2009, 00:28
Chris
I didn't know debate is synonymous with drama.

THE MORE YOU KNOW.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2009, 00:31
Mary Magdelene
There is a very fine line between debate and drama.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2009, 00:35
Chris
I strongly disagree. Drama is stupid shit.

"I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE TALKING SHIT ABOUT ME, THIS IS BULLSHIT, SIGN YOUR COMMENTS, OH, HE FONDLES HIS CHILD BECAUSE HE'S AN ASSHOLE"

That is not debate. This thread is debate.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2009, 00:36
Mary Magdelene
HA HA! True. lol
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2009, 03:33
Jessica [Private]
Anything involving a president or major change is gonna cause that :(
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2009, 14:01
tumbling;echo xx
Lol No drama here. Just debate. :)