Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Political Debate
Page:  1  2 
Let's talk about health care...
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2009, 03:29
Lunar Sea
I fully support the NHS, pretty much for the reasons Red Frag cited. At the end of the day, whether or not you're allowed to live a healthy, comfortable life shouldn't be based on how much money you have (or for children, how much money your parents have). Money does not define your worth as a person.

Although I think all the stuff about Stephen Hawking, and the assertion that under the NHS he'd have died, is utterly hilarious. If a little scary.

An article on the original mistake, with links to further interesting bits.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 04:49
kel-sy
I don't think you know how bad the USA has it when comes to health care, until you see how great they have it in England. Although I love being close to my friends and family, I miss being able to schedule a same day/next day appointment and not have to think "How am I going to pay for this?" I currently have something wrong with my eye, no idea what it is, but I won't go to the doctor because I'd rather feed my daughter than make sure I'm okay. It's sad that this is how we live, and I seriously hope Obama can push this through. One thing we have to remember though is this: Obama didn't win his presidency alone. It took millions of people to stand up for what they believe in. Now we have to figure out how to show all these right wings that Fox is making up a lot of crap, and trying to get them to read the actual bills. :(
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends