Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
Error message, yo.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Dec 2008, 18:58
BOTTOM
When I plug my ipod into my laptop, I get the error message 'usb device not recognised', then it brings up a list of 6 ports, all named 'unknown port' with one of them bolded, called 'unknown device'. I've only got 2 usb ports and I've tried my ipod in both of them but get the same message. Can anyone shed any light on it please? Is it an error with the laptop or the ipod? THANKS, YO!
0 likes [|reply]
31 Dec 2008, 19:20
ceterisparibus
I think it's "user error". ;)
0 likes [|reply]
31 Dec 2008, 20:26
Me, I'm Not
restart your Ipod, sometimes they do that.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Jan 2009, 18:12
BOTTOM
Thanks yo, the reset thing worked!
0 likes [|reply]
1 Jan 2009, 19:35
Me, I'm Not
No problem, I've only had that problem once, it might not do it again.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Dec 2008, 21:09
.youll.carry.me.
Three things:
1) Do your USB ports work with other devices? If not, you may need to install/upgrade your drivers for your USB ports.
2) Has it worked before and just stopped working, or is it a new device?
3) If it's never worked before, or is new, you may need to install drivers for your Ipod. You can do this by going to Apple's site IF your Ipod didnt come with the drivers already. (I know my sisters came with a mini-cd for her drivers) I would lean more towards your USB drivers needing updating, though, only because you said your computer is seeing 6 ports when you only have two. Plus your USB port's should be assigned - meaning they shouldn't be "unknown ports". BUT, if other things do work with your USB ports now, and it's just the Ipod, I would suggest getting Ipod drivers and see if that helps any.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Jan 2009, 15:05
some miscreant.
^ listen this cat.

OR.

Set iPod on window.

Repeatedly strike with club.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jan 2009, 11:54
& skull.
haha i like that solution.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jan 2009, 17:45
some miscreant.
I have too (one, two, three) many bad experiences with iPod/its shit warranty to recommend anything else. =P
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jan 2009, 17:46
some miscreant.
I mean, seriously, the warranty might as well say, "THIS WARRANTY HEREBY COVERS ALL DAMAGES, EXCEPT DAMAGES THAT DAMAGE YOUR IPOD. THAT RENDERS THE WARRANTY VOID, WHICH MANY PEOPLE AT APPLE ARE LAUGHING AT YOU PURCHASING IN THE FIRST PLACE."
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jan 2009, 19:10
Transit
Everytime I've had an ipod break apple came to my house to pick it up repaired it and returned it for free.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends