Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
President Obama to address the kids in school
0 likes [|reply]
6 Sep 2009, 21:47
~RedFraggle~
I'm genuinely curious to hear why it is that you dislike him so much. Just as I have never seen anything to make me believe Obama is a "dishonest, self-serving person". Quite the opposite. He appears to me to be striving to make the country better for it's people. Providing them all with health care, regardless of how much money they have for example... how can that be self serving?
0 likes [|reply]
7 Sep 2009, 00:03
DivaAshley
I don't wish to get in an argument here... I have done my research on Obama, and I believe what I believe. Let me just say that actions speak louder than words, and what he SEEMS to be, may not actually be who he is. What he SEEMS to want for our country, may not actually be what he plans. I don't think he's some terrorist or anything drastic like that, but I truly don't believe who he SEEMS to be is who he really is. I really don't want to get into the specifics, because like I said, I debated all this during the election, he was elected, and now I pray daily that who I believe him to be, and who millions of us believe him to be, is not truly who he is. I pray for him, and his counsel, and that he finds the wisdom and courage to do what is best for our country.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Sep 2009, 00:13
~RedFraggle~
Well, I guess it depends where you did your research. There's plenty of untrue information out there about Obama. About as much as there's untrue information out in the public domain in America, surrounding the British National Health Service at the moment. Yet millions of Americans believe what is being said about that too. :P

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of the people who believed that health care in the UK is completely controlled by the government and that we pay huge taxes. We don't by the way.

Still, if you don't wish to discuss it, I can respect that. Although I strongly believe you're wrong about him.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Sep 2009, 00:41
DivaAshley
No, actually, I don't believe that. I do, however, believe that my information is extensive, and true. Undoubtedly. There are a lot of people who adore Obama, and believe that I am wrong, and there are a lot of people that feel the same way. I've always said that, in this case, I agree to disagree.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Sep 2009, 00:23
Chris
I'm still wildly confused. You're describing him in a very vague manner. You haven't told anyone why you personally dislike the man, and that information went hand-in-hand with the topic up for discussion. If you weren't going to say anything, why post to the thread?
0 likes [|reply]
7 Sep 2009, 00:44
DivaAshley
I said what I wanted to say pertaining MY child, and MY choice as far as his speech to students. I have said multiple times, when it comes to Obama, I agree to disagree. I don't like to argue about him because no one on either side will give an inch. It is pointless, and to me, infuriating, and in an interest to keep my cool, I just don't argue about it. Nothing I can do at this point, as he is our president, and I hope that he does what is best for our country.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2009, 17:48
CrystalShapedHeart
My sister and her friends listened to his speech and now they're working harder. He gave them a lot of hope so I think this speech was perfect. Somebody finally convinced my sister to actually pay attention in school. My respect for him grows.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Sep 2009, 06:26
~RedFraggle~
Honestly, some people are ridiculous. How evil of Obama to want to encourage children to work hard at school. That clearly makes him just the same as Saddam Hussein!
0 likes [|reply]
4 Sep 2009, 06:38
BeautifulBrownEyes
I live in Pearland, TX and let me tell you this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. In fact on my local mom's board, there has been some heated debate about this throughout the day. There are some hard core conservatives here who, because their candidate lost, have been throwing big, fat tantrums any chance they can get. I'm sure President Obama is going to undo all the indoctrination their parents have done to them in a ten minute speech.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 05:54
Doc
Ha.... small world. I live in south houston... and used to work at linens and things there in pearland
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 19:14
BeautifulBrownEyes
Oh wow, yeah, definitely a small world! I actually moved to Pearland because a Bloop friend suggested I check the city out when my husband got a job down here. :)
0 likes [|reply]
4 Sep 2009, 20:33
Krisstahღ
Sigh... what a waste of energy..
I realize that politics are important to help steer a country in the direction that is wanted by the people who live there..
BUT.. when the election is said and done and someone wins. They have been voted in by the majority and they start making decisions on what they think is best for the country as a whole, why waste your energy getting in big angry tantrums you know? Personally if bad decisions are to be had and made even the people who voted him in are going to have to go along for that ride and even they may not like all his ideas, but it happens when one man is in charge a whole populous. Its a big job. We have so many homeless and drop outs still now a days and the cost of school is scary and the work load gets bigger every year, i think encouragement at any age no matter what your political beliefs are is helpful.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Sep 2009, 22:49
Estella
BAD OBAMA, YO! ALL THE GOOD KIDS WILL TOTALLY IGNORE HIS EVIL ADVICE AND THEY WILL NOT WORK HARD AND THEY'LL TRUANT SCHOOL.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 01:24
Miss
they're going to show it to us tuesday. i'm pretty uninterested in seeing it. i don't care for obama and i don't need to be told to stay in school, i'm graduating in january for pete's sake! as if kids are even going to listen to it anyways. "hi kids, school is important. this is why i'm taking time out of your day at school when you could be taking a test or studying to tell you to stay in school. lookitme!"
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 06:49
Jessica [Private]
Thaaaank you! :D
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 22:51
Miss
:)
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 19:36
Chris
It may be a rather foreign concept to you, but consider the kids in poverty around the country who don't have people telling them that school is important.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 22:00
Miss
lol

only about every teacher in existence has expressed to their students in one way or another that school is important. obama isn't the one doing the teaching.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 22:16
Chris
You ever been to inner-city New York?
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 22:18
Miss
have you? XD
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 22:20
Chris
I grew up there.

Your move.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 22:21
Miss
i'm not playing a game.

if you have a problem with my opinions, cry about it.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 22:22
Chris
Er, right. Or I could point out how your opinions are flawed.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 22:24
Miss
really? cause all i've seen is you posting snippy remarks. you grew up there. so? i should care?
0 likes [|reply]
5 Sep 2009, 22:24
Chris
You asked me if I've been there. I only answered your question.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends