Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
DJ AM found dead.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Aug 2009, 23:58
bakerjessica87
Celebrity disk-jockey DJ AM was found dead in SoHo today, sources told NBC New York. He was 36 years old.

The body of DJ AM, also known as Adam Goldstein, was found on the seventh floor of an apartment building 215 Lafayette, law-enforcement sources said.

Goldstein, along with drummer Travis Barker, barely escaped death in a small plane crash in South Carolina on Sept. 19, 2008. That incident left him badly burned, but four others died in the accident.

The details of his demise are still unclear, but police sources said investigators are looking into the possibility of a drug overdose.

Goldstein, originally from Philadelphia, was briefly engaged to reality TV star Nicole Richie in 2005.

He threw out the first pitch for a Mets game on August 23rd, and his last Twitter post on Aug. 25 said "New York, New York big City of dreams, but everything in new york ain't always what it seems."

Barker's ex-wife, Playmate Shanna Moakler, wrote of DJ AM's death, also on Twitter. "My deepest condolences for DJ AM, you were a great artist and will be severely missed. My thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends," she said.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/DJ-AM-Found-Dead-in-Manhattan-55912767.html
0 likes [|reply]
29 Aug 2009, 04:17
Chris
I have no idea who DJ AM is.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Aug 2009, 04:39
Doc
Exactly... DJ Who??
0 likes [|reply]
29 Aug 2009, 16:42
Laurarose
yeah such a shame. i only heard of him since the plane crash with travis barker [not famous over here]
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2009, 10:10
~RedFraggle~
Never heard of him. :P
0 likes [|reply]
29 Aug 2009, 00:01
Minda Hey Hey™
Gosh people in hollywood are just dropping like flies lately :-S.

I didn't know his music real well, but that's still sad.

May he R.I.P.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Aug 2009, 01:45
j'dore hailey&ryan
I don't understand this.. he escaped death less than a year ago just to die now.. I can't believe this. he djed really well
0 likes [|reply]
29 Aug 2009, 04:54
.love.struck.
What is with these celebrities and drugs? If this is the cause of death, then you would think they would understand that drugs are bad. Too many celebs are dying of accidental overdose or mixture of drugs. Who are these doctors handing out these medications?! I think they need get their licenses taken away if they are doing it for pocket money.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2009, 10:09
~RedFraggle~
Prescription drugs which are being abused are usually not prescribed by doctors, but obtained illegally.

And if they WERE prescribed, they were likely prescribed with specific instructions not to take more than a certain dose. A doctor cannot control a patient though. If they choose to take more than the prescribed dose, that's their stupid choice. Even paracetamol (tylenol) will kill you, if you take more than the recommended dose. But we don't exactly blame the shops that sell paracetamol everytime someone takes a paracetamol overdose (and believe me, they happen A LOT). Because people should be capable of taking responsibility for taking medications properly.

Michael Jackson on the other hand... well his doctor was an idiot. He never should have prescribed or administered the drugs he did, in the way he did (propofol should NEVER be given outside of a hospital). But he's the exception, and he will most likely be punished.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Aug 2009, 12:49
KerriBlue
I just thought this was so random. I'm not a fan..but I didn't believe it at first...It was just....really random I guess. So sad...especially after all he went through with that plane crash and all...to survive that..and then for this to happen...shocking.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Aug 2009, 16:21
Miss
who?
0 likes [|reply]
31 Aug 2009, 08:05
RealLifeComics
He used to be a member of Crazy Town. Remember those idiots who did that song "Butterfly" , was engaged to Nicole Ritchie at one point I think. Good mates Travis Barker (Barker and him were in a plane crash together only both of them survived). Hes also done work for Papa Roach and Jay Z. Cant say I followed the guys career, just read a lot of music mags.

Too bad about for the guy.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Aug 2009, 12:29
Doc
Thank you. I had wondered what all he did.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Sep 2009, 00:31
RealLifeComics
Lol I cant tell if youre being sarcastic!!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends