Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Bloop Drama
Page:  1 
Awful Opinionated People...
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2009, 16:53
BlueEyedAngel
I just started here, I am using this as a way to vent and create an autobiography of my hectic insane life. It was a friend's idea and I created it... I posted some photography for the book on here, and I had the most rude comment I swear! They said "your ugly, you boyfriends ugly, your friends are ugly, the cake you mades ugly, ugly! ugly! ugly!" That's pretty much the comment... anyways I thought it was rude... whats your opinion? I mean after all it is my diary!!! ~Bethy (Excuse my spelling errors in a hurry!)
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2009, 17:41
Giggle
Raise a ticket, get their IP address, and block it. It's probably just an idiot with nothing better to do.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2009, 03:42
RAE 0F SUNSHiNE
people can be kind of mean... no matter where they are. but it seems as though when people are behind a computer screen they feel as though they can say whatever they want, and tend to enjoy sending out hurtful comments. it's sad that people feel the need to criticize people constantly.

what ever happened to if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all? there's a difference between an opinion and being just flat out rude...
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2009, 06:31
lithium layouts.
I would turn off unsigned comments firstly... you can do that here: http://www.bloopdiary.com/entry/defaults.php

And you may have to go into entries you've already written and set it manually there to Members Only comments.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2009, 23:46
IamMarina
yeah its pretty rude alright just set your diary or your diary entries to friends only
0 likes [|reply]
26 Aug 2009, 19:09
Lady Elphaba
Ignore it.
You don't need to give miserable people the satisfaction that you care ;)
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2009, 17:37
Azkabound
I think you shouldn't pay attention to people that offer their lackluster 'opinion' on what you say or post. If all they can say is 'ugly, ugly, ugly' they don't deserve to be rewarded with a response. Or for that matter a forum thread. Block them if they insist on being idiotic and don't take it to heart. There are morons everywhere you go that believe their two cents make or break all else, even on a site like this one.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2009, 21:00
Doc
Tell them to eat shit and then block them. :) If they continue to harass you, then open a ticket using the support link at the top. Staff won't be able to help unless you have tried blocking them first though, as we try not to interfere with user conflicts if possible except in extreme cases.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2009, 23:06
Estella
ALAS, I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE ABOUT ME, AND WAS RELISHING THE IDEA OF MORE BLOOP FAME! BUT ALAS, I DON'T THINK I'VE COMMENTED YOU ABOUT YOUR LOOKS, OTHER THAN TO TALK ABOUT YOUR GLASSES, YO, AND THEIR ANTI-REFLECTION COATING.

BUT YES, YO - IF YOU POST PERSONAL STUFF IN A PUBLIC PLACE, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A FEW PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO BE ARSEHOLES. NOT A LOT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT, OTHER THAN POST PHOTOS AND PERSONAL ENTRIES AS 'FRIENDS ONLY'. AS YOU ARE NEW, YOU WON'T HAVE MANY FRIENDS YET, SO IT'S BEST TO GET TO KNOW PEOPLE SLOWLY AND DON'T TELL YOUR ENTIRE LIFE STORY ALL AT ONCE.

I AM LOOKING ON YOUR DIARY AND I CAN'T SEE THE COMMENT, YO. DID YOU DELETE IT? OR WAS IT PRIVATE? YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO DISABLE PRIVATE COMMENTS - I FIND PEOPLE ARE OFTEN LESS INCLINED TO BE RUDE IF THEY CAN'T BE ANONYMOUS. OTHER THAN ME - I AM MERRILY RUDE TO EVERYONE IN A NON-ANONYMOUS FASHION! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2009, 23:50
.love.struck.
Block them. Probably some stupid teenagers.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2009, 00:38
.Blue Bella.
Yes, it is rude. However, when you publicly write - as you do, you open yourself up to idiots. Whilst what that person was rude, they can write what they like. Best option is to just block them and forget about it.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2009, 00:55
Sypha Belnades
I never cease to be amazed by how thin-skinned and hypersensitive the users of this site are. If you were to go to a legit blogging site like LiveJournal or Tumblr, or hell, even if you start something up on Blogger or Blogspot, you'd get 10x worse.

If you don't want prying eyes or naysayers reading your diary and voicing their opinions, download some private diary software or go buy a paper journal from a bookstore.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Aug 2009, 00:23
Estella
GOSH, WHERE IS ALL THIS HARDCORE LJ DRAMA, YO? I NEVER FIND IT.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Aug 2009, 02:26
Sypha Belnades
Used to be easier to see when ljdrama.org was around. Nowadays most of the shit seems to go down at stupid_free or sf_drama, but most of it's pretty tame in comparison to the insane NASCAR fans and baby rapists that got featured on LJD.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2009, 06:27
RealLifeComics
Ah ignore them. No cake can be ugly. Yum.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2009, 07:56
& skull.
turn of unsigned comments, or change to members only. block people that say 'rude' thing sot you. that's all i got.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2009, 08:54
~RedFraggle~
Set your diary to members only and to accept only signed comments. Bullies are wimps. They tend not to bother if they can't remain anonymous.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2009, 17:44
BlueEyedAngel
thank you all for your comments, i did delete the rude comment and privatise the user! Its no biggie, it was just abnoxious!
0 likes [|reply]
26 Aug 2009, 00:17
kid at heart.
You may want to take off your last name, as well, and your boyfriend's too.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Aug 2009, 02:42
.love.struck.
I agree with kid at heart. Take off yours and your boyfriends last name.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Aug 2009, 17:35
BlueEyedAngel
sorry i will do so ASAP!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends