Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Trainers beat elephants at Ringling Bros. circus
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jul 2009, 19:01
I saw this in the news and it really disturbs me! Elephants are my favorite animals. Last year we went to the Ringling Bros. circus and I actually won a painting that was painted by an elephant named Kelley Anne. If I would have known they were beaten like this then I wouldn't have attended the circus.

Poor babies. :(

Click Here for video/article

DISCUSS.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jul 2009, 19:03
Lily-my one and only
i won't even watch it bc i know i'd get upset. but i hope one of those elephants trample the trainers to death. bastards. i won't go to the circus either. makes me sad.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jul 2009, 20:58
Dreamer ♥
I only once ever went to the circus, I got to see where they were held. I was not impressed. Bear in mind I was only 10, I am now 25! I was horrified! I have never been to an animal circus since! I have been to the Chinese State Circus which is 100%animal free! It's amazing!
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jul 2009, 19:05
Transit
I don't see how your shocked, circuses are renowned for animal cruelty.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jul 2009, 05:43
Jessica [Private]
*you're ;)

I agree with you though, I've always known how mean circuses are to animals :(
I hate it so much :(
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jul 2009, 04:56
grandlinegirl
My dad used to take me to them when I was little. Once I was old enough and understood that they were mistreating the animals, I never went again. I will not support the abuse of animals.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jul 2009, 13:56
I know it seems very naive of me (and it is) but when I was like 8 we got this VIP thing where we were able to go back stage before and after the circus. When I was back there I NEVER saw anything wrong. I saw the animals getting love and treats and I thought everything was perfect! Now that I'm older I know that it was all a show because they KNEW people where back there, but I honestly didn't think much of it until about a year ago. :( Poor babies.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jul 2009, 17:48
xoxo♥
I don't go to the circus anymore, Because of that. I haven't been since I was 9. The best is cirque de soleil it's far more entertaining anyways :)
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends