Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
COMPUTER QUESTION...help?!
0 likes [|reply]
26 Dec 2008, 00:45
.Ban.Ignorance.
I got a laptop from a refurbishing guy.. well a month or so later it started doing something odd... so my grandmother took it into her work and the computer guy there looked at it. he said it needed a new hard drive. Now.. when you replace a hard drive on a laptop.. is the whole 'shell' of the laptop what is replaced as well. because I got this laptop back but it's not the same as mine. works fine.. internet is fine. has everything i need.. but not the laptop i had.. ya know? now.. should i have my grandmother bring it back or was he simply replacing the hard drive.. aka laptop?

let me know PLEASE!!!
0 likes [|reply]
26 Dec 2008, 02:11
Cristine
My fiance is a computer technician and he says that they must have gotten your laptop mixed up with another one because replacing a hard drive in a laptop is just a simple internal procedure. He says it shouldn't change the laptop itself. (It should look the same as when you took it in, if that is what you're asking)
0 likes [|reply]
26 Dec 2008, 02:12
.Ban.Ignorance.
thank you!!! Thats what I thought... i want my laptop back!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Dec 2008, 01:41
BOTTOM
Yeah what Cristine said - I had to get a new hard drive for mine a few weeks ago, it is just an internal thing.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Dec 2008, 03:30
some miscreant.
shoot that cracker.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends