Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
2nd generation ipod shuffle
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jul 2009, 22:03
bratpunkyg02
My stepdad got a 2nd generation ipod shuffle for his birthday because his old shuffle stopped working. Well I charge it since he is terrible with electronics and he gave it to me because it went completely dead. Well I plugged it into the USB port and it blinked red 5 times and stopped blinking. Well I get it off a few hours later and it won't turn on, so I am guessing it didn't charge. Every time you take if off and plug it back into USB port it blinks red 5 times but that is it. I know on ipod nano when it goes dead you can hit a reset button and it will make it come back on. I am thinking that you have to do something to reset the ipod shuffle to make it turn on so it will charge, but I don't know how, can someone who knows help me! Thanks!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2009, 19:25
xanderthebuttmonkey
To update or restore iPod shuffle:
1 Make sure you have an Internet connection and have installed the latest version of
iTunes from www.apple.com/ipod/start.
2 Connect iPod shuffle to your computer.
3 In iTunes, select iPod shuffle in the Source pane and click the Settings tab.
The Version section tells you whether iPod shuffle is up to date or needs a newer
version of the software.
4 Do one of the following:
 To install the latest version of the software, click Update.
 To restore iPod shuffle to its original settings, click Restore. This erases all data from
iPod shuffle. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process.

Found that on Apple's website, hopefully it's helpful
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jul 2009, 00:17
bratpunkyg02
thank you :)
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends