Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
Adobe flash advice
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 18:53
~RedFraggle~
Last week I uploaded a couple of videos to youtube, and then posted them on my Facebook page. When I tried to view them on Facebook it said I needed to download the latest Adobe Flash Player. So I clicked on the link, went to the Flash site and downloaded it.

It said 'installation successful' yet I can't see it on my programme list (and I've tried again multiple times) and more annoying still, I NOW can't play any YouTube videos at all, on Facebook, or on YouTube. When I go to YouTube it says I need to download the latest Flash player (although it worked fine before, and I've already supposedly downloaded it). Same with photobucket when I try to upload photos. :P

I tried to restore the system, to go back to before I tried to download the new version but I've tried at 4 different checkpoints and each time it's said 'Unable to restore to this date. Try a different checkpoint'.

So I'm stuck... someone help me please. I want YouTube back!
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 19:38
DecentralizedByGuilt
try and older version of adobe flash player, like the 9

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jul 2009, 10:09
~RedFraggle~
Oh never mind, I figured it out!

I should have uninstalled the old version before installing the new one, and because I didn't, it got confused. I've uninstalled it now, and reinstalled the new one (v10) and it seems to be working perfectly!

Thanks though. I wouldn't have found the uninstaller and figured it out if you hadn't given me that link!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends