Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
iPod Touch?
0 likes [|reply]
1 Jul 2009, 17:45
panda bear.
I'm thinking on asking my fiance for an iPod Touch for my birthday... but I want to make sure it's not a mistake asking for it. So I reach out to the current iPod Touch users. What's so good about it? What do you not like about it? CONVINCE ME!!
0 likes [|reply]
1 Jul 2009, 20:12
wugs
If you are only going to listen to music, you'd like other iPods much more. The thing I like least is how the Music app is a bit awkwardly designed when it comes to navigation, but it isn't too bad.

If you are looking for a variety, the Touch is the way to go. I like to have one or two movies, a hundred or two songs, and a couple of free game apps from the Store on my iPod at all times. Safari works pretty well if you come across a place with wi-fi, but it isn't extremely outstanding. Definitely preferable to nothing, though. The memory is surprisingly good and loading times aren't bad for it being a mobile device.

I don't type on it much, so the touchscreen keyboard is still somewhat foreign to me. I can't use it quickly at all. Nonetheless, one built-in app I use all the time is Mail. It's very convenient to just check my mail at a glance without bringing up a new tab on my computer.

I don't use Maps very often, but I'd expect it's good for navigation. No review.

The basic stuff you'd expect there to be is good too. Notes, Calculator, Weather, Calendar, Contacts, etc. are all very useful.

One of my favorite parts is free apps from the Store. I haven't gotten a paid one yet (cheapskate ;)), but the free works work just fine. Tap Tap Revenge is a very popular and very fun free game I play when I'm bored. Social networking apps like Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter are quite well done. Plus, there are apps like Flashlight (useful for reading at night), Dictionary (from dictionary.com), Translator (a large range of languages. Mainly only good for foreign-to-native translations), and Wikiamo (an app that lets you read Wikipedia articles without using Safari, since WP doesn't load very well in it).

The one downfall is space. My old model is an 8GB, and the current max is 32GB or so. An iPod Classic easily has over 100GB (I think they currently have 120GB or so). Personally, I like my slightly-more-chunky gen. 1 version, because it has one feature gen. 2 doesn't: The back doubles as a mirror. ;D Either way, I hope this helped you some. ;)
0 likes [|reply]
1 Jul 2009, 23:19
*Forever Changing*
They are coming out with the Zune version of the Itouch in the fall, I am waiting for that, its called the ZuneHD
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jul 2009, 09:25
-kay
I AM SO EFFING EXCITED!!!!!!!!! :D
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jul 2009, 15:53
*Forever Changing*
UMM YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I swear if i dont get one for my christmas/birthday I will go into a Mindi temper tantrum and Jeff knows it, thats what I am getting him so that better be what I get. LOL.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jul 2009, 02:32
RealLifeComics
I've got an Iphone, and I've never had an Ipod. Its the best gadget thats ever happened to me really. The Ipod on it's own, Im not sure is as good, unless you just want music obviously. It has access to the internet and you can put your photos and stuff in it. You can also play movies and download games for it. The fact that it's touch screen is also just cool to play around with.

I read that Ipod is going to be the next hand held game console. Wether it would be good or not I don't know.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jul 2009, 02:46
Lauren.
I commented all of my iPod touch amazingness to you on your diary. So.. yeah... go read that xD.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jul 2009, 07:55
Jessica [Private]
blackburryyy stooorm ;D
ipod touch + amazing phone = win. :P
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 00:13
Lauren.
That would be.. the iPhone, not the blackberry storm, lol.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 06:58
Jessica [Private]
newp.
mp3 player you touch = ipod touch.
amazing = blackberry.

BLACKBERRY STORM TYVM.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends