Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
Wireless Router
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jun 2009, 02:28
foreverglow
Okay, so I've got a question. I bought a router today, and I installed it on my sisters laptop. I'm able to connect to the wireless network with MY laptop, but she is unable to connect to the wireless network. She has to use her ethernet cable to connect to the net. I tried connecting her laptop to the wireless network, but it just takes forever and finally says the password is incorrect or whatever and I know it's the right password.

Is there anyway we BOTH can connect to the router wirelessly???
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jun 2009, 02:30
eringetic™
i think you need to add her computer to the router through your computer.
does that make sense?
haha.
i don't know...my dad actually set mine up.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jun 2009, 02:37
foreverglow
i should be able to do it on her computer cos thats where i installed the router! lol
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jun 2009, 03:08
eringetic™
lol.
like i said, my dad set mine up.
haha. i get easily confused with computer gadgets like that.
haha. good luck!
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jun 2009, 02:35
xanderthebuttmonkey
you should both be able to connect to it. you may need to contact the manufacturer of the router for tech support. It doesn't sound like it's a MAC filter because she's able to see the network and try to connect to it. That's the only thing that comes to mind that could stop the computer from being able to connect. So if you're sure the password is right, and remember that it might be case sensitive, then you should call the router's tech support or look in the troubleshooting tips for that model.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jun 2009, 03:12
Makayla
That happened with my step-dad's wireless internet. I had to call the assistance line provided on the router box, they said that they had to change the channel we were hitting off of bc it wasn't strong enough to pick up two signals at the same time. Something like that. But they should have an assistance line on there, and they fixed mine over the phone.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jun 2009, 10:25
.xoxo
She might have to reinstall her wireless modem driver which can be found at the laptop manufactorer's website.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jun 2009, 05:21
RealLifeComics
Hahaha I thought the title of this thread was "Walruss Rooter".... at a glance of course :P
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jun 2009, 09:16
Transit
Her settings and everything is obv okay if she is able to use the ethernet, do a signal test, if it comes back okay then it might be the wireless device on her laptop.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jun 2009, 11:17
*amour de bebe*
I dunno, whenever i have any trouble it's always 'cause my firewall is turned on and have to change the settings and stuff. Idk. lol.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jun 2009, 18:48
DecentralizedByGuilt
I had to change the name of mine a few times, and it gives you all new passwords, and the other number keys you need. had to do it 3 times to get it to take. mine is a linksy btw
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jun 2009, 20:14
Khoquetishღ
Actually, you may have to call both your ISP and the manufacturer of the router if you didn't buy it from your ISP. Generally when you get internet service, the technician that install it automatically configures the router so you're able to connect wireless without a problem. if you do have a problem then there are certain steps you have to take and they should be able to provide that.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends