Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
let the bloop bashing begin
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 03:06
adios
never said you were but it appears that other people are.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 03:09
Minda Hey Hey™
I think the reason why some people are upset is because of how public this is. It's not just on bloop, it's on the news and I'm sure a lot of them are shocked. How else are they supposed to react?

I have to ask, what is your stance on all this?
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 03:10
adios
I'm not sure what you mean by what is my stance?
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 03:11
Minda Hey Hey™
How do you feel about what they both did?
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 03:16
adios
If they both did what the allegations claim - I think they deserve whatever punishment is fit for the crime.

Coming from being a mother of three children if I were in the situation where I felt I may hurt my child I would get help. I would never want to do anything bad to them, so given the allegations that they more or less intentionally hurt their children it irritates me. I believe it to be wrong and unjust as well is uncalled for, there is never a reason to hurt a child no matter the reason or the circumstance.

But there is no reason to bash an individual without evidence to back up your claim in emilys case all you have is what the media says and the media isn't always right and or truthful. In the other bloopers case I have all the proof I need to back up what I say.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 03:18
adios
correction four children, I always leave one out cause he doesn't live with me.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 03:22
adios
wow that sounded bad. my oldest lives in wisconsin and I live in texas he isn't in the equation as when I was 17 I did what I felt was in his best interest and allowed his grandparents to raise him about a year ago they gave custidy to his father. very confusing.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 03:28
Minda Hey Hey™
Well she admitted to doing it, didn't she? She knew what she was doing and I have a feeling if she wouldn't have been caught then she wouldn't have confessed. Cameras don't lie.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 03:30
adios
Okay so what the other blooper was doing to their child, its alright they did it because its not on camera even though the child got better in the hospital after the mother was removed from the equation?
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 03:32
Minda Hey Hey™
The mother did get her children taken away from her though, didn't she? Maybe she should be in more trouble? I do believe that I don't think it would matter if it was a blooper or someone nobody knew--we would all be disgusted. Since it IS someone that a lot of people thought they knew then it hits closer to him.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 03:34
adios
Yes, but if she cooperates with CPS does as they ask and the case closes it appears she has the posibility of gettign her kids back - Would you call that justice for her kids?

And yes I agree with you it hits harder cause its someone everyone knew, but emily isn't the only one that has done somethign to their child and that is all I am trying to prove. Everyone says emily shouldn't be able to see her children. The other blooper gets supervized visits with the possibility of having them returned to her. Justice works in cruel and unusal ways.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 04:38
Mary Magdelene
Not everyone knows anything about any other Blooper unless it is made public knowledge. I can guarantee that the majority of the people in this thread would not have known about Emily had it not been posted. So many of us may have absolutely no clue who or what you are talking about in regards to this "other blooper", so you can't sit there and say "You're bashing Emily, but you're not bashing so-and-so" because they may not even KNOW about so-and-so. Like me. I have no damn clue who or what you are talking about.

I think EVERYONE in this thread can agree that ANYONE who hurts a child does NOT deserve to have anything to do with those children.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 05:16
Minda Hey Hey™
Just so you know. I get how "not right" it is when kids are able to see their mother after being abused by them. I've witnessed it in my OWN family and it disgusts me. I treat my family members the same way as I treat someone I DON'T know who abuses children. They are nothing but disgusting people to me.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 08:16
Laurarose
The thing with this situation is that because there is the majourity of us that knew her or were close to her we feel- or rather we want to believe- that what happened must have been due to a complete mental break down. None of the people tht are defending her are saying it's an excuse, no sir!
what we don't understand about the human brain is how fragile it is and doing something as atrocious as this would only be seen as unforgiveable. As it should be. But it's a hard situation for us that knew her, I think we may be in denial. A woman we knew to be a loving caring mother doing THIS to her child?! Surely not. We hope there is a mental issue there otherwise there is no chance we will ever contemplate to understand what went through her mind when she decided to do this.

People can bash, people can hate. If the "defenders" did not know this woman we would be bashing and hating, too.

But I have noticed that even some who did know this lady are trying to reason that while a mental issue would not excuse what she has done, there is still an issue there that needs to be addressed and shouldn't be ignored.
You can't really put a person on the edge of mental stabilty in the same pen as say... Susan Smith [who killed her children because her lover did not want them]

But I guess it's all down to how you view the whole situation. Some agree that a mental issue could explain what happen, some will say it doesn't matter because she still hurt her. I'm personally sat on the fense. We're entitled to all our opinions and theres no point in trying to make either party feel guilty for an opinion that is the opposite of yours because if they're not going to change you're mind, you're not going to change theirs.

0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 08:17
Laurarose
the third paragraph should have said "even some who did NOT know this lady..."
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 08:22
Laurarose
If found this...
"In 1996, Jennifer Bush, aged seven, was taken from her mother, Kathy. She had had 40 operations. Her gall bladder, her appendix and a portion of her intestines had been removed. Florida child-abuse investigators alleged that at the root of Jennifer's 'illness' was her mother's state of mind. Kathy Bush had contaminated the surgical tubes implanted in her child's stomach with faeces. "

This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends