just for that, i'm going to write one about you! ;-D
0 likes [|reply]
24 Dec 2008, 05:59
Minda Hey Hey™
Hahahahaha. That would be awesome!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Dec 2008, 10:32
Wife♥Mommy
She was at the mall in Barnes and Nobles signing books. There were 1400 people standing in line. We waitted 5 hours. I was doing it for a Christmas gift. We got probally 15 minutes away from seeing her and she left. It WASNT her fault she didn't get to meet more people. Barnes and Nobles were SO unorganized. We'd as a question and no one would know an answer. My sister did go the next day to the local Christian Book store and meet her. I have pictures on Facebook.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Dec 2008, 16:26
The Ryan
I can't imagine having two children right now. Let alone 18! So hats off to them, yo!! Though I've been reading about the recent marriage of their eldest son Josh to Anna Kellar. And it sounds strangely contrived. Almost like an arranged marriage. Check it out: http://www.ja20.com/ourstory.html

We have a dude in the UK who's always in the papers because he has 18 kids. But he's a different story altogether: he lives solely off Government welfare. He needs a good castrating or two!

0 likes [|reply]
24 Dec 2008, 16:32
Transit
I wouldn't be surprised if it was an arranged marriage, especially as the family normally speak of a rule where you aren't allowed to even talk to the opposite sex outside family members.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Dec 2008, 16:45
The Ryan
Like, read how uncomfortable this bit of their testimony is, yo:

Josh Duggar: I felt God speak to my heart that this was the girl I was going to marry someday! I enjoyed our fellowship, and then resumed my schedule for the rest of the day. By that night I still could not get her off my mind! I went to my dad and told him what I felt like God had told me. He told me that he thought it could be a possibility, and then asked if I felt that I was ready to get into a relationship. I knew that I had a lot to get ready if I felt courting… or even marriage was in the near future.

Anna Duggar: I was surprised a few weeks later when my Dad announced to our family that we would be traveling to Arkansas to spend a few days with the Duggars!

Josh Duggar: I enjoyed the Keller’s visit, and was able to watch Anna from a distance… trying not to make it noticeable to others. The day that the Keller family left our home I immediately talked with my Dad again. I told him that I was for sure that Anna was the one for me. He agreed that God was moving us in that direction & counseled me to keep praying for our relationship. As we spoke further about the possibilities of courtship he encouraged me as an eighteen-year-old man to begin diligently preparing spiritually & financially for the day that God would bring us together.

Anna Duggar: Our family made the trip from Florida to Texas again to attend our annual ATI Home Educators Conference. During the time our families spent together, I felt God was showing me that Joshua was one I would marry someday.

Like, no, yo!! Your parents were the ones showing you that he was the dude you were going to marry someday! They kept forcing you together, dragging you all over the country to dangle you in front of him like a piece of meat yo! hahahaha If you read their testimony it genuinely feels like the Duggar Dad said to the Kellar Dad, "My 18 year old is looking for a wife. Your 18 year old needs to be a wife. Let's throw them together, then brainwash them into thinking it is God's doing!"

Those poor sweet deluded children! They barely know each other and now they are shackled together for life. They've literally just said: "I like God! He/she likes God! Let's spend the rest of our lives together!" ... that is no basis for a marriage! hahaha
0 likes [|reply]
24 Dec 2008, 16:53
Transit
I like how none of them mention loving each other.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Dec 2008, 06:48
.Blue Bella.
I never say that I love my brother. To him, about him, and in general.
Doesn't mean that I DON'T love him though.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Dec 2008, 06:50
.Blue Bella.
Sorry I read that in against totally the wrong reply lol. Ew. LOL. I get what you mean though lol.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Dec 2008, 16:23
Transit
You scared the shit out of me! hahahaha
0 likes [|reply]
25 Dec 2008, 20:48
Amelie
gosh that is shocking!
'Anna: Just after the Duggars first show aired on the Discovery Health Channel, some friends of ours sent us a copy of ’14 Children & Pregnant Again!’ As my family watched the video, I noticed how Joshua, then age sixteen, shared the importance of guarding his heart and waiting for someone who would really love him and wasn’t going to just get carried away with their emotions. I was so excited to see another family who was brought up so similar to the way our parents were training us, but never would I have dreamed what God had in store! '

i love the way she puts training.. like a dog! wouldnt teaching have been a better word?
0 likes [|reply]
25 Dec 2008, 21:15
Amelie
oh no, wait. training is definately the right word, though some people wouldn't treat their dog the way these kinds of people do...
http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/articles/child-training/

i just read on their website that michelle reads child training books.... i imagine this is the kind of stuff she follows?!
this particular one made me want to be sick... but then i don't smack my kid and never will....
http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/articles/child-training/art-of-training/article-display/archive/2003/july/01/different-techniques-to-control-parents/
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2008, 02:36
Fiat
I just have to say that many, many Christian parents oppose the teachings of Mike and Debbie Pearl. I can't say for sure how much Michelle Duggar agrees with, but the Pearl's are abusive parents in my opinion. I believe their actions are very un-Christlike and not what any parent should aspire to be.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2008, 08:45
Amelie
i'm glad its a minority thing. I agree with you totaly.(hah for once!) its truly shocking..
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2008, 10:19
seasongster
the pearls are whack jobs, besides being abusive. :-/ who on earth recommends sitting on your child to 'control' them?! i'd get fired and charged with assault if i EVER did that to a child in my care.

not to mention that it can easily kill a child if they are caught face down with an adult on their back - that's why we aren't allowed to do face-down restraints anymore.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2008, 12:56
Amelie
i don't understand how they can even get away with advising people this stuff? surely the website is screaming abuse and shouldn't be allowed
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2008, 18:42
Fiat
Their books are the same way. I wonder if they've ever been investigated before.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2008, 18:46
Transit
I just hope they haven't as if they have it means someone who should be looking out for children is turning a blind eye and allowing those children to be abused.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2008, 18:57
Fiat
Here is just one website I found after doing a quick google search:

http://stoptherod.net/ttuac.html
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2008, 19:01
Transit
Omg they even said to ignore any head injuries to a baby, celebrate if your child is been bullied and even hit them for behaving, I find it sick that their children have not been removed from them.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2008, 21:35
.November.Butterfly.
that just makes me feel ill!!!! these poor kids that are being brought up to be emotionless, broken, abused children!
its just.. theres no words for it... i'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, i still go to my daughter in the night, and i believe her crying means something, even if its just that she needs a hug. people think i'm weird and that i should let her cry it out... but come on when there are people like that out there....?! I know what i'd rather be thought weird for!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends